Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NFL ratings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1,429

NFL ratings

Oct 20, 2016, 11:27 AM

Who is not watching and why? Myself, only Cowboys games for the most part. Just tired of everything else that we have to put up with on Sun that has nothing to do with football. I see enough bad crap at work, on the news, on line,etc, I dont want to see it when I want to get away for a couple of hours and watch football. Js. Plus, not as fun as college.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I tend to only follow the Nick Ratings.***

Oct 20, 2016, 11:29 AM

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

Re: NFL ratings

Oct 20, 2016, 11:39 AM

I like to listen to Bill Cowher and the boys more than watching the game. Atleast they are entertaining.

Not watching cause of Kaepernick***

Oct 20, 2016, 11:41 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not watching cause of Kaepernick***

Oct 20, 2016, 12:08 PM

Radio this morning, espn moron robin lumburg said that that had nothing to do with it.

It's because all the panther fans vanished.

Oct 20, 2016, 12:09 PM

100s of thousands are gone.

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

Oct 20, 2016, 12:14 PM

My reasons for not watching the NFL:
1. I watch sports to for entertainment not political commentary or societal protest. It has gotten to the point where the NFL is no longer a safe haven from politics or political correctness.

2. The amount of NFL "pre-game" and "post-game" shows and their wind bag panels of commentators is nauseating. Can't stomach to watch them anymore... It's death by analysis. These panels spend more time talking about a particular game than the teams actually spend playing the game.

3. NFL teams trade players like my wife changes shoes. I find it difficult to have a favorite team when NFL rosters (with the exception of a "franchise" guy) completely flips from one year to the next.

4. Because of #3 above, NFL games are boring to me. The players have limited loyalty to their team organization because they know they are one injury or "x" amount of contract time from being traded or cut.

5. Because of #4 above, I just don't see the same passion for the game out of NFL players as I do college players. A lot of college players know they will never play in the NFL and yet pour their heart and soul out on the field for nothing other than personal and school/team pride. A lot of NFL players seem to just go through the motions and are content as long as they get a fat paycheck after the game.

I fully understand the NFL is a business, but for me, it's not a fun business to watch anymore.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1, what tabbyplague said!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^***

Oct 20, 2016, 12:22 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post!

Oct 20, 2016, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Re: NFL ratings ]

+1

^^this^^

Oct 20, 2016, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Re: NFL ratings ]

+1

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

doesnt college football also have a lot of pre and post game

Oct 20, 2016, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Re: NFL ratings ]

analysis as well?

If you watch sports for entertainment then you really

Oct 20, 2016, 3:14 PM [ in reply to Re: NFL ratings ]

should be against the National Anthem even being played before a game. It started as propaganda during the war; it really has no business at a sporting event anyway. Juss sayin

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you watch sports for entertainment then you really

Oct 20, 2016, 4:36 PM

Not really as the National Anthem has nothing to do with politics. There is no ulterior political message being made when the National Anthem is being played. Quite the opposite - the National Anthem is a tribute to the land of the free and home of the brave and to those who have sacrificed to keep us free. The National Anthem is for all US citizens to celebrate regardless of political affiliation, race, creed, or religion. That is why folks of all political and social persuasions (Democrat, Republican, Conservative, Liberal, Rich, and Poor...) have for ages stood shoulder to shoulder in unison and sang along when it is played.

Unfortunately, some spoiled rich guy and a merry band of simple minded followers in the NFL are attempting to co-opt the meaning of the National Anthem to make it about politics/social protest which is truly sad and in my opinion the wrong venue to address their grievances.

As for me - I refuse to let them demean and reduce the National Anthem to a social protest song. After spending 27 years in the Army and attending way too many memorial services for fallen comrades in combat - the National Anthem will forever be non-political. Instead it is a solemn moment that serves to remind me of the very real sacrifices I've seen America's sons and daughters make to ensure we can all enjoy some frivolous entertainment such as a football game. Juss sayin...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

couple of HOF posts sir. the simple clarity and honor

Oct 20, 2016, 9:25 PM

provided in your posts is something this country is in dire need of.

a lost, lost generation awaits more....

Re: couple of HOF posts sir. the simple clarity and honor

Oct 20, 2016, 9:42 PM

Not watching the NFL for same reason I no longer listen to rap or hip hop (at least modern day), it's become an idiocracy.

A bunch of grown men needing to behave like boys.

Think of Cam rolling all over the ground pouting when they were in the process of losing the super bowl. Odell Beckham hitting the kickers net only for it to fall on him. Ray rice punching a woman Mike Tyson style. Kaepernic needing attention so he kneels during recognition of our country and combat veterans. Not to mention the league suppressing the whole concussion thing. The list goes on.

I wouldn't allow my kid to watch the NFL, too many bad apples...and just not that entertaining.

Commercials are really starting to make it hard to watch football on tv.

Oct 20, 2016, 12:17 PM

That includes college as well.

Re: Commercials are really starting to make it hard to watch football on tv.

Oct 20, 2016, 12:23 PM

agreed - along with needless reviews that they sometime still miss

Haha couldn't agree more. Commercial time outs are...

Oct 20, 2016, 9:54 PM [ in reply to Commercials are really starting to make it hard to watch football on tv. ]

...ridiculous nowadays. Score TD, commercial break. Kick PAT, commercial break. Kickoff, commercial break. First incomplete pass, commercial break. Jeez.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

I'm not.....

Oct 20, 2016, 12:34 PM

here's why:

1 - Protests
2 - Lack of pageantry
3a - I like marching band interaction, not rap music blaring
3b - Same reason I won't go to live NFL games
4 - The guys I care about (former Clemson players) have stats or stories written when it's pertinent. If nothing is happening with our guys, I don't care....
5 - Was partial to Falcons before Panthers came along. NC Stadium and "Carolina" team. I'm from SC, and it wasn't the same. Felt like I should choose 1, and never did.
6 - Protests

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm not.....

Oct 20, 2016, 2:32 PM

NFL said they are trying to figure out why, how about ask the fans? Really dumb smart people sometimes.

Me. Games suck and couldnt care less about

Oct 20, 2016, 2:34 PM

Their political views. Oh, and waaaay too many commercials.

I'm not an alumnus of any NFL team, so I don't watch***

Oct 20, 2016, 2:35 PM

Just don't like the gameplay as much

Oct 20, 2016, 2:45 PM

I like the variety of offenses and styles in the college game. The NFL is a bunch of clones and because the talent is so equal all around, nobody stands out.

I also don't like fantasy football

Oct 20, 2016, 2:51 PM

and how it makes people care more about their fantasy team than it does their actual team

The NFL is trying to control too much of the game.

Oct 20, 2016, 7:17 PM

1) Too many penalties being called

2) Not enough consistency on the penalty calls

3) Excessive celebrations are called for the most ridiculous reasons.

4) Handling of league punishments are a joke. The way the Tom Brady situation was handles was stupid. Make a d@mn decision and move on. Shouldn't take a full year.

They should scrap Thursday night games.

Oct 20, 2016, 9:44 PM

They water it down by having it on so much.

Oct 20, 2016, 10:03 PM

For me, the krappernik knee issue. The inconsistency in penalties, (they call targeting when it's highly questionable but not when it's obvious) same with pass interference. Commercials. Roger Goodell is a snake in the grass and needs to hit the road. Just to name a few.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1,429
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic