Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In Summation:The Dump...and The Pump
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,861

In Summation:The Dump...and The Pump

Sep 21, 2014, 11:57 PM

The Dump:
Cole misses the wide open throw in the end zone..an earlier poster inferred that he was evading contact instead of stepping into the throw and taking the hit like a man and referred to him as a tw#t..I wouldnt go so far as to say that..his hair is luxurious though.
Kicker misses the field goal....new kicker choking on the big stage again.
We score a touchdown..the ref says we didnt...no challenge no review..refs got thier ron cherry on and Dabo just bends over and takes it.Norton .....no excuse
kicker misses ANOTHER FIELD GOAL
havnt heard anyone mention this....2nd and 24...we press Greene..no safeties back...I know Alexander fell down..but no way we should have been in press coverage right there..gift wrapped the six to their best wide out
The fumble...Davidson should know the gravity of the situation..ball
security is priority one in that situation

overtime:C.M. should have called that nifty screen on first down..a little nit picky I know...but this is the dump.
4th and and inch...you know who down the road was in the same situation a week ago with the game on the line..and he trust his qb to get it..sometimes coaching "genius" is just a whole lot of common sense.
Summation..poor execution in the red zone and the kicking game will cost you on the road against a quality opponent...Play calling on offense was too conservative given the quality of opponent and too cute..or scared at crucial moments..the 3rd down screen to J.J. was a cute idea and would have worked if Battle doesn't whiff....ON A D.B.
how about we just drop back and find a tight end over the middle or a back out of the back field. .like say.....an Alabama with their 3 star qb has been dojng all season...once again...common sense.
The Pump:
defense played as well as anyone could ask.effort and intensity were there big time...they came to play and they brought a nasty attitude with them..good to Beasley look like an all american at times..considering their left tackle really got the best of him last year.
secondary is MUCH improved...so far..everyone looked sound overall and Alexander looked like a five star recruit..except for the slip..but you'll have that on the big job.Stephanie Anthony though was the defensive M.V.P. in my opinion..what with the qb pressures, sacks and deflection leading to the pick.
o line protected very well all night up til the sack in o.t.
backs did a good job of slipping, squirming and sliding for extra yards in MINIMAL space
I dont recall seeing any receivers drop any passes..and the catches by Peake and Williams were N.F.L caliber
Humphries didnt fumble any punt returns
And D Dub played as well as freshman qb could on the road against a number one team with a very stout defense
Summation:Offense played well enough to have put at least 31 on the board and we should have won the game...but...we move foreward.
I think its more important that the coaching staff finds a way to put this game in the rear view mirror and build foreward with D Dub and the young players on offense and the defense keeps that nasty edge to them.This team can win out if a positive attitude is applied and the coaches properly assess thier mistakes and learn from them..and it starts with the next practice and the next game..I hope this team comes out madder than a "skin head watching the Jeffersons" to quote Larry the cable guy...and take it out on the tar holes next saturday night...and the regular season ends with us making the coots forget all about the whooping that A&M put on them...That is All.....GO TIGERS

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In summation: get to the point

Sep 22, 2014, 12:00 AM

Brevity could be your friend.

Re: In summation: get to the point

Sep 22, 2014, 12:16 AM

I dont really post a lot. So when I do I tend to go long..it is one of my weaknesses..thank you for the enlightenment.You have a blessed evenin now..:)

Good post

Sep 22, 2014, 12:25 AM

Don't worry about the haters. Tweets on Twitter are probably the longest thing some of these folks attention spans will allow them to read.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In Summation:The Dump...and The Pump

Sep 22, 2014, 12:39 AM

Great post. You obviously know a lot of football from a technical standpoint. 5 or 6 plays in a game like Saturday are game changers. The most glaring thing is the QB not being under center with 4th and a foot.

Anyway, learn and grow. Go Tigers.

Sep 22, 2014, 12:49 AM

Very limited from a technical standpoint. I just watch a ton of espn u..and am a masterful video game national champion ..:)..I'm as emotionally spent as any die hard..this one hurt.....bad...sometimes I need a little t net therapy....GO TIGERS

Any play close to questionable for the benefit of FSU was instantly reviewed by

Sep 22, 2014, 12:46 AM

the officials.

However, our TD was not.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't blame it on that***

Sep 22, 2014, 1:17 AM

I agree with you on almost everything....except

Sep 22, 2014, 1:17 AM

the idea that the coaching staff needs to "put it in the rearview". The coaching staff are adults and they completely blew the game. They should excuse the players from film study (especially that Defense) and study themselves. They have to hold themselves accountable for lots of things.

Venebles did a marvelous job, but isn't exempt either. Great comment about that 2nd down play. Why in the world would you go 1 on 1 with Greene and bring a weak delayed blitz in that down/distance situation?

Re: I agree with you on almost everything....except

Sep 22, 2014, 1:46 AM

Oh I share your sentiment on the coaches.I was referring to the staff to get the players over this..as Dabo has said before about not letting one loss beat you twice..I firmly agree the coaches need to take a long look in the mirror..and hold themselves as accountable as they would players...Winston or no winston in that game...f.su. does not have the same chemistry as last year..we should have ran them out of the stadium...the opportunities were there over the course of the game to sway momentum past the point of no return..I dont know how many times morris chose to run on first down for little or no gain to set up second and long..seems as if the game plan was set up to play it close to the best and hang around rather than go for the jugular..which is what should have been done......in my opinion of course...no disrespect to coaches players water boys etc

I seldom have open criticism for a player.

Sep 22, 2014, 5:06 AM

Cole's mind is just as fast as was Tajh's and he knew that was a six point throw. I can't say why he changed all of a sudden. Maybe because he, as many of us, expected this to be his last start. Perhaps, as did I, he believed a close game would result in that particular third series being his last.

I sounded angry and I was, when I made that '####,' statement. That was too cruel and to my rememberences the first time he blatatly bailed on a play, though at times I felt he could have squeezed a few more yards on his slide. Because of my emotional state I failed to examine his overall performance, now that's all trivial. Never-the less, I apologize for the ugly way I attacked him.

I'm sorry the only thing you remembered about my post was the ugly part.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I seldom have open criticism for a player.

Sep 22, 2014, 12:28 PM

I wasnt trying to call you out 88.I understand that emotion all too well....you should hear the obscenities I scream at the t.v. (different deal than at the game because it is supposed to be a family environment)..I was just trying to inject a little levity..but..you actually pointed that out...I didnt notice Cole doing that because I was so wrapped up in the moment..big ups for manning up and apologising (which I feel you didnt need to do) I would hope that folks on the board understand the difference between sports anger and real life vitriol. .hey bo....we ALL LOVE OUR TIGERS..God Bless and keep on truckin GO TIGERS

Sep 22, 2014, 5:57 AM

You sound like an adult.... Which is rare on this board after a loss. Great post!

Go Tigers!!

Sep 22, 2014, 12:35 PM

great post and non the money IMO

SHORTER SUMMARY:

Sep 22, 2014, 1:28 PM

We shot ourselves in the foot many times over. FSU is lucky to get that one and even Mark May said FSU has used up their 9 lives.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,861
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic