Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I realize that football is an aggressive game and emotion is part of it
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 125
| visibility 51

I realize that football is an aggressive game and emotion is part of it

Dec 20, 2020, 1:59 PM

but I’m tired of seeing Skalski act like a total d-bag.

Don’t get me wrong, I love his emotion, and he plays his tail off, so he does a lot of good. But watching him after plays is a combination of the worst of Ben Boulware and Christian Wilkins.

He needs to represent our fine university and football program better. I’m hoping the coaches reign him in before the playoffs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

Re: I realize that football is an aggressive game and emotion is part of it

Dec 20, 2020, 2:04 PM

Wow, maybe you should stick to basketball.

Going after 3 all-time favorite Clemson players in one post.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please reread.

Dec 20, 2020, 2:08 PM

I’m not going after three Clemson players, just one.

Wilkins and Boulware are both known for their emotion, which was generally a positive. But I think we can all agree that both did a few things that we aren’t proud of (Wilkins grabbing a guy’s balls, Boulware taking a couple of cheap shots, etc.).

If you are fine with all of that, including Skalski’s behavior, then you aren’t who I’m speaking to in my post because we have very different expectations for how Clemson players should conduct themselves.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Please reread.

Dec 20, 2020, 2:09 PM

Checking oil is not ball grabbing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Please reread.

Dec 20, 2020, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Please reread. ]

I think you are the one that needs to re-read what you wrote. I read it several times thinking surely this is in jest and the batteries on my meter need replaced.

You said Skalski acts like a d-bag and compared him to Wilkins and Boulware. To me that disparages all 3 guys. I love all of those players. Were they perfect? No, but no one is. I would never use the term d-bag to describe any of them. I saw Sklalski hugging Irish players after the game. I don't know exactly what happened but the Irish didn't seem to be upset about it.

I have plenty high expectations for our players and how they represent my alma mater. I trust Coach Swinney and Venables, so as long as they are okay with things, I am too.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

So you’re okay with Skalski acting like he did last night?

Dec 20, 2020, 2:36 PM

You’re okay when Wilkins grabs a guy’s balls in a pileup?

You’re okay with Boulware taking a cheap shot?

I said that Skalski’s actions last night were the WORST combo of Wilkins and Boulware.

You’re right, those guys aren’t perfect. No one is. Thus, I’m allowed to point out times when players fall short of the (high) expectations we should have for them as Clemson student-athletes who represent our school and program on a national stage.

Please don’t mistake appropriate criticism of specific actions with a dislike of them overall. I think Wilkins and Boulware are both fine young men who were also outstanding players. I’m sure Skalski is too. But that doesn’t make them immune to criticism.

Re: So you’re okay with Skalski acting like he did last night?

Dec 20, 2020, 3:21 PM

No I am not okay with Wilkins grab. But I also would not pick out one incident out of all the amazing things in Wilkins time at Clemson and disparage him.

I don't even know what cheap shots you are referring to that Boulware is supposedly guilty of.

I also would not use the term d-bag in reference to any of the players you called out, especially in a public post talking about how someone should carry themselves.

Again, I said he is the WORST of those players.

Dec 20, 2020, 3:35 PM

I don’t understand why you seem to equate that to me saying that those players are bad people. My opinion of both Boulware and Wilkins is very high.

Someone can act like a d-bag in some instances without being a d-bag. Again, Skalski is probably a fine human being but there are instances where I wish he would act better. You’re welcome to disagree.

Re: Again, I said he is the WORST of those players.

Dec 20, 2020, 4:01 PM

Ironic. "Someone can act like a d-bag in some instances without being a d-bag." That we can agree on.

Re: Again, I said he is the WORST of those players.

Dec 20, 2020, 5:05 PM [ in reply to Again, I said he is the WORST of those players. ]

Judge,

I think you are acting like a ######### now ! And defending yourself repeatedly for it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your hero worship is keeping you from being objective.

Dec 20, 2020, 9:09 PM

How old are you, 11?

You obviously never played football. Shoot, I played

Dec 21, 2020, 8:54 AM

4A high school football in S.C. decades ago. Pay attention to high school, college, and pro defensive players during a game. Every DB after a pass deflected, every sack of the QB by a DL or LB has players showboating. Compared to most schools, Clemson does very little of that.

Skalski missed several games with injury, including the first ND game. There was a lot of trash talking by ND in the first game. If I were you, I would give Skalski a break.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Your hero worship is keeping you from being objective.

Dec 21, 2020, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Your hero worship is keeping you from being objective. ]

This has to be the MOST ironic and best example of zero self awareness I have ever witnessed in a post.

rhymes with : glad frownell

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Hard to imagine the irony of the OP being topped...

Dec 21, 2020, 10:15 AM

but he did it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Don't change the channel,

Dec 21, 2020, 10:20 AM

she might do it again.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Has she done it again yet ??? (And this idiotic thread got

Dec 23, 2020, 8:15 AM

too far down the page) . . . .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

haha, I see what you did there.

Dec 23, 2020, 4:16 PM

Re: So you’re okay with Skalski acting like he did last night?

Jan 17, 2021, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Re: So you’re okay with Skalski acting like he did last night? ]

I agree with TigerBand#1 and will add that calling Skalski a "Total" d-bag equates to JK's opinion of the totality of his(Skalski's) character.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who are you to Judge... lol

Dec 20, 2020, 3:37 PM [ in reply to So you’re okay with Skalski acting like he did last night? ]

See what I did there, Judge? Lol

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who are you to Judge... lol

Dec 20, 2020, 3:50 PM

Re: Who are you to Judge... lol

Dec 20, 2020, 5:06 PM

######

Need more like him****

Dec 21, 2020, 8:11 AM [ in reply to Please reread. ]

honestly... CW42 without that swagger is not as effective

Dec 21, 2020, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Please reread. ]

dude got into people's heads.

Dec 20, 2020, 2:04 PM

Whut? Football Players are animals....and the one with the loudest roar usually wins!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Nothing wrong with being animal with a loud roar.

Dec 20, 2020, 2:09 PM

Just balance that out with composure and maturity.

The successful animals know how to do that.

Re: Nothing wrong with being animal with a loud roar.

Dec 20, 2020, 5:07 PM

What was it that Skalski did that has you off on this bent ??

Dec 20, 2020, 8:48 PM [ in reply to Nothing wrong with being animal with a loud roar. ]

I think Skalski said after the game that the commentary from Notre Dame players had pushed his buttons. Evidently there was a lot of trash talking going on in the game. In the heat of battle, I might have succumbed myself!

Dec 20, 2020, 8:48 PM [ in reply to Nothing wrong with being animal with a loud roar. ]

I think Skalski said after the game that the commentary from Notre Dame players had pushed his buttons. Evidently there was a lot of trash talking going on in the game. In the heat of battle, I might have succumbed myself!

That certainly explains it some.

Dec 20, 2020, 9:11 PM

Doesn’t excuse it though.

I’m sure our coaches will talk to him.

Dec 20, 2020, 2:11 PM

I didn’t Give you a TD because your allowed to your opinion. He’s a LB Quarterback of the defense that should always being aggressive & you want him to lighten up...lol

Did you see him when the game was over go to all the Notre Dame guys & wish them good luck? That’s called class, during a game of aggression talking gets in the head of the other team, it’s part of his strategy & the players understand it.

It happens In basketball too, just not where we see the emotion as much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

I never said I don’t want him being aggressive.

Dec 20, 2020, 2:31 PM

I said I don’t want him acting like a d-bag in the process.

You do understand the difference between playing hard and playing without composure, don’t you?

Or, just not playing at all.................

Dec 20, 2020, 3:39 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/If-Clemson-football-wants-to-be-a-leader-and-positive-example-right-now-2001572?tstart=0

Re: Or, just not playing at all.................

Dec 20, 2020, 6:55 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah that post didn't age well. yeeshh.

Dec 21, 2020, 12:29 PM [ in reply to Or, just not playing at all................. ]

h

Re: I never said I don’t want him being aggressive.

Dec 21, 2020, 8:24 PM [ in reply to I never said I don’t want him being aggressive. ]

There was a couple plays where he stood over the top after a tackle talking that I dont like but to each his own. Is that what you are talking about?

Maybe, but you'll have to ask Kirk Herbstreit...

Dec 22, 2020, 8:14 AM

The only reason JK brought this up is because he heard a commentator mention it. He's very sensitive to what others think. He decided Skalski was undisciplined based on what a commentator said. He decided overalls were a bad look for Clemson because he heard someone at a party mention it. He's like a vessel at sea with no rudder, easily blown by the slightest of winds.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Oh man! I had almost forgot about that juan....

Dec 22, 2020, 8:46 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Since-we-are-discussing-ridiculous-things-today-1938244?tstart=120

Pretty sure he doesn’t know the definition of alumni either.***

Dec 22, 2020, 9:35 AM

Dec 20, 2020, 2:16 PM

I have never seen him be like he was last night and I think a lot of that had to do with what happened after the game against Notre Dame earlier this season. According to Chris Fowler In an interview with Rich Eisen earlier this week he said a lot of Notre Dame students got in the face of Skalski and Trevor Lawrence after the game. And let’s be honest Notre Dame can play a little dirty at times. Their OL also gets away with holding all the time! Trevor Lawrence played with a lot of emotion last night also. And I think both of them earned that right and Notre Dame was asking for it!

Message was edited by: Lowcntry_Tiger®

Hopefully he won't pull a "Wilkins" while tackling any

Dec 20, 2020, 2:19 PM

buknuts...........

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm thinking you're not really a Football fan at all.

Dec 20, 2020, 2:20 PM

"Hey guys can you play nicer against the opponent who talked #### about you not being in the game when they beat us a few weeks ago? Maybe group hugs after a soft tackle?"~Judge Keller *sipping a frothy caramel, cocoapuff latte with birthday cake sprinkles*

You don’t get it, and it doesn’t seem that I can help you get it.

Dec 20, 2020, 2:39 PM

I am not calling for anyone to play with less effort or aggressiveness. If that’s what you gathered from my post, you’re wrong.

Dec 20, 2020, 2:28 PM

I agree. I want our guys to be intense and show all the emotion that they want. But we don't taunt the other team. We are better than that and it is what separates us from every other program. Dominate and win. Celebrate with your team but don't act like a fool. Go Tigers!

Perhaps Jamie Skalski simply

Dec 20, 2020, 2:31 PM

Had a bad night! "Everyone has a bad night!"

Uh huh.... :)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2020, 2:37 PM

You are being hypocritical. Whenever anyone criticizes one of our basketball players you are quick to slam them for it. Maybe you should listen to your own advice.

Please cite an example over the last few years when a basketball player

Dec 20, 2020, 2:46 PM

on our team acted out of emotion and took a cheap shot or got in someone’s face, to the point that you felt he wasn’t representing Clemson and Clemson basketball well.

***Crickets***

Dec 20, 2020, 9:12 PM

As I thought.

Please cite an example over the last few years when a basketball player

Dec 21, 2020, 8:21 AM [ in reply to Please cite an example over the last few years when a basketball player ]

on our team won a conference and/or national championship.

*** Crickets***

Dec 21, 2020, 8:26 AM

lol

Dec 21, 2020, 6:10 PM

furreal though

What's the record for keeping poast bumped

Dec 21, 2020, 6:13 PM

up on to the first page?

Well, you see, it's complicated. It all depends on exactly

Dec 21, 2020, 6:18 PM

how big of a dewshbaggg the Op in question is.

Do you have the phone number for the Guiness home office? Might need it.

What are you two talking about?***

Dec 21, 2020, 6:52 PM

Possible Safari locales I think.

Dec 21, 2020, 7:14 PM

ROAR!!

Re: What are you two talking about?***

Dec 21, 2020, 8:40 PM [ in reply to What are you two talking about?*** ]

I was talking about roasting chestnuts, you wood not know anything about that wood you?

No...

Dec 21, 2020, 9:32 PM

The last time I was inserted into the wilderness as part of my training, the only available food source was chestnuts. I refused to eat them and lost over 17 lbs, mostly of muscle mass. For about two weeks I was able to wear jeans I hadn’t worn since high school.

Re: No...

Dec 21, 2020, 9:48 PM

I have watched every episode of Survivorman with Les Stroud and consider myself pretty much an expert on wilderness survival. Finding a good protein source when you are alone in the wild can be tough, that is why it is always good to bring a companion on these expeditions.

Don’t remember who

Dec 21, 2020, 9:57 PM [ in reply to Please cite an example over the last few years when a basketball player ]

But someone definitely kicked Renaldo Balkman unprompted one time

Dec 20, 2020, 2:51 PM

Judge you may wanna stick to non contact sports.. I take it you never stepped foot on a football field.

I have no problem with our players being aggressive and playing with emotion.

Dec 20, 2020, 3:40 PM

I am surprised that you feel that gives them license to lose their composure.

Dec 20, 2020, 3:01 PM

?? take bro

Dec 20, 2020, 3:04 PM

And you guys call me a Coot?

Bro, do yourself a favor

Dec 20, 2020, 3:07 PM

And delete this post immediately. This thread will be held against you for the remainder of your time here. Copied and pasted on every single thread.

I would highly suggest removing it. This is bordering on tyranny and possibly even blasphemy.

The dude has had an emotional roller coaster of a year, and was literally trolled by ND fans to his face after losing.

Jamie, if you are reading this, we LOVED your intensity. Here's to hoping you give it to the Bucks even worse

Did you graduate from Clemson?

Dec 20, 2020, 3:51 PM

Yes or no.

It's entirely within the realm of possibility

Dec 20, 2020, 3:55 PM

But I honestly can't remember

Re: Did you graduate from Clemson?

Dec 22, 2020, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Did you graduate from Clemson? ]

I’m currently working on my second degree from Clemson and I approve of Skalski’s behavior the other day. In fact, I hope Skalski stands over Ohio State players as well. I love that kind of intensity and I think our defense feeds off of it

What in the heck does being an alumnus have to do with this?

You don’t have to watch if you think it’s so offensive to our “fine university”. Give me a break.

Message was edited by: E36Tiger®

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bro, do yourself a favor

Dec 20, 2020, 9:24 PM [ in reply to Bro, do yourself a favor ]

Sorry, but are you joking?

Message was edited by: StoobTiger®

Skalski didn't like that punk's cheap shot on Zanders...

Dec 20, 2020, 3:08 PM

That kind of crap gets gets the fire roaring... Payback's a b!tch.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^ this

Dec 20, 2020, 3:29 PM

People who have played understand this

While maybe he should reign it in a little....

Dec 20, 2020, 3:40 PM

Calling him a d-bag is not acceptable. He is the heart of the defense.

He acted like a d-bag at times last night.

Dec 20, 2020, 3:53 PM

I stand by that. My opinion, of course.

I’m sure he’s not generally a d-bag. In fact, I’m sure he’s a really good guy who got caught up in the moment a few times. Which is why I expect more of him.

Re: He acted like a d-bag at times last night.

Dec 20, 2020, 4:21 PM

I stand by that. My opinion, of course.

I’m sure he’s not generally a d-bag. In fact, I’m sure he’s a really good guy who got caught up in the moment a few times. Which is why I expect more of him.

When did he lose his emotion and cost the team?

Did I miss a flag or is this just based on some of the jawing I saw him do last night?

IMO I didn't see anything over the line and not like ND wasn't chirping all week so I imagine there was plenty of back and forth going on.

Maybe I would be more inclined to feel the same if his play was affecting the team in some aspect but I didn't see anything that made me think...Dabo is going to tear him a new one when he gets off the field or back to Clemson

Well, my opinion of you is now in question.

Dec 20, 2020, 6:52 PM [ in reply to He acted like a d-bag at times last night. ]

I have read many of your basketball posts and appreciate you standing with them through all the ups and downs.

But, I thought you were better than name calling players who have put their all into winning.

Just my opinion....

I consider dewsh-bag to be a relatively harmless term these days

Dec 20, 2020, 9:29 PM

for someone who is acting like a jerk in a certain situation. I didn’t mean to offend anyone.

I’m sorry if my post did anything other than state my disagreement with how Skalski gets caught up with emotion sometimes, perhaps to his detriment. That’s not to say that he shouldn’t play with enthusiasm and aggressiveness. After all, it’s football and his position especially requires a lot of fire.

Why I have no problem with how Skalski played

Dec 20, 2020, 3:44 PM

Some of this is due to the elite level we’re playing and to not focus on an opponent but on ourselves, but we’ve had several games this year where the other team seemed super fired up to play the game, and we looked like we were just going through the motions. It was refreshing to see our team a little scrappy and fired up.

Also, we have no idea what those guys were saying on the field. Some of those Notre Dame guys almost assuredly fit the d-bag role you mentioned. Skalski, after sitting out with injuries much of his career and a significant part of this year, was fired up and not going to let these guys run their mouth all game.

It definitely caught me off guard seeing Skalski’s helmet shaking as he was yelling at the domers, but I grew to appreciate it, because I’ve been wanting to see us fired up this season.

Go Tigers!

Some days I think you’re a Clemson fan and others that you’re Manafort***

Dec 20, 2020, 3:50 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, I don’t believe in hero worship like some here.

Dec 20, 2020, 3:58 PM

These guys aren’t perfect just because they have Clemson on their uniform. If some people here can’t ever hear something critical of a Clemson football player without getting offended, I don’t know what to say.

I don’t expect our players to be perfect. I also don’t expect them to be wimps or show no emotion. But I’ve seen a pattern with Skalski and it tends toward him losing control of his emotions at time. Again, just my opinion. And I know I’m not the only one who feels that way.

Judge, you should quit while your a head

Dec 20, 2020, 4:07 PM

D-BAG....is a vehemently extreme characterization to use.

You discredit YOUR DEGREE by not understanding that and capitulating on this matter.

Check yoself, bro.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sorry, I don’t believe in hero worship like some here.

Dec 20, 2020, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Sorry, I don’t believe in hero worship like some here. ]

Again email coach Venables and tell him he needs to reign his middle linebacker in. And please share with us his reply :)

Dec 20, 2020, 4:33 PM [ in reply to Sorry, I don’t believe in hero worship like some here. ]

Again email coach Venables and tell him he needs to reign his middle linebacker in. And please share with us his reply :)

Our coaches certainly don’t need my help.

Dec 20, 2020, 9:16 PM

I trust them to handle what needs to be handled.

Then why are you brining it up?***

Dec 21, 2020, 8:37 AM

True, he did brine it up.

Dec 21, 2020, 11:00 AM

TigerNet posts aren’t intended for our coaches to read and learn from.

Dec 21, 2020, 9:02 PM [ in reply to Then why are you brining it up?*** ]

HTH.

Then why are you bringing it up?***

Dec 21, 2020, 9:14 PM

Dec 20, 2020, 5:15 PM [ in reply to Sorry, I don’t believe in hero worship like some here. ]

I can only imagine your righteous outrage had Skalski been wearing overalls at the time.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s true, orange overalls would’ve pushed me right over the edge.***

Dec 20, 2020, 9:17 PM

Says the dude that gets COMPLETELY wadded up at even the

Dec 22, 2020, 7:31 AM [ in reply to Sorry, I don’t believe in hero worship like some here. ]

SLIGHTEST negative SUGGESTION about Brownell or the basketball team.

You are a world class troll, judge.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

He's not clever enough to be a troll...

Dec 22, 2020, 8:07 AM

trust me.

Dec 20, 2020, 4:02 PM

Coach Venables e mail is listed online. You should email him and tell him he should reign in his middle linebacker.

My comment Judge would be to revisit your qualifiers ...

Dec 20, 2020, 4:21 PM

You state "you realize that football is an aggressive game and emotion is part of it". Then you give every indication you do not.

These opposing O-linemen and RB's are trying to cheap shot and roll up on these D-linemen and Mike's every other play all while talking smack. It's a violent game and channeling that violence and emotion and bringing it is why Clemson curb-stomped the Irish on Saturday. The only other alternative is to be bullied, and Skalski is trying to fire up the younger and softer personnel on this inexperienced Clemson D. If you don't believe that, see game 1.

As for Wilkins, without him, Clemson doesn't win the 2018 championship. Wilkins led the transition from Kelly to Trevor in a way the coaches could not, he brought it on and off the field, and he allowed Trevor to blossom in the shadows of his and the Power Rangers' leadership.

I'm onboard with a large portion of our fan base who loves our Defense, BV, and stars Wilkins, Ferrell, Big Dex, Boulware and now Skalski as much or sometimes even more than our irreplaceable superstars on Offense -- it's the Clemson way to love bad a$$ Defense (rooted in the Ford years), and it still sticks even with all the rule changes which give every advantage to Offenses.

We both agree on most things. Go Tigers!

You have no idea what he was involved in during the game.

Dec 20, 2020, 4:48 PM

Almost never (very few exceptions) - would I call a Clemson student athlete a “dirt bag”.

And certainly never for the jawing I saw going on last night. You don’t know what (if anything) triggered his response. Maybe something happened bad to him at the bottom of the pile on the prior play. Maybe someone grabbed his face mask, spit in his face, called a fellow Tiger a racist word - you simply don’t know - yet you judge.

I don’t agree with your post and comments.

Do I enjoy the jawing, nope. But I do know that Dabo will address it - if it is needed - and that I don’t know what happened and not use this platform to call him a dirtbag. (Nor the other two.)

I am more concerned about the post than what I saw.

JMO anyway.

Dec 20, 2020, 5:02 PM

Judge,

I like that extra bit of attitude. Champions (as you have observed) often have it to carry them that last 1%. If smack talking is the thing getting the better of you, perhaps football is not your sport - checkers perhaps.

Dec 20, 2020, 5:15 PM

Skalski was dragged down by his face mask early in the game. No penalty. ND offensive line was holding ALOT and getting a way with it. Skalski and the D shut them down in spite of all of this. If you have ever played a competitive team sport you can understand his frustration and fire. They earned the right to talk a little. As long as there wasn’t anything vulgar or obscene, which would have drawn a flag I’m sure, then I’m good with his actions.

Dec 20, 2020, 7:04 PM

I watched the whole game, except for bathroom break, and managed to miss this. I did not miss the uncalled face mask on Skalski. Based on years of evidence, Dabo does not ever put up with behavior that reflects poorly on his team or the university, no matter who they are. I’m confident he will address any issues this may have caused, but I will have to say, Skalski has done enough good to be forgiven any verbal transgression the emotions of this game elicited. He was exceptional. We should be grateful to him for what he did. Calling players names doesn’t reflect well on us either.

Dec 20, 2020, 9:11 PM

I think we should stop judging others.

Dec 20, 2020, 9:16 PM

U should probably kill your membership to TNET

Message was edited by: CUatFike00®

Dec 21, 2020, 12:57 AM

This is why we will never do anything in basketball ^^^

Players in Judge’s mind should show no emotion, physicality or a competitive spirit! He also wants to keep coaches around who carry that same mentality!

Dec 21, 2020, 8:19 AM

OP, you post about a Clemson player acting like a d-bag and then asked that he show composure?

I think you should consider showing more composure when posting.

So I can’t disagree with the way a player conducts himself at times.

Dec 21, 2020, 8:59 PM

Got it.

Sure you can...

Dec 21, 2020, 10:05 PM

You just shouldn’t lose your composure and resort to name calling.

Re: So I can’t disagree with the way a player conducts himself at times.

Dec 21, 2020, 10:18 PM [ in reply to So I can’t disagree with the way a player conducts himself at times. ]

just take the stick out and get a new avatar. I am being sincere, a new avatar would do you wonders. I think I speak for a lot of people in that we all want to punch that one in the face. It is nothing personal against you I promise, unless that is actually a picture of you and this just became awkward.

Is this hero worship?

Dec 22, 2020, 7:25 AM

Cause it looks like hero worship.

Re: Is this hero worship?

Dec 22, 2020, 2:10 PM

needs a mustache and a red hat.

sorry, this is the only correct answer...

Dec 22, 2020, 3:06 PM

Re: sorry, this is the only correct answer...

Dec 22, 2020, 4:51 PM

Dang fine Avatar. if JK does not want it I may consider a screen grab.

Go ahead and take it. It's almost Christmas and I am in

Dec 22, 2020, 4:55 PM

quite the giving mood.

YWIA

Re: Go ahead and take it. It's almost Christmas and I am in

Dec 22, 2020, 5:35 PM

Re: Go ahead and take it. It's almost Christmas and I am in

Dec 22, 2020, 5:54 PM

Barber: "So, what do you want today?"

Karen: "I don't know, just make it carefree and accidental."

Barber; "Say no more"

LOL, that dude lost the hair lottery

Dec 23, 2020, 4:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Go ahead and take it. It's almost Christmas and I am in ]

seeing pictures like that make me thankful for my thick locks and steadfast hair line.

Dec 21, 2020, 8:21 AM

Unless I've missed something, Skalski has not done this before. I think we was frustrated from not playing in the first game and all the smack talk we was getting from ND.

TL said the ND fans really got in his face and

Dec 21, 2020, 9:45 AM

Skalski's face after the first game. It was the reaction of a young person enjoying payback. Get off his back or find him and call him a dirt bag to his face.

Do as you say, not as you do?

Dec 21, 2020, 10:03 AM

Way to lead by example.

I realize that football is a game with a winner and loser

Dec 21, 2020, 10:08 AM

but, looking back, Deshaun, Trevor and ETN were d-bags. Not letting anybody else win? I'd hope Dabo let them have it for not giving any other teams a chance. Lil ol' Clemson is inclusive and giving, so hoarding all the wins is not representative of my Clemson.

That stick in your butt in not

Dec 21, 2020, 10:18 AM

getting any smaller.

Says the guy who makes fun of special needs kids.

Dec 21, 2020, 8:44 PM

You should probably tap out for a few days after that post last night.

the only special needs kid I made fun of was Ryan Day.

Dec 21, 2020, 8:53 PM

now you are a big fat liar.

Dec 21, 2020, 10:21 AM

Settle down Francis. It's part of football.

Dec 21, 2020, 8:58 PM

You are wrong, Judge!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2020, 9:01 PM

He does not bother me in the least.

Dec 21, 2020, 9:16 PM

In general, I am not a fan of trash talking. I do however understand it is very common place during a football game, particularly from the defensive side of the ball. I chalk it up as a form of psychological warfare and don’t take it personally, especially if the player backs it up with his play (ie all three tigers you mention). I do take a little more issue with offensive players talking trash, bc it seems unwise to put a bigger target on your back. Im not sure what cheap shots you reference, but I certainly don’t support any dirty play that could result in injury- but don't recall any dirty play by any of these guys.

Dec 21, 2020, 9:38 PM

I'll never understand why people have a problem with a little smack talk. As some said on here, for those that played the game get it, for the most part. I don't mind it at all, as long as its not costing the team (penalties. There is more smack talk than you may realize. like ALL THE TIME

Really c'mon man, in a game where large testosterone filled men smash into each other with great force...risking bodily harm to themselves and others for enjoyment of competition ....and you got an issue to smack talk ...well...ok

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

Notre Dame officials should have been criminally charged...

Dec 21, 2020, 11:18 PM

well, this was the first time i have really seen Skalski act like that, certainly to that extent. It had to pain him to have missed the first game and lose it,and then take all the crap and mouth he had to take with the fans flooding onto the field talking their #### like they did. ND should have been fined for letting their fans run on to the field like that with opposing players still on the field in the COVID times. That could have been disastrous.

Dec 22, 2020, 7:39 AM

Wow! Sorry, but calling a player a d-bag who is on a team you supposedly support is not a good look. You could have made your point in a less offensive manner.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Wow, a hunert and eighteen replies? Judge, I think you done

Dec 22, 2020, 5:49 PM

gone and struck a NERVE!

This thread is still a thing?

Jan 18, 2021, 5:41 PM

interesting

Replies: 125
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic