Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lady G is so sad (: Poor little Bubba
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 718

Lady G is so sad (: Poor little Bubba

Sep 25, 2020, 10:37 PM

y’all feel bad for him?

https://twitter.com/projectlincoln/status/1309620608561414144?s=21

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lady G is so sad (: Poor little Bubba

Sep 25, 2020, 10:39 PM

That’s it, I’m voting for the guy that has more money.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2020, 10:42 PM

In SC you can't buy an election but it looks like the Dems are trying to in the senate race. Good luck.
When people found out he was a lobbyist he be going down like cheap lard.

Man, it’s a tough crowd tonight

Sep 25, 2020, 10:44 PM

Y’all forgive me. John McCain was my friend, lol.

Re: Man, it’s a tough crowd tonight

Sep 25, 2020, 10:50 PM

To bad the brain cancer got him in the end. He was not making much sense @ the end.

Re: Man, it’s a tough crowd tonight

Sep 25, 2020, 11:13 PM

Too

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't you #### off Mama's garden club boi.***

Sep 25, 2020, 11:05 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2020, 11:11 PM

Wow. Ouch. I know the Lincoln Project says they're "Republicans", but if this is an intramural family fight this battle went all Titus Andronicus a good while back.

For those who don't get the reference, Titus is considered the weakest of Shakespeare's plays, and the easiest to reduce to five minutes or less in The Five Minute Bard, in which all of Shakespeare's plays are done in one night in rapidfire succession.

Titus takes about ten seconds. Everybody whips out a sword, they all start hacking away at each other, and they all fall over dead. Done. Curtains.

I don't know if the Lincoln Project is coming back to the GOP anytime soon.

From what I can tell without doing a ton of digging,

Sep 25, 2020, 11:15 PM

(and let's admit it, if I have to dig to find out, it's a lousy campaign), they're defined far more by what they're against than what they're for. I really have no clue what they're for.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes...

Sep 25, 2020, 11:24 PM

Lincoln Project is about one thing, taking down Trump.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, and while I bet I dislike LG far more than they ever

Sep 25, 2020, 11:28 PM

Could, going after him too randomly just makes them look like Mean Girls redux.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The beginning of the end of Republican conservatism...

Sep 26, 2020, 1:55 AM

They've moved the goal posts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be fair, The Lincoln Project’s stated mission is to go

Sep 26, 2020, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Yep, and while I bet I dislike LG far more than they ever ]

after Trump “and his allies in the Senate”, of which LG certainly qualifies.

Other than that, the LP is a bit of a farce. They like to portray themselves as a bunch of Republican Conservative purists but it’s really just a handful of Never Trumpers and McCain strategists that just hate the guy. As said, they don’t stand for any conservative principles. They just hate Trump.

That said, I wonder what McCain would think about a handful of his operatives attacking his long time ally Lindsey Graham. Although, I guess that also begs the question of what he would think about Graham’s support of Trump.

Ahhh politics...

null

Re: To be fair, The Lincoln Project’s stated mission is to go

Sep 26, 2020, 1:11 PM

they come across like a bunch of bitter women...but I'm biased. But it's not that they are attacking Trump and his "allies."

Message was edited by: franc1968®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yes...

Sep 26, 2020, 6:34 AM [ in reply to yes... ]

Yup, pretty much exactly.

Ever wonder why the George Will set of Republicans is so vociferously against Trump? Because we believe he's nothing resembling an actual conservative.

I don't like the Dems. I find it hard to imagine a universe in which I will ever consider myself one. But right now they are not the party demanding absolute loyalty and seem like the least pressing of the eternal balancing act between left-leaning extremists and right-leaning extremists that we call "Democracy" so I will go with them...at least until Trump is gone. The Lincoln Project is doing the same.

That does not mean I - or the Lincoln guys - are planning on ever embracing leftist silliness, either. And I fervently hope that 2024 brings us another Kasich, Romney, or McCain...and hopefully the country will be smart enough to vote for that candidate this time because those are the kind of guys who really should be running the country - smart, sensible, grounded, honest, and empathic enough to listen but pragmatic enough to do actual math and balance an actual budget.

Maybe you can understand why somebody like me who prizes those attributes can simply not stomach Trump. He has none of them.

But here's the problem with the left, especially the far left...and why the sensible moderates who usually reside in the Republican Party always ultimately triumph. Liberal activists just successfully killed yet another massive development in NYC, not because it wouldn't bring jobs and wealth to the community - it undoubtedly would - but because liberal activist leaders worried it would actually succeed in doing just that, and hence bring "gentrification". So they killed the project. This is what leftist silliness looks like, and why I can't see my own temporary alliance with them enduring much past the 2020 election: yeah, we won't let our people have nice things and we'll leave our community a rundown sh!thole...because if we have nice things rich people will also come. (Gasp! But mind, then out of the other side of our mouths we'll complain we don't have nice things!)

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/25/how-the-left-killed-another-major-nyc-development-421956

Re: From what I can tell without doing a ton of digging,

Sep 26, 2020, 7:08 AM [ in reply to From what I can tell without doing a ton of digging, ]

Honesty, honor, and dignity. Things that Graham and Trump no nothing about. They want to bring those things back to the Republican Party.

Sep 26, 2020, 4:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Lady G is so sad (: Poor little Bubba ]

The so-called Lincoln Project are establishment GOP; their idols are Jeb!, Mitt, McCain, etc. The establishment GOP want the same thing the Democrats want, only slower. They are in no way conservatives. They are part of the Uniparty.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Sep 26, 2020, 6:12 AM

You would be interested to know that those of us you call "Never Trumpers" or "RINOS" in fact regard ourselves as the actual conservatives, and believe that those of you who follow Trump have in fact allowed a populist with no adherence to actual principles to hijack the actual ideals of the GOP.

Trump is a populist, not a conservative, and those of you who believe in him are not following principles but the man himself - wherever he takes you.

When you use QAnon dogma and words like "Uniparty" to describe the Dems we just start shaking our heads...because if there's one thing anybody with eyes who isn't a complete dolt can see, there's nothing "unified" about the Dems...they're a squabbling, disorganized, dysfunctional Big Tent of ideologies and identity groups who seldom if ever agree on anything.

And yes, the far left are as big of idiots as anybody the far right has to offer.

But the Dems, at least this election cycle, certainly aren't marching in lockstep and demanding absolute loyalty from their members. That's the Party of Trump's bag.

GOP was hijacked by the conspiracy wing a long time ago

Sep 26, 2020, 1:19 PM

I miss the good ole days too. There were some stellar individuals throughout. Tom Ridge. Richard Lugar. Sam Nunn, and on and on and on.

Unfortunately, people like that just aren't getting the party support any more which is a dang shame. Where do they go?

Trump is indeed a populist...

Sep 26, 2020, 1:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Lady G is so sad (: Poor little Bubba ]

and those in the party who are following him are subscribing to populist ideas.

However, this is where I struggle with the labels. I do not consider Mitt and McCain conservative. I consider them moderate. Jeb may be more of a conservative.

But, what do the terms conservative and liberal actually mean? And what do you have to do to become one?

I would call myself a conservative, but am probably more of a pragmatist. I subscribe to conservative social and fiscal philosophies, but I also don't believe it is the government's job to force my beliefs on other people. If my beliefs are good, I should be able to debate my point and let the results speak for themselves.

Any of these political profiles I have ever taken I always find myself squarely in the middle of the chart...and I would not call myself a moderate.

The more I think about it, supporting freedom of speech and the free exchange of ideas that allows the best ideas to win out, I might be more of a classical liberal.

Nevertheless, the labels we use have become extremely subjective.

Re: Trump is indeed a populist...

Sep 26, 2020, 6:04 PM

Mit, McCain and Jeb have sour grapes. Mit and McCain could not win against Obama and Jeb could not win against Trump. They cannot stand that an outsider won. Trump turn over the DC apple cart. The swamp creatures hate Trump because he is not part of the DC klan.

Re: Trump is indeed a populist...

Sep 27, 2020, 7:10 AM

I know you want to believe that.

Trump doesn't get along with a single ex-president. Zero, not one, on either side of the aisle. The Bushes can't stand him. Reagan's family can't stand him, and have stated so, publicly. Obviously none of the Dems can stand him.

An incredible number of former Trump employees have come forward with tell-all books or directly blown the whistle or even testified against Trump.

They're not doing it because they're "swamp creatures", they're doing it because they regard Trump as dangerous, reckless, corrupt, and immoral.

He is very much that girl everybody is warning you about, and you're the only one who can't see it. For those of us who see exactly what he is we're really worried for everybody under his spell because you guys aren't acting or talking normal. At all.

I wish I could give you 1000 points for that post.

Sep 27, 2020, 8:54 AM

Your post is the best description I’ve heard of how many moderate Republicans feel about Trump.

The best Presidents are those that are within 15 degrees either side of center between the Republican and Democratic ideology. A President who brings the Country together is what we need, not a divisive former reality talk show host who wants to become a dictator like his buddy Putin.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 718
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic