Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hypothetical question... What if Chad Kelly somehow leads
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Hypothetical question... What if Chad Kelly somehow leads

Sep 14, 2015, 9:49 PM

His team to the division title.... Does this make Dabo look a little foolish or not?

I'm not saying Dabo was wrong for sending him packing , but it sure has to draw conversation if Chad goes to the SEC and wins big.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not. Dabo wants to win with men of character, not a whiny prima donna #####

Sep 14, 2015, 9:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I'll take class and character that stand for something!

Sep 14, 2015, 9:51 PM

And oh by the way, we have Watson....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll take class and character that stand for something!

Sep 14, 2015, 9:53 PM

Well I'd take Watson for sure but Kelly would have been a nice reserve in case of an emergency.

Chad was always a problem

Sep 14, 2015, 10:00 PM

Even after getting kicked out of one high school ,Dabo still gave him a chance of coming to Clemson. After a Redshirt year and a RS Freshman year, he still hadn't matured. I have to guess that for you to make this post, you really don't know what all transpired his last week or 2 at Clemson.If you did, you'd know that it just wasn't a blow up at the spring game and a blow up in the coaches office. You'd know it was much more.

Re: Chad was always a problem

Sep 14, 2015, 10:02 PM

I agree that I'm most likely short on all the facts.

Re: Chad was always a problem

Sep 15, 2015, 12:13 AM

I'd agree that you may be short more than just facts for posting this tripe. This was 100% on Kelly. No one else. He showed his lack of class before Clemson. At Clemson. And couldn't keep his nose clean after he supposedly got things turned around. Only by the grace of God, a generous Judge, a high priced lawyer, and an apparently desperate HC he where he is today. 3 strikes usually means you are out. Hope he keeps his nose clean and makes good. Somehow I doubt he will be able to. You know, the character thing again.

I wish him well, normally I feel once a Tiger, always a Tiger. But HE burned that bridge with his attitude after he left.

Wonder how "Hotty Toddy" sounds with an upstate NY accent?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all his success, his highest salary was $25,000 a year. The president of the university, Dr. R. F. Poole, feared that professors who earned less would be upset. "He called me up and said that he didn't want me to tell anybody what I made," Howard once said. "I said: 'Doc, you don't have to worry. I'm as ashamed as you are of what you pay me.' " - Frank Howard Obituary, New York Times, 01/27/1996

wht about the class and character part??***

Sep 14, 2015, 10:01 PM [ in reply to Re: I'll take class and character that stand for something! ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hypothetical question... What if Chad Kelly somehow leads

Sep 14, 2015, 9:53 PM

Personally, I think that CM had issues with CK, and I don't think those two characters would have ever made it in the same kitchen!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2015, 9:55 PM

No. Even if Kelly becomes the best QB in CFB history, it was the right move. It may have even helped Kelly in the long run.

I compare it to the Falcons letting Favre go. He was drunk or high the entire time in Atlanta. Letting him go probably saved his career as it served as a wake up call.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2015, 9:57 PM

That's an excellent point. You are most likely right.

Here's The Deal...........

Dabo dismissing Chad is one of the main reasons Chad is having success. It's called an eye opener and/or a life lesson. If Dabo would have kept playing around with Chad it would have ruined the young man. The Kelley family owes Dabo big time. Wish the guy the best of luck.

THIS!***

Sep 14, 2015, 11:01 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

ESPN Annoucers during ole miss game

made a few comments that Clemson knew Chad was talented but his own actions were the reason Dabo dismissed him. Also said that Chad was still dealing with his attitude problems and needed to get it together. So no, no one will say anything about Dabo kicking him out if by some luck Mississippi wins the conference with Chad at the helm. After all the chances he was given there was no other option for Clemson than to dismiss him from the team.

Kelly is not fit to hold DW's jock strap***

Sep 14, 2015, 9:58 PM

If he had any self control

he'd be an excellent backup for us.

^^^Exactly

Sep 14, 2015, 11:38 PM

That's exactly the reason we struggled with Stoudt last year and dealing with a wobbly Schuessler this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kelly is not fit to hold DW's jock strap***

Sep 14, 2015, 10:09 PM [ in reply to Kelly is not fit to hold DW's jock strap*** ]

Why Would he even want too?

Sep 14, 2015, 10:01 PM

Don't think he looks foolish at all. Makes him look like a person of higher character than we thought. He puts what is best for the team and what is right over winning.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The BIGGEST tell tale sign of trouble with him ?

Did Morris ever try to lure him to SMU ?

Re: The BIGGEST tell tale sign of trouble with him ?

Sep 14, 2015, 10:03 PM

Not to my knowledge....

Dabo wish him well and We should too

Sep 14, 2015, 10:03 PM

He crossed the line that Dabo couldn't let go without losing the respect of the team. I hope he does well. All of us made stupid mistakes as a teenager and turned our lives around. I smoked weed and would drink and drive when I was in college. It's only a miracle that I never hurt anyone or got in trouble. I'm so thankful I trusted God to change my life. I thank the people that stood up and disciplined me. Otherwise I may have kept it up until I hurt myself or someone else.

I hope Chad does well but not his team because they try to recruit every guy Clemson likes.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

No, because 2nd string is not an option for Chad Kelly ...

Sep 14, 2015, 10:05 PM

Even though by sticking around at Clemson, he probably would have been the starter for much of last season, he didn't know that.

All he saw was a permanent road block in front of him in the form of Deshaun Watson.

Chad Kelly did what was best for Chad Kelly ... and honestly, no matter what happens to/for Kelly in the future, he did what was best for Clemson too.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2nd string is not an option for Chad Kelly ...

Sep 14, 2015, 10:08 PM

while he may have been frustrated b/c he wasnt named the starter, he did not choose to leave.

And no, it wasnt a mutual agreement either.

Maybe his "choice" was to put himself in a position to be

Sep 14, 2015, 10:12 PM

shown the door. He "chose" to be a Jack A$$ ...

Either way, it will be the best thing for him and for Clemson down the road.

He was never going to start for Clemson as long as Deshaun Watson was healthy.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama Ends That Hypothetical Saturday***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

I'm sure if we ran the kind of program FSU runs, Kelly would have been a great fit for our #2 QB. But Dabo cares as much about turning these young men in to grown men with character as he does about winning.

I also agree with the others that said this was good for Kelly. If he goes through life being rewarded for his immaturity and bad choices he would only get worse. If he's successful at Ole Miss he owes Dabo a big 'thank you' someday.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for erasing any doubt.***

Sep 14, 2015, 10:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Sep 14, 2015, 10:13 PM

No it doesn't. What a stupid question. Stupid question... stupid conversation.

Sep 14, 2015, 10:14 PM

I won't even dignify that question with an answer.

Sep 14, 2015, 11:16 PM

I seem to recall he got in a fistfight with a baseball player on the First day of classes .,

I knew then he would not make a Tiger ,., They played two cupcakes ,. wait until they play a defense ,.,. interception king .,

Once they hit a rough patch and some adversity he will flip out on

Sep 14, 2015, 10:53 PM

somebody and get suspended. I will be really surprised if he makes it thru the whole season without a tantrum somewhere.
I always thought he had a mental issue. Not trying to be funny either.

Would not want him. Period. Never. Get it ?***

Sep 14, 2015, 11:18 PM

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Solid troll and timely hypothetical after 2 fcs foes, wk before bama stomps that @ss***

Sep 14, 2015, 11:25 PM

Oh, btw scjr is 0-1 in sec play. Only game vs UK. Fragile Mitch out 4 year. NOT GOOD.***

Sep 14, 2015, 11:27 PM

Sep 15, 2015, 12:26 AM

Hypothetical question... How do you feel about employing a full-time handler/supervisor to watch every move a backup QB makes because he's likely to do something stupid, rash, arrogant, or some combination of the above?

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic