Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It is as simple as this... there are SOME schools....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1,038

It is as simple as this... there are SOME schools....

Dec 15, 2013, 1:24 PM

and I mean a select few, that, if they offer you a job....you take it. PERIOD. We can pontificate on whether they would want Dabo or whether he would do well there or not, BUT, if they say, "it's yours if you want it".... YOU GO!

The risk/reward principle is in full play here. I admire Dabo and respect where he has brought this program. The ONLY real gripe I have is our current losing streak vs the chickens, but, if he were to get the offer.. I would think less of him if he turned it down. This guy was selling real estate not too long ago.... to be offered the HC job at a school like Texas would a HUGE shot of confidence to anyone and would likely be extremely difficult to turn down.

Either way..... we will be fine.

GO TIGERS

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It is as simple as this... there are SOME schools....

Dec 15, 2013, 2:47 PM

I believe we would be fine with a really good well known coach to be hired an in place before signing day. But if we don't have one before signing day, it would be a disaster. We would MORE than likely lose the top guys we have committed. We could end up watching the coots pass our 7 straight in a row. But I really believe that Dabo and his family will be at Clemson as long as the Admin lets Dabo stay. It's not all about the money with Dabo. If it was, his assistance wouldn't be getting most of his bonuses to keep them happy. Dabo truly believes that his hard work at Clemson will eventually get him recognized as a top 5/10 HC in the country. And he and his wife can raise their kids in one of the best college towns in the country. Clemson is an awesome place to raise a family. And to Dabo, thats worth more than the money he don't get at Clemson, or the money he could get some place else....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1,038
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic