»
Topic: Does Carman redshirt?
Replies: 10   Last Post: Jul 26, 2018 8:46 AM by: truetiger1998
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 10  

Does Carman redshirt?

[1]
Posted: Jul 25, 2018 10:34 PM

If he is practicing with the 3rd team and all of the veteran guys are basically cross training, do you just give him experience in 4 games & redshirt him?

Re: Does Carman redshirt?

[1]
Posted: Jul 25, 2018 10:43 PM

3rd team ? Link

on the front page, references "working with the third group"

Posted: Jul 25, 2018 11:20 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/story/football/The-latest-on-offensive-lineman-Jackson-Carman-17072

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Photobucket is holding my sig pic hostage. Screw them.

[2]
Posted: Jul 25, 2018 10:45 PM

I would think so, let him play Furman, Georgia southern and 2 ACC games. And call it a year for him. I don’t see him making a 2 deep at guard or tackle this year. Having a matured Jackson for the next 3-4 years would be HUGE

2020 student level member

I wouldn't waste the 4th RS game on Furman.

Posted: Jul 26, 2018 1:09 AM

Between fall camp and the season the light will surely come on for Carman through the process. Would rather see him get ready, hungry, and angry as we near the post-season when we'll most need OL depth.

2020 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

You want to save them because if the player gets ready

Posted: Jul 26, 2018 8:46 AM

towards end of season and you have attrition you want to be able to use them and not burn the shirt.

If its wasted on early games like Furman it may create an unnecessary situation.

[2]
Posted: Jul 25, 2018 10:48 PM

I think it depends on how he does in camp this fall and how he performs under the lights in the 4 games. He could definitely still pick up a second string spot and possibly a 1st string spot if it all clicks with him. He has all the talent an athletic ability to be one of the best in college football. He’s just young.

2020 white level member

“Let’s make the others want to be like us” Dabo Swinney!!

The best is yet to come!! I’m so grateful for Clemson Football going into the 2020’s

Correct answer.***

Posted: Jul 25, 2018 11:24 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Posted: Jul 26, 2018 6:53 AM

You nailed it..........

Bingo

Posted: Jul 26, 2018 7:15 AM

This was also him running 3rd team in the spring when I think even he would admit he was too heavy. Now that he’s dropped some weight, let’s see where he’s running in camp.

With some of the depth concerns coming at OL in 2019, I think getting him the most snaps possible while still keeping us in a position to win is probably the best plan. If he lives up to his potential, I don’t see him sticking around for 5 years anyway.

Posted: Jul 26, 2018 7:17 AM

If we knew he would stay 5 years it seems redshirt would be a good call. Just play him the 4 games.

2020 white level member

Replies: 10  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: Two for sale lower south sec:H row:II seats 13,15(about 18 yard line) about 10 steps below the porta...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1982 people have read this post