Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I haven't walked a mile in his shoes and I've
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

I haven't walked a mile in his shoes and I've

Jun 16, 2018, 3:45 PM

seen the bottle, syringes, pills, powder and weed ruin too many good men to know for some it's a lot harder than just saying "no."
I hope and pray he gets the help he needs asap because not all brains function alike when it comes to addiction.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What did I miss?***

Jun 16, 2018, 4:03 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rumors that Martavis failed another drug test (weed)***

Jun 16, 2018, 4:12 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I haven't walked a mile in his shoes and I've

Jun 16, 2018, 4:12 PM

Who are you talking about?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2018, 4:18 PM

We need to offer up prayers for Martavis and for others dealing with drugs addiction or dependency. People do not always use it to get high. Many use it to mask personal pain in their lives.

It can be a difficult life. I have seen it with a couple of friends of mine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2018, 5:05 PM

Friends of mine sent their 19 year old son to rehab. Got out and wasn’t long before he was taking drugs again. They buried him 2 weeks ago. Accidental OD.

Let’s pray it is still just weed.

Lots of ground between marijuana and shooting up

Jun 16, 2018, 5:24 PM

These 18 year olds today are being fined, hassled, roughed up by police, and arrested for drinking Budweiser. Of course many teens are stupidly raiding parents' medicines cabinets and smoking weed when it's easier to get than a fake ID and a Bud. That's what teens have always done and will always do - they are young, stupid and bullet proof like many of us were in our teens - and they will continue to pursue a buzz, a party and usually the opposite sex. The hypocrisy of our elected officials, parents and law enforcement who must enforce the asinine drinking age of 21 for beer is palpable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lots of ground between marijuana and shooting up

Jun 16, 2018, 5:36 PM

Sounds like someone wants to start kids drinking earlier in order to get them a buzz sooner.Sounds kinda dumb to me.

Jun 16, 2018, 5:51 PM

I could be mistaken but imo soc is saying it’d be better to let a teanager have a beer instead of getting into something even worse. Makes sense if that’s where he’s coming from.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2018, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Lots of ground between marijuana and shooting up ]

So now it’s the police fault. Good grief

Jun 16, 2018, 5:41 PM

Yes, please offer up prayers to MB. I from first hand living in it and living through it. I strongly believe it’s genetic. It’s tough, really tough. Don’t know his personal life or anything but I for one pray hard for him. People wonder in bewilderment how someone that seemingly has it all can continue making mistakes. It’s just that tough... the toughest thing you’ll ever beat. I’ll attest to that.

But I do want to tell anyone out there that reads this, you can overcome it. It’s the hardest thing you’ll ever do but the most satisfaction you’ll ever feel when you’ve overcome it. My Dad didn’t but I beat it and you can too. There’s tons of treatment and people that will help, myself included. Tmail me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2018, 5:43 PM

Should be potd!

It couldn't happen to me.

Jun 16, 2018, 8:00 PM

That's usually the center of the issue with drugs and booze problems. It stems from one of the forbidden spiritual issues which besets man, the 'pride of life.' FYI the other two are lust of the flesh and lust of the eyes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It couldn't happen to me.

Jun 16, 2018, 9:17 PM

Yes. First John 2:16. However with addicts and the religion I have always been taught is that it’s lust of the flesh. But you’re correct in saying awe a little bit won’t hurt, won’t happen to me...

It can happen to anyone but one things for sure recovery needs to happen with a believer in a higher power God and whatever that means to the individual.

Jun 16, 2018, 8:19 PM

lol, marijuana is less addictive than coffee and is far less harmful to brain function than alcohol.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

weed is typically not addictive so I'm not sure what to make of this.

Jun 16, 2018, 8:27 PM

But it is very clear he has a serious problem with it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: weed is typically not addictive so I'm not sure what to make of this.

Jun 17, 2018, 9:11 AM

his problem is upstairs, not addiction.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2018, 8:56 PM [ in reply to Re: I haven't walked a mile in his shoes and I've ]

I would agree it’s less harmful than alcohol but it can still be a disease and an addiction. Anything that harms your body is wrong. Addiction is a serious problem and i can’t believe you’d try to make a joke out of it. That’s the point the op was making.

I suppose you’re the that td the original poaster. Ghee whiz bo there’s some things you should take seriously.

weed doesn't enhance his game.is not additive & shouldn't

Jun 17, 2018, 9:00 AM

be included in the test as it is legal in some states.By the way I don't use it

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic