Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will Walt denounce Joe Pa with more evidence coming out?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Will Walt denounce Joe Pa with more evidence coming out?

Jul 12, 2016, 1:42 PM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/07/12/joe-paterno-knew-of-jerry-sandusky-abuse-in-1976-per-testimony-in-newly-unsealed-records/?tid=sm_tw

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My only question is why were they going to Joe Pa in the

Jul 12, 2016, 2:49 PM

first place? This is a legal matter and Joe Pa couldn't charge or arrest him for this crime. Why didn't the complaints take this to law enforcement? I haven't followed this at all so I have limited information about what happened, but he's the football coach and would have no power to arrest him. It would appear to me that they are blaming the most notable person at Penn State for the actions of someone else.

It doesn't matter why they went to Joe Pa.

Jul 12, 2016, 3:02 PM

All that matters is he knew about it all along and not only did he do nothing to stop it, he kept the SOB employed in a position so he could continue to harm other kids.

as expected, Walt doubles down on his defense of Paterno***

Jul 12, 2016, 3:37 PM

Re: My only question is why were they going to Joe Pa in the

Jul 12, 2016, 4:15 PM [ in reply to My only question is why were they going to Joe Pa in the ]

I never have understood why someone, especially a parent, would seek redress from someone not in law enforcement. Same situation in a church. I'm an old guy and my old man is 95. He wouldn't have gone to a coach or bishop for help. He would have gone to the police or have been looking to confront the individual.
Really disappointed in Paterno. Can't defend him if it is true. He had an obligation to go to law enforcement once he knew the allegations. There was no reason to seek advice from higher ups either. Inform the administration that the situation was going to be placed in the hands of the authorities They are equipped to handle it..
He was going to be lied to if went to the coach.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

complicity..***

Jul 12, 2016, 5:20 PM [ in reply to My only question is why were they going to Joe Pa in the ]

this is not "evidence" per se, they're "allegations"....

Jul 12, 2016, 3:01 PM

and allegations have less validity than does most accepted "evidence".

Since Joe Pa's gone there's really no way to determine if this really happened or not.

Given all that however,

Penn State's football program is a "black eye" on America, not just College Football,

and should be shut down completely.

Just like "Domestic violence", violence by the Police, violence against Police, et al

this type of sadism and tyranny has no place in society.

It's an absolute disgrace that more people in this country haven't called for this - America convicts itself on this account.

No matter what happens, the "Nittany Lion" will always - and I do mean always -

be tarnished beyond repair.

Re: this is not "evidence" per se, they're "allegations"....

Jul 12, 2016, 7:21 PM

> and allegations have less validity than does most
> accepted "evidence".
>
> Since Joe Pa's gone there's really no way to
> determine if this really happened or not.
>
> Given all that however,
>
> Penn State's football program is a "black eye" on
> America, not just College Football,
>
> and should be shut down completely.
>
> Just like "Domestic violence", violence by the
> Police, violence against Police, et al
>
> this type of sadism and tyranny has no place in
> society.
>
> It's an absolute disgrace that more people in this
> country haven't called for this - America convicts
> itself on this account.
>
> No matter what happens, the "Nittany Lion" will
> always - and I do mean always -
>
> be tarnished beyond repair.

Agree completely. What happened there went beyond criminal negligence, it was institutional complicity.

How do you just sit there and do nothing, if you're JoePa? It's like: are you some kind of psychopath? Do you just not care what happens to your kids?

Sort of beggars belief, how much Penn State let ride. And you wonder WHY. You can understand shoveling stuff under the rug to avoid bad publicity, but wouldn't you at least quietly push Sandusky out the door? Sleezy if typical solution, sure, but Penn State didn't even do that. They just KNOWINGLY let a molester keep on doing it...for decades.

Unreal.

Re: Will Walt denounce Joe Pa with more evidence coming out?

Jul 12, 2016, 5:05 PM

Joe Pa is dead, and Sancrusty will be well used when he leaves prison purple in a slab wagon!!! So stick a fork in all of that sickness bc it's done!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its hard to say its done as Penn St continues to have 100k people

Jul 12, 2016, 5:36 PM

pack "Happy Valley" and cheer on their team.
Seems clear that football at Penn St was too big to fail.. that program should have been shut down.

If you disagree, then remember the details: a Penn St assistant football coach used his position, the Penn St facilities, and Penn St camps along with his charity to systematucally provide a pipeline of poor, diasadvantaged, and otherwise vulnerable children who had no on to speak for them, to rape and molest children for decades. Even if nobody knew, which sounds completely unfeasible, does it matter?

If it were Clemson, I'd be livid for my beloved Tiger program not to be shut down.

Instead, monuments are erected amd football goes on. Its disgusting.

And before anyone try to defend Paterno, ask yourself if you'd be so quick to defend in a parallel situation.. do you not blame the president for the decisions or actions of those beneath him for example?

Its embarrassing, infuriating, and sad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

JoePa didn't want to know, so he ignored it.*****

Jul 12, 2016, 5:24 PM

Penn State should have gotten the death penalty.

Jul 12, 2016, 7:06 PM

10 years minimum, forever wouldn't have been to harsh.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

call an ask him***

Jul 12, 2016, 7:12 PM

Joe Pa was a coward and enabler of child molestation.

Jul 12, 2016, 8:56 PM

Penn State should fully disavow any connection to the man.

Anything less is further cowardice and shameful.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic