Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jameis also declines to testify at hearing (link)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,528

Jameis also declines to testify at hearing (link)

Dec 3, 2014, 7:46 PM

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11972075/jameis-winston-student-conduct-code-hearing-florida-state-day-2

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jameis also declines to testify at hearing (link)

Dec 3, 2014, 7:50 PM

Not that they care but the World is watching you FSU! Do the right thing!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jameis also declines to testify at hearing (link)

Dec 3, 2014, 7:51 PM

Did he take the Fif?

Good for him. Not exactly sure

Dec 3, 2014, 7:54 PM

what this "evidence" is that the lady has presented that seals his guilt for so many out there.....

Re: Good for him. Not exactly sure

Dec 3, 2014, 8:16 PM

He's guilty as H E L L. Even a hooker can be raped.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is true, and hookers can

Dec 3, 2014, 8:20 PM

make stuff up for monetary gain. Remember the Duke Lacrosse fiasco? Not going to keep debating it, though. People have their minds made up. It wouldn't be the first time.

Dec 3, 2014, 8:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Good for him. Not exactly sure ]

The legal system said there was not enough evidence for prosecution. This is The USA. He is entitled to due process.

Dec 3, 2014, 8:34 PM [ in reply to Good for him. Not exactly sure ]

> what this "evidence" is that the lady has presented
> that seals his guilt for so many out there.....

What makes it extremely likely that something seems to have happened is that his accuser didn't know who he was, and lodged a rape complaint with the police department and had a rape kit performed the night in question. The ##### unquestionably matches Jameis Winston's DNA.

Women seldom - I'm tempted to say never - do that unless they feel strongly they've been raped when there's no obvious financial motive - which there wasn't; the woman didn't even know who Winston was and he was a freshman who was redshirting at the time. It's a scary, scary process for a woman to submit herself to.

At the time, again, she wasn't accusing Jameis Winston the Heisman Trophy Winner. She wasn't accusing anyone. She went to the cops saying she'd been raped without knowing who exactly had done it, and without even knowing his name.

There's a lot of postmortem ho-shaming going on (as there always is when somebody's golden boy gets accused of rape) because it does look like she went to Winston's apartment with the intention of having sex with him (after already having sex with her boyfriend prior that same night) but what most accounts seem to have in common is that at some point Winston's roommate, Chris Casher, came into the bedroom with his cell phone video-camera rolling and started filming the whole thing, which she apparently was most definitely NOT OK with.

Winston's corner says she got over it. The accuser apparently asserts she didn't. The fact that she immediately went to the cops afterward and filed a complaint and got the rape kit done is...indicative.

The investigation the Tally PD conducted over this has been absolutely blasted - and rightfully so - by virtually every law-enforcement and legal authority familiar with the case. At no point, actually, has Winston ever been directly questioned by anybody. Basically, months afterward, when the woman recognized Winston and went to the cops ID'ing him as the rapist (and a DNA match, as I mentioned, later confirmed Winston's ##### matched the sample taken by the rape kit) the cops called him - no joke - and asked, pretty please, would he talk to them...and of course, Winston and friends duly lawyered up, the cell-phone video of the incident was deleted, and everybody had their stories all squared up before Tally's finest ever got around to asking - through the lawyers - if anything had gone down that night. The prosecutor took one look at the steaming pile of horse excrement in front of him and said: "There's no way I can prosecute this."

That would be why a lot of people strongly think Jameis Winston, with the collusion of the Tally PD and Florida State University, might have gotten away with rape.

Will anybody likely ever know for sure? Nope. But it looks bad...on everybody connected to this fiasco. And for durn sure women in Tally will not be bringing their complaints to the Tally PD anymore if a football player does something to them. RB Karlos Williams's pregnant girlfriend posted pictures of very substantial bruising all over her arms, claimed she'd gotten beaten, and moved out of Williams' apartment...and when the Tally PD "investigated", not only would she absolutely refuse to cooperate with them, she also withdrew from school and left town.

So it goes, at FSU right now.

To say it's a disgraceful situation is putting it mildly.

And what was the result of the

Dec 3, 2014, 9:08 PM

rape kit? Forced sex?

Re: And what was the result of the

Dec 3, 2014, 9:42 PM

Stop while you are only a mile behind. He gave a detailed understanding of the events - most of which match up with what few indisputable facts exist in this case then you throw out that stupidity. GTFO.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And what was the result of the

Dec 3, 2014, 11:33 PM

> Stop while you are only a mile behind. He gave a
> detailed understanding of the events - most of which
> match up with what few indisputable facts exist in
> this case then you throw out that stupidity. GTFO.

Actually, it's not stupidity...I think what he was asking was, what the rape kit can show is, was there evidence of rape. Rape is not consensual sex. During a rape, women don't help their partner by relaxing their muscles, they tense. Which produces vaginal lesions and tearing.

My understanding - through the Interwebz, anyhow, which tells no lies - is that the rape kit did indeed show evidence of that telltale vaginal tearing, which would strongly indicate rape.

If that is indeed the case, the legalese is just that. She was raped. But I don't have any direct confirmation on that...has any of that been confirming by legit press sources?

It comes down to who you believe.

Dec 3, 2014, 11:52 PM

She says she was impaired. The tox tests and her own friend says she seemed allright leaving. She says she was mad about the filming but never once disputed all she did was get up and shut the door on Winston's voyeour/tag team wannabee buddy and then returned to having sex with Winston. In other words, if you believe the "I was messed up" story, which tox tests refute, then you believe her. If you believe the pervy friend's story, then the girl went home with them, got immediately busy with Winston and rebuffed the other guy's interest in her and filming. Then Winston gave her a ride home not long after. You are going to have to point me to something that there was evidence of vaginal tearing because I've never seen that. I have seen there was no evidence of drugging, an insignificant BAC, and witness statements she seemed fine leaving.

Re: It comes down to who you believe.

Dec 4, 2014, 12:05 AM

> She says she was impaired. The tox tests and her own
> friend says she seemed allright leaving. She says she
> was mad about the filming but never once disputed all
> she did was get up and shut the door on Winston's
> voyeour/tag team wannabee buddy and then returned to
> having sex with Winston. In other words, if you
> believe the "I was messed up" story, which tox tests
> refute, then you believe her. If you believe the
> pervy friend's story, then the girl went home with
> them, got immediately busy with Winston and rebuffed
> the other guy's interest in her and filming. Then
> Winston gave her a ride home not long after. You are
> going to have to point me to something that there was
> evidence of vaginal tearing because I've never seen
> that. I have seen there was no evidence of drugging,
> an insignificant BAC, and witness statements she
> seemed fine leaving.

Here's where it gets wonky. Apparently the Tally PD released a very different account than the hospital did.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/10133431/accuser-attorney-makes-case-reinvestigation-lists-factors-possible-lawsuit-florida-state-university-quarterback-jameis-winston

If this particular report is true, the Tally PD may not have just not done their homework. They may have actually misreported the hospital's findings. If they went that far, it's more than troublesome.

I dunno. It'd be interesting to see what the accuser's hospital records actually show - which, of course, the woman's attorneys can't release until they actually show up in a courtroom and start presenting evidence.

I suspect this whole mess is a long, long way away from over. For a whole lot of people.

I agree and I definitley agree

Dec 4, 2014, 12:16 AM

Winston will be around for all possible games remaining this year. My personal prediction is nothing happens to him from a school or civil standpoint. Then comes the combine and a decision for an NFL team and then order is restored to where people refocus their hate on Bama.

A lot of inconsistencies from both sides....

Dec 4, 2014, 8:13 AM [ in reply to Good for him. Not exactly sure ]

Regardless of the student code of conduct hearing, the plaintiff is simply posturing for the civil suit that is likely to follow.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I think everybody misunderstands what's going on here.

Dec 3, 2014, 9:19 PM

FSU, the boys involved in this and both FSU's and JW's lawyers are on the same team. There's no conflict. They all work toward the same goal. Get through this year's bowl season with no further incident. All the press releases are designed to keep everyone mesmerized with the smoke and mirrors while they go about business as usual.

The school could have thrown JW out at his first sign of non compliance toward FSU's policy. They didn't, they got lawyers together and scheduled this entire event to get JW from under the administration's authority and allow him to finish he football career.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think everybody misunderstands what's going on here.

Dec 3, 2014, 11:45 PM

> FSU, the boys involved in this and both FSU's and
> JW's lawyers are on the same team. There's no
> conflict. They all work toward the same goal. Get
> through this year's bowl season with no further
> incident. All the press releases are designed to keep
> everyone mesmerized with the smoke and mirrors while
> they go about business as usual.
>
> The school could have thrown JW out at his first sign
> of non compliance toward FSU's policy. They didn't,
> they got lawyers together and scheduled this entire
> event to get JW from under the administration's
> authority and allow him to finish he football career.

Sure does look like it. The timing is just about spot-on for Winston to either wash out of the playoffs or win the Championship game, and then give the finger to the whole sordid mess, drop out of school, and declare for the NFL.

It remains to be seen if the Department of Education is amused by this resolution. What's at stake is nothing less than potential Title IX violations, which is what inspired this whole dog-and-pony show to begin with. And the Department of Education could care less about Florida State winning another national title.

FSU is playing with fire. Big-time.

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,528
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic