Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question for you guys
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1,848

Question for you guys

Oct 17, 2012, 7:39 PM

VT is having a down year (arguably our worst year in the last 20). Does that affect your ability to enjoy the game? Would you rather go into this game expecting a win over a rebuilding VT team or have it be more of a 50-50 game against a better Hokie squad?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question for you guys

Oct 17, 2012, 7:46 PM

I think winning all the games while not having 90% of the conference suck out loud is preferred.

I would rather you guys have 1 or no losses

Oct 17, 2012, 7:53 PM

like i expected at the beginning of the year. from a fun stand point that is. from a competitive standpoint i'd rather you be just good enough not to beat us. lol

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Oct 17, 2012, 7:54 PM

and here is a point. use it wisely young padawan. ;)

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

I just want to win !! *****

Oct 17, 2012, 7:55 PM

I don't give a rats butt about VT and don't care if they

Oct 17, 2012, 7:56 PM

come in 0-6 or 1-5

I just care that Clemson wins regardless of the university or their record

Every team wants a deserved win

Oct 17, 2012, 7:58 PM

So as long as y'all push us to be on point the whole game, and motivate us to play hard and the fans (for both teams) to see a good game, a win is a win.

Clemson

Oct 17, 2012, 8:37 PM

As for myself, I would much rather see a very competitive VT coming into DV. I hate that people will say well, Clemson beat up on a down VT. And if VT puts up a fight of their season and make it a close one. Then people will say that Clemson barely beat a down VT team. So I would rather them come in clicking on all 22 and making us have to give our best to win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You still have a good team and I expect a very tough

Oct 17, 2012, 8:43 PM

game. Too many athletes and too much depth to overlook. It will be a struggle.

Honestly I would always prefer to see Clemson beat a good

Oct 17, 2012, 8:46 PM

team than a crappy team. With a caveat...

You see, after the last time y'all came to the valley and put on your little display before the game started, I have always rooted for VT to lose every game they play. So for most teams, I'd rather them be good. For VT, I'd rather you come to DV winless.

Nothing personal, unless you were one of the ones doing the little turkey chants during our alma mater. If so, feel free to take it personally.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

^^^ has difficulty sharing his feelings.***

Oct 17, 2012, 8:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the ACC needs VT, CU, FSU and Miami to be good every year.***

Oct 17, 2012, 8:50 PM [ in reply to Honestly I would always prefer to see Clemson beat a good ]

because vpi is lifetime 1-25 against top competition?

Oct 17, 2012, 8:52 PM

that's as good as it gets.

the hokie hiers might be the most overblown program in the history of college football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No they don't. The ACC needs a couple teams every year

Oct 17, 2012, 9:05 PM [ in reply to the ACC needs VT, CU, FSU and Miami to be good every year.*** ]

to be really good. There is no reason the ACC needs VT to be good every year. Especially with the new playoff format.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

No, it wouldn't have been me.

Oct 17, 2012, 9:24 PM [ in reply to Honestly I would always prefer to see Clemson beat a good ]

the military brought me to OH (hence the name) and I rarely get the chance to make it to VT games, though I'm told Clemson is the best away game environment in the ACC.

I just know that in general, when we're good, we'd rather you guys be good as well since the ACC really only ever offers us two marquee opponents (you and FSU).

Re: No, it wouldn't have been me.

Oct 17, 2012, 9:25 PM

Um, did it really "bleep out" the word that sounds like "mar-Key"?

It has something to do with html code and that word being a

Oct 17, 2012, 9:29 PM

programming word. I don't know, some nerdy GT fan can probably explain it.

At least we can agree on one thing...the ACC sucks ballz and I hate it.

From a perception standpoint

Oct 17, 2012, 8:54 PM

Its a lose, lose game for us. VT is the worst theyve been in 20 years so if the game is close, its because both teams suck. If its a blowout win for Clemson, no one will care because VT sucks out loud. VT wins, both teams suck.

Now why, as a fan, would I be excited about this game?

Oct 17, 2012, 9:03 PM

I wish VT were sorry as Duke every year.

Oct 18, 2012, 12:19 AM

DUKE AIN'T SO SORRY THIS YEAR....

Nobody cares in few year from now how good or bad VT

Oct 18, 2012, 12:21 AM

was in 2012. All that would matter is a WIN! so it doesn't matter what is previous record for VT is.

Although if VT was 1-loss or undefeated then we could be having an amazing night game at DV instead of a nooner.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1,848
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic