Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How the next few weeks play out
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1,580

How the next few weeks play out

Nov 17, 2013, 12:41 AM

So after this weekend we will be #7.

Next week, OKState will beat Baylor and we will move up to #6.

Rivalry week, Bama beats Auburn, aTm beats Mizzou, we beat the Coots, and we move up to #4 because we just beat a top 10 and that will put us ahead of 1-loss Oregon.

Championship week, MSU beats Ohio State, Coots beat Bama, and then it will be up to the voters to decide between Clemson and Oregon for who plays FSU.

I honestly see that being a likely scenario going forward for this season, and the biggest long shot is the Coots beating Bama.

Go Tigers! Beat the Coots! And lets hope everything else falls into place so we can go to Southern Cal this winter and enact revenge on those **** Seminoles!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

voters would pick Oregon all day.******

Nov 17, 2013, 12:43 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How the next few weeks play out

Nov 17, 2013, 12:48 AM

I just don't see us jumping Oregon. Maybe if the game between us and FSU were close, we would have a chance, but they absolutely destroyed us at home. I don't think many people are going to vote to see a rematch of that in the NC game.

Nov 17, 2013, 12:56 AM

I agree they would vote for Oregon, but lets hope some of this stuff happens so that we can be in the Top 4 at the end and garunteed a spot in a BCS game. If Winston gets charged and then benched I'm worried they'll slip in the acc champ game thus leaving us screwed.

Nov 17, 2013, 12:51 AM

Not in this life time will the coots beat Bama in a few weeks. Not even if Bama lost their QB for the rest of the season!!!:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2013, 12:58 AM

For us to have a shot we really needed UGA today. And I'd put more stock in Auburn over Bama and then losing the championship to Scar or Missouri, but they would probably leave Bama in the NCG if everything else fell our way in that scenario.

It's sad but the fact that Oregon's loss came to a team that has lost to two unranked opponents where as ours was to possibly the best team in the nation, has little bearing on the rankings, as evidenced by Stanford's rank this week despite their Utah loss.

Nov 17, 2013, 1:11 AM

I think the best way for us to pass one loss Bama is for them to lose to the team we just beat, UGA winning would have been nice but it would have required Mizzou losing twice for UGA to get to the champ game, and I don't seem them losing both games.

I agree though, it is BS that our loss to FSU will be seen as worse than Oregon losing to a 2-loss (bad losses) Stanford, but I think most of us would agree that Oregon would still get voted ahead, which is also unfortunate bc I think our familiarity with FSU (along with our superior talent) gives us a better chance than Oregon.

Nov 17, 2013, 9:35 AM

The talking heads are saying that b/c we lost badly at home. But a loss by 1 or 30 equals 1 loss. But they see it as 30 losses. But when an sec team gets beat by 27, its just 1 loss. If we/Clemson were in the sec, esecpn would be talking about 10 different ways we could play for the NC. And our conference leader will never grow a pair big enough to come out and defend the open biases against acc FB. And FSU and Clemson alone will most likely put over 20 mil in the pockets of the conference for just two games. The FB schools in the acc has a 50 mil buy out to ensure we don't jump conference also Mr. Swoffag. So stand up and make sure that the acc is as competitive in FB as the acc is in Basketball. That is the only way the FB side of the acc will ever be on even ground with the other conference FB schools. Sure it cost more to be competitive in FB. But FB brings in way more money than Basketball and Baseball put together when your FB is competitive

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well

Nov 17, 2013, 1:15 AM

What if all those happend and Oregon lost to USC or UCLA in the Pac 12 championship. Just a thought. However, I think thst ship has sailed. Let's just beat the coots and get to a BCS bowl.

Yep. Beat the chickens and let the cards fall where they may***

Nov 17, 2013, 1:20 AM

Re: Well

Nov 17, 2013, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Well ]

> What if all those happend and Oregon lost to USC or
> UCLA in the Pac 12 championship. Just a thought.
> However, I think thst ship has sailed. Let's just
> beat the coots and get to a BCS bowl.

Exactly...Oregon still has a PAC 12 championship game to play.

The bigger issues I see is a Bama loss in the SECCG and an Ohio State loss.

As far as Bama....I gave Georgia no chance of beating Bama last year in that game but they were ONE PLAY AWAY. UGA got destroyed by SCAR and did not look like world beaters last season but they complete that last pass and they beat Bama. So it can be done....even by Mizzou or SCAR.

Ohio State....they've got to lose some time. I am hoping that Michigan can put it together and beat them in the Big House. If not, don't they have to play Wisky in the Big 10 Champ game? Possible loss there I guess.

Like your ALL IN thinking - miracles happen- ask allbarn!***

Nov 17, 2013, 3:31 AM

Re: Like your ALL IN thinking - miracles happen- ask allbarn!***

Nov 17, 2013, 5:12 PM

Nooo, I think that Zon and spur are good friends, and spur told Zon what kind of horse shoe to stick up his butt. Coots and AuBum got lucky yesterday.

Sure I'm biased but even coots will agree Bama beats SCAR

Nov 17, 2013, 3:43 AM

That's the biggest problem with your scenario.

Nov 17, 2013, 4:05 AM

So bet your house and your life savings on it if you are so confident this is how the next few weeks play out.

WOW. This is glass slipper thinking but hey we got ..

Nov 17, 2013, 9:03 AM

nothing to lose in this scenario. I don't see the yardbirds beating Bama though. Oregon would still get more love from a national perspective over Clemson I am afraid.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

You forgot Duke beating FSU******

Nov 17, 2013, 9:06 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2013_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why not just have UCLA beat Oregon ....

Nov 17, 2013, 9:09 AM

...in the PAC 12 title game. That solves everything!

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2013, 9:29 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=14556550#14556550

Called this basic scenario three weeks ago - seems more probable now than then. As for vaulting Oregon - Stanford's loss will be a drag on them in the computer part of the poll. It should really be a huge fall for Stanford. So much would hinge on beating South Carolina convincingly. Auburn/Alabama and Clemson/South Carolina will be the only top 10 matchups of the final regular season week. A convincing win against an SEC East champ would close the gap, if not pass Oregon. If South Carolina turns around one week later and wins the SEC it should give us some carryover momentum. A loss in Pac 12 championship would take Oregon out of conversation. Still need Ohio State and Baylor to lose. I like Ok St over Baylor. Ohio State stills has Michigan and a championship rematch with Michigan State. You have to believe odds catch up with Buckeyes at some point.

Edit - A&M/Missouri is another potential top 10 matchup in final week. Gonna be a huge shakeup day.

Message was edited by: viztiz®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2013, 10:09 AM

I'll just sit back and enjoy watching Clemson.

Hopefully, they will win out (including a win in Columbia and a BCS bowl game) and finish in the top 5.

Nov 17, 2013, 10:12 AM

I think FSU, Alabama and Ohio State are the best teams in college football this year. (with Ohio State being untested so far)

Clemson is the best of the group right behind them though with 1 loss. (to a team that could win the championship this year IMO)

Ok St home over Baylor possible, Bama over Aub Yes,

Nov 17, 2013, 5:43 PM

T A&M over Mizzou Yes, Clemson over SC - Book It. Mich St over OSU possible. SC over Bama No way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1,580
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic