Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Over Under Auburn 150 rushing yards
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 439

Over Under Auburn 150 rushing yards

Jul 22, 2016, 9:12 AM

I'm going under. I think they are going to have to throw it to score and I think we get atleast one or two INTs. I don't think they have a QB that can beat us even with an unproven secondary. I think our DL and LBs stuff the run and BV makes them throw and puts pressure on the all night. Just cannot get beat deep and we will be fine.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Over Under Auburn 150 rushing yards

Jul 22, 2016, 9:14 AM

Works for me! Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Over Under Auburn 150 rushing yards

Jul 22, 2016, 10:57 AM

They don't have WR's either. Another thing they're missing is that WR/RB hybrid that Malzahn likes to get the ball to in space...we've got several guys like that - Artavis, Ray Ray, even Tavien Feaster now - but they really don't have that explosive playmaker you just find a way to force-feed and get the ball in his hands. That lack of overall explosiveness has really limited their entire offense.

Their QB problems are pretty significant too. Sean White is boring, fundamentally sound, unathletic, weak-armed, and in no way fits what Malzahn likes to do on offense. Jeremy Johnson has the physical skillset but makes mind-boggling decisions with the football, and then he compounds that by being weak-nosed when it comes time to go get yards with his legs...he's always been like: hey, a man could get hurt doing that, no way, no how. Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane, in other words. Which drives coaches and fans alike berserk.

Then there's John Franklin III. Wildly talented, probably at least as talented as Nick Marshall was, but erratic enough he wound up in JUCO, and you could see both the talent and erraticism when he took the field in the Spring Game...he made some stuff happen with his legs, tagged a long TD throw...and blew a bunch of other plays up because he lacked understanding of the offense and even some fundamental skills, like understanding what his mesh points were in the read-option game.

Oh, and they're also breaking in a bunch of new LB's and a new defensive system led by the Redoubtable Kevin Steele - I dub him "Redoubtable", because he's so amazingly re-hireable for such a poor coach, which has afforded us chance after chance to doubt him again and again as he fails stop after stop. Whatever, it's Not Good, when you're trying to track guys like the ones Clemson's going to have buzzing around.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll take the over ... mainly in the 4th quarter

Jul 22, 2016, 11:04 AM

Sort of like Oklahoma in 2014 ... we're waay up, the subs are in and they're trying to get something to look respectable.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Over: I'll guess 160 rushing and 210 passing. We get

Jul 22, 2016, 11:10 AM

210 rushing and 320 passing and win 38-27.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 439
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic