Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bryant injury & Awbarn.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 2,066

Bryant injury & Awbarn.....

Aug 17, 2016, 1:23 PM

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that Awbarn will attempt to run a lot of jet sweeps. I don't think their QB has enough touch on the ball to threaten the DE's in space.

The key to this game will be our ability to SET THE EDGE. I'm guessing Awbarn will attempt to shift the weight of the LOS to the WDE with multiple shifts, sets, etc.

I think we'll be OK as I don't think the DE's ability to play in space will be as much a factor as say, against GT.

Another factor is Big Dex. I think he can impact the game more than many think.

We get a chance to heal up and earn meaningful snaps for the younger DE's for two weeks before GT. At that point, however, we need Bryant back.

There, I feel much better now. Hope I'm right.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Can't believe people would doubt Christian Wilkins.***

Aug 17, 2016, 1:30 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Can't believe people would doubt Christian Wilkins.***

Aug 17, 2016, 1:33 PM

Reading Wilkins' own comments about his lack of experience of playing in space, and thinking about how Malzahn will attempt to attack our defense with the tools he has on offense, the more I'm convinced it will be jet sweep all night and I think that plays right into Wilkins' / Ferrell's strengths: setting the edge.

I think we're going to be fine.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

D. O'Daniel

Aug 17, 2016, 2:27 PM

will be a key person to watch in this game. He will be there to stop the sweeps. he is very good in that regard. just look at what he has done the last couple of seasons against GT

Re: D. O'Daniel

Aug 17, 2016, 4:26 PM

I would agree with that.

Screw Calford.

What - me worry?***

Aug 17, 2016, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Can't believe people would doubt Christian Wilkins.*** ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Back in 2013 when AU had no passing game, just like now?

Aug 17, 2016, 1:32 PM

http://www.collegeandmagnolia.com/2014/8/7/5975453/auburn-offense-gus-malzahn-power-counter-running-game

That's Nick Marshall, former UGA defensive back turned AU quarterback.

I'm sure you know, but for those that might not or have forgotten, Gus uses a lot of jumbo, power sets with both an HB & TE.

I'd be shocked if you're not right and Gus doesn't try to play keep away with his run game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Back in 2013 when AU had no passing game, just like now?

Aug 17, 2016, 1:34 PM

I think they've lost too much on offense due to injuries....it just has to affect his gameplan.

I could be wrong, of course. I hope not.

Screw Calford.

He can only fight with what he's got and who knows how

Aug 17, 2016, 1:36 PM

it will work out, but he's got to do something. Keeping it away from Deshaun seems a good idea. ;)

Anyway, Clemson should prove to have too much to handle when the 4th quarter comes to an end.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He can only fight with what he's got and who knows how

Aug 17, 2016, 1:38 PM

Yeah, I know he likes "jumbo" packages with an H-back and all that, but his personnel is a shadow of what he had back then.

I think his plan will be to play keep-away (as you say) by running laterally, try to wear us down defensively, and eat clock, keep his team close in the 2nd half. He knows we're young at DE, so he HAS to attack the edges....

And in the end I think we come out on top.

Screw Calford.

Of course he'll run laterally as well, it's his offense

Aug 17, 2016, 1:56 PM

and much of what we see at Clemson since theChad brought much of it here.

The big difference over the years is Gus is more reliant on going big with the extra blocker.

If they're as bad in the passing game as some suspect, Clemson should get a heavy does inside & out in the read.

I hope Gus relies on White, JF III ala the kid from Louisville is where I see any threat from their offense.

Anyway, Clemson should win, first game or not, away or not.

Re: Back in 2013 when AU had no passing game, just like now?

Aug 17, 2016, 1:43 PM [ in reply to Back in 2013 when AU had no passing game, just like now? ]

They will be force to throw it down field after they get down by 2 TDs.
I just hope we can cover and not let them eat us up in the secondary.
They will try to run the ball but it wont work.

Re: Bryant injury & Awbarn.....

Aug 17, 2016, 1:36 PM

Maybe. The strength of that Auburn OL is on the inside; their guards are supposedly future NFL guys. Their tackles are apparently pretty average.

Other thing to keep in mind is their most-veteran returning WR is 5'9" Marcus Davis. The rest of their WR depth chart is lousy with freshmen...who tend to be even more lousy at blocking. Both of which mean they could struggle to block anybody out on the perimeter.

Kind of presents an interesting quandary for them because their most-talented RB, Kerryon Johnson, is more speed/space than between-the-tackles. They did move 240-pound Kamryn Pettway from FB and he could try to pound it up inside, so we could actually be looking at about a 50/50 split between Johnson and Pettway.

At the end of the day, do they have any real good solutions at the moment?

Aug 17, 2016, 1:40 PM

I don't dispute anything you say, it's just a hunch watching film on their offense. But if you were Malzahn, where would you attack our defense? At the edges or up the gut?

Screw Calford.

Wilkins and Ferrell will hold the edge with no problems.***

Aug 17, 2016, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Bryant injury & Awbarn..... ]

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Wilkins and Ferrell will hold the edge with no problems.***

Aug 17, 2016, 1:50 PM

I agree. And that's why we win comfortably.

Screw Calford.

what about N. Craig-Myers

Aug 17, 2016, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Bryant injury & Awbarn..... ]

he seemed to be a pretty good WR recruit. Do you think he will be a factor? although not sure the QB will be good at going down field, but maybe so ins or some come back routes?

I think I trust our DB's in this game a lot, and our LB's will be a key component of this game. I think Auburn will try the speed on the edges but like you said their tackles are lacking. As long as Wilkins or Ferrell can set the edge, I look for our LB's to have a good game.

Re: what about N. Craig-Myers

Aug 17, 2016, 4:25 PM

We will play press coverage and load the box--dare them to throw. I don't see their QB as capable of doing that for 4 quarters.

Screw Calford.

Aug 17, 2016, 1:44 PM

SMFH. A WEEK AGO EVERYONE IS BRAGGING HOW WE GONNA BOATRACE AUBURN. THEN A STARTER, A GUY THAT HAS EVER STARTED, TO SPEAK OF, GOES DOWN AND YOU WOULD THINK A BOMB HAD HIT THE DEFENSIVE SIDE OF THE FIELD. GOT TO LOVE THE MOT. GUESS THIS PLACE WOULD BE DULL WITHOUT YOU.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Actually, I'd love this place a lot more without you

Aug 17, 2016, 1:51 PM

have you figured out the caplock thingy yet?

Btw, you sound angry. Get help and have a blessed day.

Screw Calford.

I agree with de, we would love it without you

Aug 17, 2016, 1:55 PM

you are one of the biggest crybabies, ever

Re: I agree with de, we would love it without you

Aug 17, 2016, 4:23 PM

Why don't you two get a room and eff off.

Screw Calford.

Re: I agree with de, we would love it without you

Aug 18, 2016, 12:57 PM

LOL, very original post there gomer

Aug 17, 2016, 1:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Bryant injury & Awbarn..... ]

My biggest concern is that Auburn will cheap shot Watson all night long until they get him,just like they did Parker.

Replies: 23
| visibility 2,066
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic