Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am new but I do have something to add
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

I am new but I do have something to add

Jan 22, 2016, 6:02 AM

This young man, Nolan Turner is in a living nightmare. Like Deshaun Watson, he has had to grow up fast, facing losing somebody extremely important in his life. However, in Nolan's case it isn't if his dad will lose his battle with ALS, it's when. Its not often in life when you can reach out and provide strength and security to a young man while also maintaining his dignity. I don't know this young man but I'll bet he is extremely proud of having "earned" his scholarship and the last thing a proud young person needs or probably wants is pity. Dabo, is the kind of friend that understands this and is doing all he can to help provide some security and by anyone's standard, that's special. I just imagine there aren't too many happy days in the Turner home with no escape from the certian uncertainty of living with ALS however, last night, thanks to Clemson and Dabo, last night was a happy one. Great job Nolan Turner, welcome to Clemson!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am new but I do have something to add

Jan 22, 2016, 6:11 AM

Nolan will be an asset to our football program... Welcome to Clemson Nolan...

Welcome to Clemson---we truely are a family!

Jan 22, 2016, 6:22 AM

Go Tigers!!

Ditto! He will give our team selfless determination and

Jan 22, 2016, 6:24 AM

a spark of intensity like none other. He will have a key role to play for sure.

Welcome aboard Nolan! ??????

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2016, 6:27 AM

He looks like a great player IMO. He has better ball skills than our starting safties last year!!

Jan 22, 2016, 6:48 AM

He looks like a 5 year player too...we have a lot of "all in" guys who bail out after 3 years which really hurts our efforts to get over the final hump...I am glad this kid is one of us

Over the course of my long life I have known a number

Jan 22, 2016, 6:48 AM

of folks who were given opportunities over others who may have been more deserving.

Many failed; some found modest success; and a few proved worthy of the confidence placed in them, becoming outstanding in their professions.

The question remains: how would those few ever have achieved great success without someone willing to give them a chance?

In this case I choose to defer to our staff for I simply trust their judgment. And I truly hope young Mr. Turner enjoys his stay at Clemson and becomes one of those few who excel.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said...

Jan 22, 2016, 6:53 AM

Go Tigers!!

Bama Game Should Inform Us

Jan 22, 2016, 7:03 AM

Our starters were "outclassed" (in terms of theoretical potential as defined by the rating services) by Bama by an average of half a star. Comparing the backups must provide a much, much greater gap.

Bama's starters and backups were outplayed, with a few (albeit important to the game's outcome) exceptions by Clemson.

Stars don't mean everything. This world is literally filled with failures who had tons of potential. You can't look into the future to know what will happen with a recruit and some things, like injuries, are out of everyone's control. That said, our recruiting staff has been impressive in spotting undervalued talent and, once our recruiters put on their coaching hats, they tend to turn head scratchers into sure things and sure things into first rounders.

I'm no different than most people in that I really want our class to be stacked with 4 and 5 star recruits. Winning the class rankings trophy is worth a ton to a guy like me that needs something to hang on to and talk about for another 200+ days. I'm in NM and have Bama, LSU and UGA coworkers so an unranked player hurts my ability to win the "my team can beat up your team" between seasons battle. But that is the only reason that I will be upset about this recruit.

Good job, Dabo. Welcome Nolan. Go Tigers.

POTD***

Jan 22, 2016, 7:57 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Pay no attention to these knowitall MFers here.

Jan 22, 2016, 8:01 AM

There are plenty in the silent majority here that care about the kids.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not to mention what he is dealing with at home--

Jan 22, 2016, 9:22 AM

I had a client just pass away from ALS. Wife, 2 kids and a thriving business--

I would not wish that disease on anyone!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great to have you Nolon! I am an Ala resident

Jan 22, 2016, 8:26 AM

who grew up in SC and came to Ala after returning from Vietnam (about 50 years ago). I am in Huntsville but my daughter and her family live in Vestavia Hills. I believe playing safety is about athletic ability, desire, work habits, and "smarts." I think you will be a great fit. I like what I see on your film. Welcome to the Tiger family.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post. Don't listen to some people on here

Jan 22, 2016, 8:32 AM

They think they know more than the coaches and always question the coaching staff when they offer kids who are underrated. I think this is a great pick up, congrats Turner.

This is what its all about

Jan 22, 2016, 8:44 AM

great post!

Jan 22, 2016, 12:40 PM

Nice post.

Jan 22, 2016, 3:54 PM

Dabo is special and we all should have a friend like him. God Bless Dabo.

Jan 22, 2016, 4:11 PM

Great post JF Tiger

Jan 22, 2016, 5:45 PM

Great post! No one knows what this young man is dealing with unless you have walked in those shoes. I agree...if his family had a few moments of happiness last night, it is well worth it. I think he will surprise everyone!

This was exactly my point in an earlier post.

Jan 22, 2016, 7:00 PM

Dabo had to see something in this young man. Whether it be the struggle or the strength Dabo felt there was something they could both offer each other.

We want character men and women leading the program and want equally level character fans. Thank you for that insight. I cannot wait to follow this young mans career here.

Jan 22, 2016, 7:35 PM

If he is good he will see the field, if not he won't. Plenty of scholarships don't result in on field play, some of the best on field play comes from former walkons. It is what it is.

Jan 22, 2016, 10:24 PM

You may be new JFT, but you nailed this one! The best post I've read all week!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FAIRWOODTIGER 67

Jan 23, 2016, 6:46 AM

Thanks, I've unfortunately had a friend that died from ALS and I know up close and personal how life can change for everybody. This kid is going to be starting for us one day, I believe it!

Well said! It's things like this that has set Clemson apart from everyone else.

Jan 22, 2016, 11:52 PM

Nolan welcome to the Clemson family. Our prayers are with you and your family. And we are very happy to have as part of our football program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well said! It's things like this that has set Clemson apart from everyone else.

Jan 23, 2016, 8:09 PM

Yes wueagle86, we are lucky to have this young man as a member of our family! He WILL make his birth family and his University family proud!

Jan 23, 2016, 11:32 AM

????????

TU to move to top again - Never have seen a 100 point

Jan 23, 2016, 1:54 PM

post before.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excellent post... Unfortunately, some on TNet are devoid of

Jan 23, 2016, 2:06 PM

of compassion.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you!***

Jan 23, 2016, 2:06 PM

NM

Jan 23, 2016, 5:44 PM

thank you for this informative post!!this is the kind of info that we need.I am very glad to have him as a Clemson Tiger!I hope that The Lord will bless him many times! your post has made me see some things in an entirely new light!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2016, 5:56 PM

Great post.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2016, 6:43 PM

Thank you very much, painful experiences tend to mold pretty strong opinions.

wonderful post and well done Dabo!!

Jan 23, 2016, 9:01 PM

This kid needs something in his life to go right at this point and it has thanks to Dabo ! Welcome to the team!

Excellent and insightful post. None of us know what we

Jan 23, 2016, 9:21 PM

or any of our loved ones will be facing in this life. This young man and his family are a great addition to the Clemson family and praying for peace and comfort for Mr. Turner during his battle.

Jan 23, 2016, 11:06 PM

Nice post. Biggest problem I see with the kid is all of the 15 yard penalties we're going to get from him taking peoples heads off.

You indeed had something to add. Thank you!***

Jan 23, 2016, 11:10 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2016, 8:14 AM

With all of the new riffraff crap talking team downing, coach bashing Debbie downers that have joined the last week you sir are a breath of fresh air. Welcome to tnet and +1

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic