Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Finally saw the "choke hold" by Boulware
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 4,253

Finally saw the "choke hold" by Boulware

Oct 2, 2016, 10:25 AM

The way people outside of Clemson have been talking about it I was stunned at how mundane it actually looks when you see the play.

Boulware makes the tackle and kind of rolls through it and holds onto Jackson for about a second longer. Should he have let go sooner? Yeah probably. Was it a dirty and intentionally malicious play? #### no!

Much ado about nothing.

GO TIGERS!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some people are scared of big boy football.***

Oct 2, 2016, 10:31 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: Finally saw the "choke hold" by Boulware

Oct 2, 2016, 10:33 AM

It was just football and Laymar just over reacted.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looked like the the "Sleeper Hold"...

Oct 2, 2016, 11:21 AM

Johnny Weaver would have been proud! Funny, the Cards wanted a street fight, and now they are complaining that they got one...

exactly

Oct 2, 2016, 11:34 AM

and Boulware rolled through it because he had another player pushed into him. Take Jackson's (over)reaction out of the picture, and nobody would ever see anything wrong with it. Jackson's punch/shove to Boulware's neck looked worse than 'the choke'.

It was no worse than the UL DT that fell on Watson's leg....

Oct 2, 2016, 11:35 AM

...intentionally.

Big boy football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2016, 11:38 AM

Yep, I agree 100%. Besides, I've never seen a "choke hold" administered to someone's STERNUM.

I also believe that the whining by Ms. Jackson and accusations of "dirty play" by that scumbag Petrino handicapped our D's aggressiveness in the 2nd half and allowed Loserville to crawl back into it. Our D was gun shy after halftime, leading me to believe the officials sent a message to our locker room.

Bottom line, at the time of the "choke hold," little Lamar was just mad that they were losing and used that as an opportunity to go full clown. Just to be clear, Lamar Jackson threw a punch as he was getting up.....he should've been ejected.

Player not "down" when lying on top of another player ... So

Oct 2, 2016, 11:49 AM

... With Jackson basically lying on top of Boulware, how could he afford to just let go? Especially with a guy as athletic as Lamar Jackson.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's exactly what I saw. Jackson was not down, there

Oct 2, 2016, 1:21 PM

was a slim chance that he could have slid off and got back to his feet. Later, the crew calling the game noticed and commented on Bouleware helping Jackson up after a tackle.

Oct 2, 2016, 12:27 PM

Just rewatched it too... wow, it was not a big deal. Lamar overreacted, so did Herbstreit and Fowler, Petrino and others. I didn't even see Boulware flexing, although Herby said he was with "all his might".

He was upset he was losing, and I'm sure being held like that was annoying, but not dirty, and he got irate. He is a sophomore, and has some growing up to do. He lost his cool a couple times.

Oct 2, 2016, 12:34 PM

ESPIN showed LJ beating his helmet in pure frustration as he walked back to the locker room after the game. Personally UL got away with several "cheap" plays so it works both ways! UL will mark this game next year without a doubt.

Go Tigers!

It's called a tackle and you hold on for how long you want

Oct 2, 2016, 12:29 PM

For all BB knew, Jackson could have somehow rolled...

Oct 2, 2016, 12:34 PM

...over, jumped to his feet and run into the end zone. BB is laying there with LJ on top of him, not touching the ground. The runner is not down. If he didn't hear the whistle over the DV crowd, how is that his fault. I'm with BB on this one. Hold him down until the rest of the defense finishes him off until the whistle.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

that whiney Jackson better believe this happens at bottom of

Oct 2, 2016, 12:35 PM

Every pile in an NFL game. Everyone admits to it and experiences it. This kid better toughen up or he won't hack it at the next level.

What happens in the pile stays in the pile

Oct 2, 2016, 12:41 PM

Except for ball-grabbin... that #### ain't right

Oct 2, 2016, 12:43 PM

It was boulware making a tackle not letting that skinny slippery guy slip through. Lamar and card fans are just mad they got beat

There was a lot of stuff going on after the whistle

Oct 2, 2016, 12:49 PM

Oct 2, 2016, 12:58 PM

I thought it was nothing too. Jackson was on top of him, therefore not down. Jackson is slippery and fast. Once you get your hands on him.... Hold on until you hear the echo of the whistle..... Lest he gets loose and scores.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Oct 2, 2016, 1:05 PM

It's football. It's not a tickle fight. Jackson hasn't been hit all season, and he brayed like a mule because somebody finally challenged him. I love it that Boulware tackled him the very next play and let him know he wasn't going to let up, no matter how much Jackson whined about it.

Boulware opened the door

Oct 2, 2016, 1:37 PM

to the next 7 Louisville opponents to see just how easy it is to get into this kid's head...

Message was edited by: Memphis Tiger®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 4,253
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic