Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN3
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,530

ESPN3

Dec 31, 2017, 9:05 AM

Has espn3 sucked recently for anyone? Mine has been buffering every 20 seconds this entire bowl season. Espn better get their #### together before the game tomorrow

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPN3

Dec 31, 2017, 9:22 AM

Espn3 is an unmanaged over the top service so it’s more likely the issue is with your internet/Wifi service. Power cycle your router (turn off for 15 seconds) and see if that helps and try to reposition the router and antenna if signal strength at the tv is the issue. Also check WIFI (if that’s how connected) with an online WIFI speed test - espn3 uses Adaptive Bit Rate Vidéo encoding so it should adapt to lower bandwidth with lower quality video rather than buffering unless the WiFi speed is really low (<1 Mbps example). If using a Roku (or similar) you can also try power cycle it and also I have found leave and renter the espn3 app if all else fails. I hope this is helpful.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPN3

Dec 31, 2017, 9:46 AM

the watchespn app and ESPN3 suck

I have no trouble with DirectvNow, Netflix, Youtube, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Crackle, WWE network... I can't think of any other streaming services that I use.

I have a fireTV and the watchESPN app buffers every 30 seconds during a game, commercials play just fine.

Switch to a laptop and watch through a browser, plays fine for about 5 mins then the buffering starts

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,530
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic