Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just want some respect around these parts.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 3,572

Just want some respect around these parts.

Aug 21, 2018, 10:12 AM

For one, I don’t think I’ve ever done anything on here that makes me a coot.

Sure I’ve said a few negative things (but true) things about Clemson athletics. I think it started during baseball season.

I just want what’s best for our Athletic program.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with pointing out things we can work on athletically that make us better, if calling me a coot cause of that makes you feel better, than I guess I’ll have to live with that.

I really like this board and expressing my opinion. I think if everyone was the same then it wouldn’t be any fun. I guess I’m just blunt when it comes to my opinion and not everyone agrees. I would like to hope that I could gain some respect throughout the season on here, as the season progresses.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em coot

Aug 21, 2018, 10:15 AM

Quick somebody throw some feed on the ground. Maybe he’ll leave us alone.***

Aug 21, 2018, 3:11 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what does tnet have to do with this?

Aug 21, 2018, 10:16 AM

"I don’t think there’s anything wrong with pointing out things we can work on athletically that make us better"

call the AD with your iptay number

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Listen here coot...

Aug 21, 2018, 10:19 AM

ReggaeMan says he's blunt..***

Aug 21, 2018, 10:20 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Re: ReggaeMan says he's blunt..***

Aug 21, 2018, 10:46 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ReggaeMan says he's blunt..***

Aug 21, 2018, 3:25 PM [ in reply to ReggaeMan says he's blunt..*** ]

Re: Just want some respect around these parts.

Aug 21, 2018, 10:30 AM

No offense, but you are probably caring too much about how some anonymous people on this board react to your opinions. Happens all the time in forums like this. Really not that important.

Aug 21, 2018, 10:31 AM

If you have to ask for respect, you’ll never get it

Aug 21, 2018, 10:33 AM

I wouldn’t put too much stock into being called a coot on here, I’ve seen someone says something negative And they are called a coot many of times. I have like 1000 points and a 98% pulse but that 2% that gave me a thumbs down most were because I was very critical on Cole 3 and out Stoutd haha. I wish this wasn’t the case but unfortunately it is bc As a huuuuuge clemson fan that bleeds orange and purple it is a huge spit in the face to be called a coot. I do wish they would do a little research or interact with the person and see how they respond b4 they call you a coot, like I said as a huge clemson fan being called a coot is about as disrespectful as it gets haha. But lookin you have like a 54% pulse rate so you must be saying more than just a few negative stuff towards clemson athletics to have almost half the people that rate you give you a thumbs down.

im.sure cole 3 n out stoudt

Aug 21, 2018, 10:45 AM

would like some respect also..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: im.sure cole 3 n out stoudt

Aug 21, 2018, 11:51 AM

That Ian true and I was critical of him but gave him respect after that beat down Clemson put on OU. He was very good in that game and played a hell of a game for his final one of his career. You got to give the man that. Guess I’ll just call you by your name and not 3 and out stoudt. Go Tigers!!

Re: im.sure cole 3 n out stoudt

Aug 21, 2018, 12:18 PM

Cole was a victim of the Chad's pounding a round peg in a square hole. Do not get me wrong, Chad did a lot for Clemson football but he seemed to never make in game adjustments for how the other team was defending the offense nor for what players were actually in the game. Cole did great against OU because the game plan was altered to play to his actual abilities and he had a QB coach for once, something the Chad did himself. Just my humble opinion.

You get all the respect a Coot deserves from me***

Aug 21, 2018, 10:36 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water the Point Tree

Aug 21, 2018, 10:37 AM

Aug 21, 2018, 10:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2018, 11:43 AM

Considering this is seemingly the golden age of Clemson, I can't blame anyone for calling negative nancies coots. If your pulse is that low and you ARE an actual tiger fan, something is wrong in your delivery or conclusions. Maybe be grateful for what Dabo has done, and go from there.

Aug 21, 2018, 11:46 AM

Ok, from here on out, not anymore more negativity. We have a lot to be thankful for. Golden Age like you say, just want what’s best for Clemson. Just my dang negativity can get in the way sometimes !!!

How old are you?***

Aug 21, 2018, 12:03 PM

Re: You have only yourself to blame for that.....

Aug 21, 2018, 12:00 PM

perception is reality.

HTH

Screw Calford.

Aug 21, 2018, 12:13 PM

If you must WHINE for respect then it will always elude you.Respect is earned, not something one should expect out of the blue, just a hint. If you really feel that what you posted is true,correect and factual then why are you concerned with what others think? Me, I could care not a wit what others think if I feel I have researched, used facts or deductive reasoning to form a thought.My best guess is that you are either insecure about your opinions, your facts do not add up or as others say a COOT.

Re: caring about your pulse? Or respect?

Aug 21, 2018, 12:53 PM

You have more points than i do, so maybe my 'advice' won't be that helpful. But...here goes anyway, because that's the purpose of this board:

If you are always logging in by phone, you cannot track your pulse, only that it rises slowly but can drop precipitously after you say something negative. Or you badmouth Dabo. Or you question Kelly. Even using logic. Even ending your post with the obligatory 'go Tigers' or 'whatever Dabo decides is fine with me.'

However, if you use the Full website, you can actually tell who is giving you the TU or TD. (I think it's called a hotspot, if you hover your cursor over the Thumbs, it tells you who responded each way.) Not that you should call out your critics--"hey, come into the forum with me, I'm gonna demand some respect from you!"--but so you can know who it is that thinks opposite of you.

In future, if you care enough about your pulse, don't let them bait you by saying typically middle school things like "You're not a Clemson fan if you disagree with my next statement." If you respond, expect your pulse to drop.

By the same token, make sure you are giving TUs yourself. And personally, i don't hesitate to TD someone who is being an orange-colored ###. Especially if they have attained 100% pulse while doing it, they need to be reminded that being an ### Is Not the Standard.

Bottom line: i care more about WHO agrees/disagrees with me more than how many. Certain posters have my--ahem--respect more than others. But not the ones who asked for it, demanded it or told me i was a poor Clemson fan if i didn't give it freely.

Hope this helps.

Respect is automatic when you meet someone if you behave.

Aug 21, 2018, 1:06 PM

Regaining respect is near to impossible. There's always a question of a man's character after he loses respect. Respect is a precious commodity, not something to gamble with or allow emotions to injure or destroy. No man can take another's respect, therefor, no man or men can give it back.

What was the topic of this thread again?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Respect is for wussies.

Aug 21, 2018, 1:08 PM

I'm aiming for 24/7/365, unbridled FEAR.

GET SOME

THAT'S WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT, BOY!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

R E S P I C T - find out what it means to him and A.S.***

Aug 21, 2018, 1:12 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water the Point Tree

Get up Stand up

Aug 21, 2018, 1:27 PM

Stand up for your rights Reggae Man ... you can fool some people some time but you can’t fool all the people all the time ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Get up Stand up

Aug 21, 2018, 3:27 PM

No woman no cry!

Aug 21, 2018, 3:29 PM

In this bright future, we can't forget your past....in this case, your terrible post history

I got just what you need!

Aug 21, 2018, 3:35 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FOUqQt3Kg0

Replies: 29
| visibility 3,572
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic