Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I hope usc hires Elliot.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

I hope usc hires Elliot.

Oct 22, 2015, 1:22 PM

He seems like a real goober. Someone I could enjoy hating.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's a disaster waiting to happen.

Oct 22, 2015, 1:26 PM

Nobody worth a dime will come and coach with that guy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's a disaster waiting to happen.

Oct 23, 2015, 1:06 PM

Great idea....lets start a GOFUNDME to have banners fly over wildly-b saying....."We want Elliott, he's our man!"

Ain't gonna happen***

Oct 22, 2015, 2:26 PM

Well, not with that attitude.

Oct 22, 2015, 2:29 PM

Also, not with getting punched in the face by all put one of their remaining games. Steve's exit was perfectly timed. Vandy being a winnable game then the off week. I think this kept some recruits from jumping ship for the time being and maybe kept the fan base from turning off entirely.

Has Steve waited until this week, Elliot would have just gotten his faced kicked in a few times.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why wood USC have an interest in someone with no ties to

Oct 22, 2015, 2:33 PM

the West coast?

Wood be starting from scratch with recruiting.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: I hope usc hires Elliot.

Oct 22, 2015, 2:53 PM

Don't forget how Dabo turned out for us, and they were wishing the same for Dabo being hire. Let them go out and just pick one, that is usually a fail for them that way. Personally I'm not going to wish anybody in the captain seat for them that maybe will become an Interim HC success like a Dabo Swinney. Those Interim HC-es work their A$SES off when they have a chance at a, on the job interview. With talent level there dropping off the last few year, they will cut him some slack and give him a chance to recruit if hired. He maybe better as a HC than a position coach. Players like Elliot, and I don't want to see another Dabo being born at USUC. Practically everybody laughed at the Dabo hire, even some of our own. I would rather the coot take a chance on the open HC market, than giving Elliot a chance at the job he wants more than any right now, and it's in his home state. It's easier to hire very good position coaches than a proven HC that has been a winner everywhere he's been. And they probably could hire Elliot right now for only $4.99 more than they are paying him now, and that will leave enough money for him to hire a couple of really good coordinators!!! Elliot has coached on both sides of the ball, he's young, and has a chance to be a HC in the making that has a lot to prove. Personally, I would rather they went on a HC search, and if they are a little low on funds, maybe they can't afford a top calebra HC. Per Ray Tanner} While the Gamecocks are growing by leaps and bounds when it comes to revenue, Tanner said the school still ranks somewhere between eighth and 10th in the SEC in revenue. I'm not a finance person by a long shot, but by being between 8th and 10th in the sec. Hiring a TOP HC may put a restraint on their funds by paying a top HC 3-4 Mil... I just hope that Elliot isn't near as smart as Dabo... Dabo's success, kind of makes me skittish of the Interim HC hires as the HC, just saying!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2015, 3:21 PM

That guy doesn't remotely have the charisma that Dabo has. I for one thought Dabo had all the intangibles to be a head coach. With Elliot I just don't see it. Dabo was a great recruiter that brought top talent to Clemson long before he was head coach. On top of that, our WR's were much better coached under Dabo than Stockstill. The offensive line has been a weak link for Scar since he has been coaching. Dabo was catching lightning in a bottle. I hope they hire this guy. They are already in disarray to the degree they were when Holtz was there, this guy will take them back to Sparky Woods. Please hire him

Oct 22, 2015, 4:24 PM

If you read anything of what i wrote as denying any of what you feel about Dabo, I have to say that you misread it all. I do not know Elliot enough to even consider comparing him with Dabo. I said that I hope that he isn't nearly as smart as Dabo. What I am saying is this, all coaches want to someday be a HC. This is Elliot's chance, and I do expect him to throw every scrap of FB knowledge he has into trying to win the job. I'm also saying that I would hate for an Interim HC like Dabo was, grow into a good HC as Dabo has. And that I would hate to have been one that had wished he was hired as the usuc HC. I don't won't anything that I wish for to come back haunting me in my final stages of life. I would rather the coot admin to do that all on their own. Will Elliot ever become as good a HC as Dabo was back then, I doubt it, but there is always that chance, and nobody can accurately make that determination at this point and time. I hope that was clear enough....

Oct 23, 2015, 1:01 PM

ALLORANGE, I certainly wasn't stating that as an attack or derogatory comment towards you. Was just stating what I perceive to be obvious differences in the two. Sorry if you took it wrong. Quozzel that all could be true, I am just going by how their OL has been manhandled the past few seasons by pretty much everyone

Oct 23, 2015, 11:42 PM

That's cool and I'm OK, Gooooo Tigersssss!!!!

Oct 24, 2015, 1:07 AM

Go Tigers ! :)

Dec 22, 2015, 8:18 AM [ in reply to Re: I hope usc hires Elliot. ]

Everything is cool, seriously.

Oct 22, 2015, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Re: I hope usc hires Elliot. ]

Actually they've had a pretty durn good OL, especially considering how modestly talented some of those guys were considered coming out of high school.

I'll give Elliott his props for putting a huge, fairly well-coached OL on the field. He also came from App State with some pretty good running concepts that Spurrier actually implemented; before Elliott arrived they were pretty much draws-and-nothing-but-draws; the evolution of Spurrier's O - and the success it had updating - owed a lot to the run game Elliott brought with him.

Coaches around the area generally respect the guy; he might not be HC material, but he was a good recruiter, a good judge of talent, and a good position coach for the OL. Truthfully if he ever wound up at Clemson as our OL coach after Caldwell moves on or retires at some point I would not be heartbroken; at least as far as the OL goes, the guy knows his craft.

Oct 22, 2015, 3:10 PM

Coots only requirement is new H C must be 65 yrs or older

Wouldn't he have to go at least 4-2 to have a chance of

Oct 22, 2015, 4:37 PM

being hired? Maybe 3-3 if they beat us. Lord, I certainly hope not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2015, 1:02 PM

yessssss

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic