Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It may hurt a bit......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

It may hurt a bit......

May 17, 2018, 7:43 AM

There seems to be a lot of over the top feelings on the Belk decommitment. Do I wish he would have stayed, you bet as he has a man among boys look on the field. Do I wish him ill will , not a bit. Sometimes situations change, nothing one could foresee, and then you gotta make new decisions. It is called life folks and this will not be the 1st or last time in his life this will come up. Heck, Head Coach can up and leave, same with any coach and in truth the rapport with a coach may be why some kids choose a University. Seems that if a coach can up and leave then in truth so should the atheletes be allowed with no penalty. Jimbo does not have to sit out a year or go the the FCS for a year now does he? In final whatever the reason for Belk leaving I will wish him the best in his family situation and his life on the field, wherever he ends up. Bashing him sure does not look good to propective recruits either folks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It may hurt a bit......

May 17, 2018, 7:51 AM

The way CU and Dabo handled this situation is what separates us from other schools. Of course in the SEC, this would not have been an issue because they over-recruit their numbers so much the need to jettison a few anyway.Back to my point, high-school coaches and parents everywhere will read this and this will lead to more recruits in the future. Good luck, young man.

This isn’t a decommitment.***

May 17, 2018, 7:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This isn’t a decommitment.***

May 17, 2018, 8:12 AM

a : an agreement or pledge to do something in the future a commitment to improve conditions at the prison; especially : an engagement to assume a financial obligation at a future date
b : something pledged the commitment of troops to the war
c : the state or an instance of being obligated or emotionally impelled a commitment to a cause

I guess it depends upon how one views it. He is no longer commited, that being emotionally, financially, or in any way vested in being a member of CU football.

Re: This isn’t a decommitment.***

May 17, 2018, 11:48 AM

trans·fer
verb
trans?f?r,?transf?r/Submit
move from one place to another.
"he would have to transfer money to his own account"
synonyms: move, convey, take, bring, shift, remove, carry, transport; More
change to another place, route, or means of transportation during a journey.
"John advised him to transfer from Rome airport to the railroad station"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What’s done is done.

May 17, 2018, 8:19 AM

People are going ape chit over this. Yes I would like to keep him but the man has his own priorities. If he goes to USuK then so be it. I’m all for a guy getting his education no matter where he goes. The defensive line may have some growing pains next year, so what?!?!?? There’s 120 plus schools that would love to have that problem with the talent we have in other spots. Next man up baby!!!! Time to recruit harder!

Message was edited by: CRAWDAD®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic