Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's Inauguration Day...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 278

It's Inauguration Day...

Jan 20, 2017, 7:10 AM

Most of my friends are in a very patriotic and festive mood, and I'm glad they are. I would describe my mood as mournful.

I said immediately after the election that Mr. Trump's slate was clean with me, and I would support him going forward. I still feel that way, though the slate continues to get messy seemingly every day since. Today, he again has a clean slate. I'll be honest and say, because of what has transpired since November, I am not as hopeful as I was following the election. I pray that God will change Mr. Trump's heart, and use him to bring Americans together for the common good. I also pray that he will change my heart, and use me for good. I need it just as much as he does.

Going forward, I promise that, though I may criticize at times things the President says and does, I will not say personally negative things about my President, just as I have tried not to do with President Obama. I will not use pejorative or disrespectful nicknames. Call me out on it if I am not abiding by that policy. The Bible gives me two main commands when it comes to my government leaders: pray for them, and obey them. That's what I am going to try to do.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sorry your girl lost

Jan 20, 2017, 8:13 AM

But that's life.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can say with a pretty high degree of certainty that

Jan 20, 2017, 8:55 AM

Hillary was NOT Prodigal's candidate. Nor was she mine. But nobody expects partisan hacks who view politics as a black-and-white team sport to understand this concept.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the question is, would he be in mouring today if

Jan 20, 2017, 9:00 AM

Hillary was going in today?

So basically he's just in mourning regardless?

Pawsnation said it best, he's had this whole passive aggressive thingy going on with trump which is annoying. I never saw it with Hillary at all.

Thats fine and all but give up the whole I'm saddened for all misguided friends schtick.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You don't like Trump, therefore you must like Hillary

Jan 20, 2017, 9:00 AM [ in reply to I'm sorry your girl lost ]

and/or be a liberal"

If that's not the most simple-minded train of thought I've ever seen, I don't really know what is.

It's almost like those who said that if you don't agree with

Jan 20, 2017, 9:18 AM

Obama, you're a racist.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some of them are still saying it***

Jan 20, 2017, 9:24 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not disagreeing with you

Jan 20, 2017, 10:18 AM [ in reply to It's almost like those who said that if you don't agree with ]

Plenty of dumbarse to go around both sides.

I have an update to this post.

Jan 20, 2017, 8:43 AM

I was outside a few minutes ago, and watched as the sun came up above the clouds. I said to myself, "Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day." Then it seemed like God told me "That's not what you were saying earlier." Ouch. I had ask God to forgive me for forgetting that He was the one that brought that sun up, and caused it to be a beautiful day. And because of Him, every day is wonderful, even if the sun isn't up. No person has the power to change the fact that He's still in charge.

This is going to be a great day. Thank you, Lord, for already answering my prayer to change my heart. Tomorrow, I'll probably need it again.

Let's all hope that tomorrow

Jan 20, 2017, 9:15 AM

that bright light is not under a mushroom cloud.

It'll only hurt for a little while***

Jan 20, 2017, 9:19 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On inaugartion day for Obama I was all good

Jan 20, 2017, 9:21 AM

i was all good with him til barrycare, we'll find out whats in it when we pass bs.

Look, it doesn't matter what Trump does, the Dems and the

Jan 20, 2017, 10:48 AM

media will #### him to he'll. If he walked on water, they would criticize him for having wet feet. The lesson here is to tune out the noise. Look at what he does, and more importantly, the results of his polices. He has said he is going to do some things that most Americans want done - get control of our border, make policies for our own citizens first, create an economic environment to grow businesses and jobs... all of those things that benefit all Americans, not just some Americans. We'll just have to wait and see.

Re: It's Inauguration Day...

Jan 20, 2017, 11:30 AM

Cheer up Prod. America definetly made a better choice than your team did selecting its next leader. ;)

I'm cheered!

Jan 20, 2017, 11:36 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=20924822

Replies: 14
| visibility 278
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic