Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dear Coots
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1,600

Dear Coots

Nov 26, 2012, 9:31 AM

Make sure and smile and act like everything is great because you won again. You do realize you have hired your version of Tommy Bowden. You are doing well against your in state rival and you win a few games you should not....yet still in year NINE you have not, and will not, win a conference championship. You came close, losing to Auburn 49-17, but that is it. Remember that moment, it was your pinnacle. When probation steve leaves you and becomes a Florida Gator again, as he has told you, he will blame your school for the fact he could not win a conference title at USCheat. He will tell anyone that will listen that it is your school not him. Probation steve = Tommy Bowden...pure and simple.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dear Coots

Nov 26, 2012, 9:37 AM

To be fair, a conference title in the SEC is the same as a national championship. They have everyone back next year and their schedule is much easier. They will be in the SEC title game and we saw how close they were to beating LSU on the road this past year and how they beat Alabama two years ago. Hate to do it but you have to give them credit where credit is due. The argument about them never winning a conference championship makes us look stupid as a fan base. We won a conference championship last year but got killed by them. It is safe to say the Coots would have won the ACC last year and probably this year

Except in 2004 when Auburn went unbeaten and didn't win it.***

Nov 26, 2012, 9:56 AM

Re: Except in 2004 when Auburn went unbeaten and didn't win it.***

Nov 26, 2012, 10:06 AM

The rare exception proves the rule. Trust me, it is hard thing to admit but it makes us look bad to harp on our conference title and that they don't have one. Reverse the situation and say Carolina played in Conference USA and racked up titles but could never beat us. Wouldn't you laugh at coot fans for flaunting their conference titles?

ummmm, no or lsu would have been crowned last year. they

Nov 26, 2012, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Dear Coots ]

weren't.

it's an accomplishment, no doubt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2012, 9:38 AM

So mad. Winning 10 in the SEC easily trumps even winning the ACC.

Georgia Freakin Tech is in the ACCCG. I mean come on. We're 10-2, ranked 10th in the country, and we're still only the 6th highest ranked SEC team.

Clemson will NEVER experience that because they play in the Athletically Challenged conference, and it has shown the past four years. The ACC does not prepare you for OOC games.

thought it was 56-17 and this coot team would destroy

Nov 26, 2012, 9:46 AM

any team tommy bowden ever fielded @ clemson. punk ###, bich slap destroy it.

the sec is the best football in the land. period. they, the coots, might not win an sec championship, but they've certainly been in the conversation every year for the last 3 and deservedly so.

it's an accomplishment in that league to be consistently mentioned with UF and UGA. imagine they were 0-21 not long ago, the laughing stock of D1 football and see how far they've come.

the more they are mentioned, the greater their brand, the easier it is to close the gap with recruits they want. clemson can continue to say we do it right, we have great apr, we offer 4-5 year schollies, not 1 like they do in columbia and we can get used to losing to our rivals.

they are doing it different in columbia now. sos got everything he wanted, including rock star status enough to threaten the state media with their jobs.

one of dabo's team goals every year is the state championship; call it the stevo cause spurrier owns it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When did Bowden lead clemson to a # 8 national ranking?***

Nov 26, 2012, 9:52 AM

Re: When did Bowden lead clemson to a # 8 national ranking?***

Nov 26, 2012, 9:55 AM

Bowden led Clemson to a #3 ranking in 2000

Re: I do not know exactly how this helps Clemson but I

Nov 26, 2012, 10:09 AM

doubt that many SC fans will listen seriously because 5 years ago people were telling SC that they would never be able to play on the same field with UT\UGA\UF\CLEMSON, how they basically own those teams.

The only thing standing in SCs way at the moment seems to be LSU\ALABAMA. From a winning standpoint, right now, the SEC looks like...

BAMA
LSU
SC\TxAM
UF
UGA
ARK
VANDY\Miss\MissState
OTHERS...

Florida 44 USCheat 11

Nov 26, 2012, 2:14 PM

I take it you think we are ahead of you if you are ahead of Florida. Coot logic .

Re: Florida 44 USCheat 11

Nov 26, 2012, 2:16 PM

If Florida can beat the Coots that bad makes me wonder how bad Florida would beat us

Florida 44 USCheat 11

Nov 26, 2012, 2:17 PM

44 to 11, you are fooling no one.

Re: Florida 44 USCheat 11

Nov 26, 2012, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Florida 44 USCheat 11 ]

Florida killed us - no doubt. Being worn down after dominating Georgia, losing a close one in Death Valley is.. well, as you witnessed - it's foreign to your program.

Three top ten games in three weeks is the world we live in. Take solace in rewriting those offensive record books, Clemson.

Am I supposed to be angry now?

LOL these posts make me laugh.

Nov 26, 2012, 2:18 PM

I bet they do. What makes me laugh is that despite just winning your 4th in a row, you can't get away from the need for validation from your rival's message board.

Nov 26, 2012, 2:20 PM

You got me.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1,600
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic