Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Memorial Stadium ranked No. 25 in stadium ranking
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Memorial Stadium ranked No. 25 in stadium ranking

Jul 25, 2018, 4:36 PM

https://www.popularmechanics.com/adventure/sports/g22522292/college-football-stadiums-ranked/?utm_campaign=socialflowTWPOP&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social-media&src=socialflowTW

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Memorial Stadium ranked No. 25 in stadium ranking

Jul 25, 2018, 4:52 PM

Been to Neyland and it's a dump. Big, but a dump.

Clemson needs to start spending money on stadium improvements soon. New scoreboard, sound system, bathroom renovations, and entrance ways to upper deck are embarrassing. Old chain link fence at the entrance to your stadium (upper deck entrance) is kind of embarrassing knowing that's where visiting fans enter.

How do you know what the visitor’s entrance looks like?***

Jul 25, 2018, 5:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Looks like he went to watch his chickens get beat up in Knoxville too***

Jul 26, 2018, 8:56 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2018, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Memorial Stadium ranked No. 25 in stadium ranking ]

LOL you don't worry about what we spend our money on, just know it's working!

What???

Jul 25, 2018, 5:39 PM

I doubt Tim Newcombe (author) has been to all 25 stadiums on the list ....

FSU #2?!

Jul 25, 2018, 5:43 PM

This ranking is stupid and illogical. It doesn't really deserve attention, comment, or rebuttal.

Nearly everyone who reads Tigernet has been to Williams Brice Stadium in Columbia and to Death Valley. Any ranking that puts Williams Brice ahead of Death Valley is obviously and patently absurd. I am sure that 98% of us can agree on that. So the ranking is crazy.

Canvas Stadium? Really? Are you kidding me?

I travel a lot and I like visiting Power 5 schools and their football stadiums. I've been to many of the listed stadiums for games. I've seen even more of them when they were empty in the off season. I tend to like most of them. I know that every stadium has loyal fans who love their team and the place their team plays. There is no point it identifying the flaws or problems many of them have.

Death Valley is a great venue for college football. I've never been in a stadium I liked better. I'm pretty sure I've never seen one that looked better on TV for a night game.

Nuff said.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2018, 6:47 PM

Well they certainly didn’t take environment into account. Memorial would be in top 5, not 25.

Jul 25, 2018, 7:11 PM

While I know these things are subjective, that's the lowest ranking of Death Valley I have seen anywhere. And if you are going to rank Williams-Brice ahead of Clemson's Death Valley, you have destroyed your credibility before you even get started.

Coot stadium better,yeah right. Guess they never had the ice

Jul 25, 2018, 7:29 PM

Stupid

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The coveted & highly anticipated "Popular Mechanics" rating?

Jul 25, 2018, 8:03 PM

Seriously?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2018, 8:31 PM

Terrible list. I've been to quite a few stadiums and Death Valley is the best of course...especially when it comes to crowd noise. Kyle Field and Bryant Denny are the most beautiful. Tiger Stadium in LSU was a dump before the upgrades but it gets insanely loud. Jordan Hare is meh, very nice grass and they do get pretty loud.

Jul 25, 2018, 9:54 PM

fake news here......nothing to read about........Go Tigers!!!!!!

Jul 26, 2018, 12:11 AM

...okay, let's ask Brent Musberger what he thinks about Death Valley and "the Greatest 25 seconds in College Football"!!! Oh, and we rank second only to Washington for the highest decibel rating of fans "cheering" in all of American stadiums, college, or otherwise? (By about a half-a-decibel, and they have a roof over their upper decks... hmmm.)

I'm holding back my TD on this article.

Jul 26, 2018, 7:23 AM

I appreciate that the writer accurately noted that Death Valley is in Clemson and did not call LSU's Stadium death valley. It was the article's only redeeming characteristic.

However, saying Death Valley is the #25 most popular made it clear the writer spend his time hovering over a keyboard instead of attending football games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2018, 8:03 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jul 26, 2018, 8:52 AM

Like several previous posts, I wonder how many of the stadiums the writer actually visited? His article lacks virtually nothing related to the myriad of traditions related to most of the venues. Williams-Brice has no history compared to the other ones.

Based off my research, looks legit

Jul 26, 2018, 9:08 AM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jul 26, 2018, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Memorial Stadium ranked No. 25 in stadium ranking ]

This writer lacks virtually “anything” on ..,,

Jul 26, 2018, 9:15 AM

Yeah that list was total BS........

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic