Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have to say this.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 898

I have to say this.

Sep 25, 2019, 12:08 PM

I have a son who did a year for a victimless crime. That happened when he was about 20 yrs old which was approximately 20 years ago. Since he got out he's had a few permanent jobs but none paid well enough to see him prosper in life.

Why P&R? The boy just landed his first well paying job since he worked for me during his teen years. The application asked if he'd committed a felony with stipulations that the government had encouraged hires of felons if they were honest on the applications. This is due to the POTUS reforming justice with Van Jones and a handful of others including the origin which was one of those big butt Jersey girls and Ivanaka Trump. It has helped offenders find jobs on this side of the law. It hit home for me.

You can say what you want about Trump/Russia/Ukraine but I know how he has affected my family and a son I love. You're pissing up a rope to try and separate me from the respect and debt I owe Trump.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have to say this.

Sep 25, 2019, 12:46 PM

So, basically, it doesn't matter what else he does or how much he denigrates the values and mores of the USA, you've made up your mind.

Got it.

Actually that bill - which I did mentally flag, because it was completely un-like anything else Trump had authorized up to that point - was largely authored by Jared Kushner. And Trump doesn't actually like it, and is furious with Kushner over it because he thought he'd get the "felon vote" - is that actually a thing? - and would benefit from it, and he hasn't. From one day ago:
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/24/trump-kushner-criminal-justice-snub-1507285

Kushner's dad was a felon, and his crimes were not exactly "victimless". Actually his dad was basically a con man and cost a lot of people a great deal of money.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2019, 1:18 PM

According to that link, anonymous sources say Trump wasn’t happy with the reforms while the White House states otherwise. Everyone can just pick whatever side they want to believe.

Sep 26, 2019, 9:53 PM

And there it is again..”anonymous sources”. Why not just call it fictional?

you got to choose a candidate for some reason

Sep 25, 2019, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Re: I have to say this. ]

I like his reason

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Basically it says...

Sep 25, 2019, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Re: I have to say this. ]

no matter what he does I will always be indebted to him for signing the bill. I also am in the position to not jump the gun and publically convict him every time someone makes an accusation and that I owe him at least a fair shot at defending himself which is only fair in America.

We just selectively choose who to believe, quozzel. You choose to believe those who say what you want to hear and believe and I have that same attitude. At least I have a legitimate reason.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Basically it says...

Sep 25, 2019, 5:13 PM

no matter what he does I will always be indebted to him for signing the bill. I also am in the position to not jump the gun and publically convict him every time someone makes an accusation and that I owe him at least a fair shot at defending himself which is only fair in America.

We just selectively choose who to believe, quozzel. You choose to believe those who say what you want to hear and believe and I have that same attitude. At least I have a legitimate reason.

I'm glad that law worked out for your son.

For the record, I agree with a lot of the revised crime bill. I'll admit it - I committed more than a few crimes before I was 18 and the fact that I was a juvenile allowed me to get that stuff expunged from my record and it didn't follow me the rest of my life. I learned, turned it around, got my head straight...and I became a solid citizen. The notion that a crime should follow us the rest of our lives seems...wrongheaded, and, I dunno, un-American, somehow. It certainly seems intrinsically wrong that we're creating a subclass of people who will forever struggle to get good jobs and achieve respectability, and I certainly do not see any particular reason why somebody who makes bad decisions at, say, age 25 or so is entitled to any less forgiveness than I was at 16 and 17.

That said, what Trump did with that reform bill certainly wasn't characteristic of his administration, and he did it for political reasons he now appears to disagree with...and also because it appears Jared Kushner - who has Trump's ear as few others do - seemingly wanted to create a path that would allow his own father back to respectability.

Political reasons?

Sep 26, 2019, 9:22 PM

Who gives a ratstwat why he did it. Do you have any idea how many American families have suffered because a member of their family or a friend or a friend's family member has suffered for over a decade because their name is in a gov database?

BTW, there are only two reasons anyone in Fed, State or local government representatives do things. One reason is politics or votes the other is personal gain. Money and power are why all our reps do everything. Saying Trump only did it for political reasons seems kinda naive.

By “suffer” do you mean receive the consequences of their actions?

Sep 26, 2019, 9:28 PM

Because that “suffering” was due to a choice they made. Sure it sucks when you’re trying to move forward and reform your life, but those are the consequences is the crime they chose to commit.

Of the crime*

Sep 26, 2019, 9:29 PM

Re: By “suffer” do you mean receive the consequences of their actions?

Sep 26, 2019, 9:58 PM [ in reply to By “suffer” do you mean receive the consequences of their actions? ]

Jackazzz

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just telling the hard truth snowflake.***

Sep 27, 2019, 7:00 AM

If I came across as someone who doesn't fully support...

Sep 27, 2019, 8:13 AM [ in reply to By “suffer” do you mean receive the consequences of their actions? ]

hanging criminals I apologize. If a man does a crime he should do the time. No judge has ever condemned anyone to anything other than paying fines or serving time. When a man/woman or child serves their time their debt to society is paid in full.

Folks can look down on them but the fact is that most folks aren't perfect. Even the One who was got hanged on a tree. It's fine to think less of someone who committed a crime but after a man does the time the punishment should end according to American law.

That's all I'm saying, people should not get a life sentence over victimless crimes. That is especially true for the young. Young people go through radical life changes between 20 and 30. We change and reform our attitudes, goals and behavior as we mature.

We aren't dealing with robots here we're talking about humans. Growth and perspective isn't something a robot deals with. It's a human thing.

Sep 25, 2019, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Re: I have to say this. ]

What a assinine response.
You've exposed yourself as a typical Tigernet libtard.
Conversely to the OP you don't care how great a job Trump is doing and how much he promotes the rule of law, supports the Constitution and is immensely improving the lot of the American worker.
If you can hang him on jaywalking you'll do it.
Your act as an informed observer is repugnant to me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2019, 6:45 PM [ in reply to Re: I have to say this. ]

Nixon's also his favorite (maybe second favorite now?) because he got the US out of Vietnam, so CT88's brother didn't get drafted. Forget that Nixon was a criminal who abused his power, CT88 got his so eff everyone else.

Same as it ever was.

Trump recently displace Reagan at the top of my chart.

Sep 27, 2019, 8:17 AM

After Reagan comes John F Kennedy. Their attitude toward respect for America is why I respect their work. Nixon ending the war saved me from the draft but I listened to the words of Kennedy 'Ask not what your country can do for you but ask what you can do for your country.'

Chew on that.

Sep 27, 2019, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Re: I have to say this. ]

I guess LBJ is one of your favorites because of Great Society legislation, but you overlook his criminality over the Gulf of Tonkin incident that got us into Vietnam in the first place.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2019, 9:56 PM [ in reply to Re: I have to say this. ]

You are a divck and why the internet sucks. Just say congrats. ########

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know you’re older than 30, so why

Sep 27, 2019, 12:58 AM [ in reply to Re: I have to say this. ]

Make a post with all the tone-deafness and self awareness deficiency of the average 17 year old?

Did it make you feel good and smart and superior to try and tell a man why his happiness for his son was erroneous?Did any recognition of him sharing his joy and gratitude fail to register with you the minute he said the T-word? Seriously, I’ve gotta know—-what did you personally get out of making this post?

If a kid recovered from cancer and their parent said how happy they were and that they attributed it to some healing crystals they bought, would you jump right over the personal triumph and begin lecturing them on biology and pharmacology and sarcastically let them know you thought they couldn’t be more wrong about their belief?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2019, 12:50 PM

Trump didn't do a thing for felons and their convictions as far as life after being saddled with a felony. Trump's work has nothing to do with what happens after getting a felony. That said, I do respect what Trump has done and I hope people start taking it a step further where victimless felonies dont become life sentences outside of jail. Anyway, congrats to you and your son. Thats good news. Whats he doing if you don't mind me asking?

He's a Trump advisor.

Sep 25, 2019, 1:49 PM

just kidding.

Happy to hear about your son. That's good news, and especially good news for you and your family!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

He isn't a bank guard.

Sep 25, 2019, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Re: I have to say this. ]

He's driving a truck for a major retailer who provides insurance, a healthy paycheck and job security for those who will work. This kid can work, he learned from me in the same manner I learned from my father before me.

He was running ames sheetrock taping tools and screwguns before upstate residential builders and contractors knew they worked on wooden structures.

Re: He isn't a bank guard.

Sep 25, 2019, 2:18 PM

Did he have to go to a truck driving school?

He's qualified for this without school.

Sep 25, 2019, 2:22 PM

He spent a couple years at Greenville Tech doing biology. He's had it with school.

Re: He's qualified for this without school.

Sep 25, 2019, 2:28 PM

I just thought he needed truck driving school to drive trucks.

Sep 25, 2019, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Re: I have to say this. ]

You don't think making it easier for a felon to get a job relieves some of the weight off a felon's shoulder? Might this legislation also remain in place forever?

Sep 25, 2019, 2:57 PM

He didnt make it easier for felons to get jobs. Thats not factual. Same as it always was. Rrad my other response. Nothing has changed overall. Not a thing.

Here's how I see this.

Sep 25, 2019, 3:00 PM [ in reply to Re: I have to say this. ]

My son has been straight as a poker before trying to fill a prescription for oxycontin. He got hooked when an old family doctor decided to prescribe pain meds and antibiotics for chronic ear infections rather than send him to an ENT. He was 8-9 at the time. We parents had no idea what pain meds could do. By the time he was 15 he had manufactured dozens of issue which could be solved with pain meds.

In case you're talking about those who have robbed, raped or murdered, the background check reveals their offense(s) and allows the employer to weigh the crime. My son was half a young life from breaking the law.

If someone commits a crime with no intent to harm someone else they should only bear the law. Expecting someone to leave prison and not be able to use his ability to earn what he can is wrong. That puts them back on the other side of the law instantly.

Hang them in court then acknowledge that they've paid their debt to society when they leave prison. That's how this is supposed to work. The framers of our constitution had no idea we'd have national databases which track such.

Re: Here's how I see this.

Sep 25, 2019, 5:13 PM

My son has been straight as a poker before trying to fill a prescription for oxycontin. He got hooked when an old family doctor decided to prescribe pain meds and antibiotics for chronic ear infections rather than send him to an ENT. He was 8-9 at the time. We parents had no idea what pain meds could do. By the time he was 15 he had manufactured dozens of issue which could be solved with pain meds.

In case you're talking about those who have robbed, raped or murdered, the background check reveals their offense(s) and allows the employer to weigh the crime. My son was half a young life from breaking the law.

If someone commits a crime with no intent to harm someone else they should only bear the law. Expecting someone to leave prison and not be able to use his ability to earn what he can is wrong. That puts them back on the other side of the law instantly.

Hang them in court then acknowledge that they've paid their debt to society when they leave prison. That's how this is supposed to work. The framers of our constitution had no idea we'd have national databases which track such.

100% agree.

Sep 25, 2019, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Re: I have to say this. ]

Why the thumbs down? He didn't. Nothing has changed in that regard nationwide. Felons still have the same life after jail with a felony as they always have. Nothing changed. Trump and the Dems worked on prison reform. It's apples and oranges. I care about the issue because I have a couple former marijuana growing felons in my family. The issue is close to my heart.

The phrase, 'gov has...' indicates the government has.

Sep 27, 2019, 8:25 AM [ in reply to Re: I have to say this. ]

You tell me how and why that got there. Actually, I'll tell you since MSM doesn't cover anything which doesn't call for impeaching Trump or choosing an opponent for him. Wait, I can't cover all this in a post so I refer you to the liberal entity google.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Companies+hold+job+fairs+for+felons&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS854US854&oq=Companies+hold+job+fairs+for+felons&aqs=chrome..69i57j33.15976j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

proud of your son for not giving up

Sep 25, 2019, 12:57 PM

GoTigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2019, 2:34 PM

Of course Trump has done some good things. The example you have listed is one. I also throw in how he has kept us out of unnecessary military actions.

But some points:
1. First, I'm glad to hear that for your son. Everyone deserves a second chance, IMO, unless their crime was truly heinous. But victimless crime? Absolutely.
2. It was a bipartisan measure. Are you giving the same support and adoration to the others involved? In any legislation, Congress plays a bigger role than the President.
3. While this helped your son, the actions of Trump have caused a lot of damage to other people and our nation. I hope you understand why the pendulum would swing the other way. And while I respect loyalty, what he does within his legal limits as president is more important for the sake of our country.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Obama didn't do it.

Sep 25, 2019, 3:05 PM

You guys had the entire executive, legislative and judicial branches and didn't do it. Now you want to jump to the front of the line because it was so obviously the right thing to do?

Naw, ain't buying that. I know what I know. I've seen my boy fill out dozens time dozens of job applications and never saw anything suggesting the gov wanted felons to have a second chance. Have you?

Re: Obama didn't do it.

Sep 25, 2019, 3:27 PM

"You guys had..."

Buddy, I don't subscribe to a political team like y'all do. I know how silly that is.

I've wanted justice reform for a long time, especially after the crap that got pissed during the Clinton era. Don't claim something you don't know.

Naw, ain't buying that. I know what I know. I've seen my boy fill out dozens time dozens of job applications and never saw anything suggesting the gov wanted felons to have a second chance. Have you?

Did you not read my ####### post? Check your emotion and read it again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

The points you made negative about trump are not...

Sep 25, 2019, 3:31 PM

worth arguing about to me. I appreciate your thoughts on the boy and his new job.

Perhaps any and all potuses do good and bad and we just have to weight the total sum of their work to assess their value.

Anyway, I apologize for jumping the gun.

Re: The points you made negative about trump are not...

Sep 25, 2019, 3:35 PM

Fair enough, but I hope you understand why for so many Americans they are worth arguing. For every person like your son his actions may have helped, there are many he has hurt.

Perhaps any and all potuses do good and bad and we just have to weight the total sum of their work to assess their value.

On this we agree.

Sep 25, 2019, 3:37 PM

I reckon it's become fairly clear why I give Trump a bit more than the benefit of the doubt. No POTUS has done so much to make America prosper in my lifetime. However, I put JFK and Ronnie Reagan in the same category.

Sep 25, 2019, 6:48 PM

You're effing delusional.

I was shooting for "EVIL."

Sep 26, 2019, 9:24 PM

I think you're being nice, honestly, deep down in your heart you think I'm evil, don't you?

Sep 25, 2019, 6:51 PM

"I got mine, screw the rest of you!"

Cool that your son got a job, but talk to the families who have been separated and had their kids locked in cages and get back to me.

Oh, who am I kidding, you couldn't care less about them.

Your reading comprehension suffers.

Sep 27, 2019, 5:22 AM

I only claimed to give Trump the benefit of the doubt. Do you understand that phrase, do the words cause a picture to form in your mind's eye?

Let me translate that into legal jargon for you, babbs. "Innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt by a jury of their peers." All that takes place in a court of law with a judge and jury.

Sep 27, 2019, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Re: I have to say this. ]

Look up the word 'context' in a dictionary. Look up 'rhetoric' as well.
Lastly, look up 'Libtard'.
TIA

rings so true. for several years I had

Sep 26, 2019, 10:00 PM

to defend an action that I had on my record. At every interview I was just honest. That honesty got me a long way. I was able to overcome through honesty. But the stigma lasts forever.

Congrats to your son and yourself. Keep persevering

Congrats 88. I know nothing weighs heavier on a parent

Sep 27, 2019, 1:02 AM

Than their kid’s well-being. Willing to bet you sleep a good bit more peacefully tonight.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't give a chit about that kid.

Sep 27, 2019, 8:27 AM

He owes me a ton of money. The mail man looks a lot like me so the jury is still out on that too.

Thanks, Obed. I pray you never have to go through this.

You and me both brother (to the last line)***

Sep 27, 2019, 9:22 AM

Great to read about your son. Best of luck to him.***

Sep 27, 2019, 1:26 PM

null

Sep 27, 2019, 1:30 PM

That is great news about your boy! I wish him the best of luck. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 48
| visibility 898
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic