Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Change my mind
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,241

Change my mind

Sep 24, 2018, 10:44 AM

I believe the best thing for Kelly's long term success would be to transfer to another school where he can fully showoff his talent. I don't think riding the pine at Clemson and playing 1/3 of each game is the best thing for his long term career when it wastes his last year of eligibility. Would it be great for Clemson if he played in every game? Probably benefits us come playoff time. But even if he decided to redshirt to preserve his eligibility he'd still be on the sideline this year in the event that Trevor has a serious injury and could make a decision then as well. In my opinion the best thing for both Clemson and KB is for him to plan to redshirt to preserve one more year elsewhere while still reserving the right to play if TL goes down.

Change my mind.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Change my mind

Sep 24, 2018, 11:03 AM

What talent would KB be showing off next year? That he is an above-average college quarterback? I think that has been proven already. Another year of quarterbacking at his current level is not going to be of any benefit to anyone. There are a lot of above-average college quarterbacks that don't make it in the NFL unfortunately. So, first KB would have to be willing to move to a different position to show off his talent at that position to make the extra year of any benefit to him. He would have to choose a school that he would know without a doubt that he would be THE MAN at that position. If he moved to another school and position and was the back-up, he would be in the exact same or worse position than he would be in at the end of this current season. It's a gamble either way and at least sticking with what he is doing this year allows him to enjoy his senior year and participate on a potential national-championship winning team. Who wouldn't want to do that - it's something only a minuscule percentage of people ever have the opportunity to do!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Change my mind

Sep 24, 2018, 12:33 PM

We're talking about what is in the best interests of KB's long term career (of course only KB can determine that but it's fun to speculate). Your point about "what he is doing this year allows him to enjoy his senior year and participate on a potential national-championship winning team" is moot. Even if he plans to redshirt he would still be a part of this team. He just wouldn't play in anymore games.

As far as having to move to a new position or stay at QB that's solely on KB but I believe he's a great QB and could possibly improve his passing ability with the right QB coach and system elsewhere. He will be a part of this team in 2018 no matter what and will enjoy any success it has. The question now becomes, is it more beneficial for KB to play in additional games and end his college career as a backup or sit out the rest of our games (unless TL goes down with serious injury) preserving the right to play here or elsewhere next year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,241
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic