Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question for y’all recruiting insiders:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Question for y’all recruiting insiders:

Apr 2, 2018, 4:34 PM

I know it’s early still but we don’t seem to be in the race with as many highly touted recruits as we have been in recent years. So that’s led me to wonder who are the best guys we are still in the running for? Obviously Crouch and Pickens are high on our radar but who else are we looking at? Hope to have a successful big class this year!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question for y’all recruiting insiders:

Apr 2, 2018, 4:46 PM

Nolan Smith who is committed to UGA is still highly interested and a 5 star, Frank Ladson a 5 star receiver has us as his favorite. Currently a lot of our recruits are rated low but will rise don't expect these no star guys to be your average joe holding offers from Clemson, Bama UGA etc so it's a bit skewed at the moment. We have the top rated kicker already committed and we're going after others for depth don't expect us to stay under the radar once the season starts, we currently aren't doing officials over the summer and other schools are so a lot of kids haven't been able to get on campus yet but will during the year and that will change a lot.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Expect Jaelyn Lay to rise quickly from his three star...

Apr 2, 2018, 6:40 PM

He has looked good in camps and his current pictures on Rivals had my wife and daughter drooling.

Re: Expect Jaelyn Lay to rise quickly from his three star...

Apr 2, 2018, 7:02 PM

Looks kinda slow to be a 220 lb TE, but has excellent hands.

Re: Expect Jaelyn Lay to rise quickly from his three star...

Apr 2, 2018, 7:05 PM [ in reply to Expect Jaelyn Lay to rise quickly from his three star... ]

Hey that's someone's son!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question for y’all recruiting insiders:

Apr 2, 2018, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Question for y’all recruiting insiders: ]

Meh, It’s so early. Dabs and staff recruit well and they have more schollys this time around. Be surprised if Clemson doesn’t have a top 3 class and all the early chicken littles like you don’t end up looking foolish, IMHO

Pickens and family all

Apr 2, 2018, 5:13 PM

big time chicken fans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pickens and family all

Apr 2, 2018, 5:35 PM

So was Xavier Thomas's family.

Some have been down on all the ‘19 recruits

Apr 2, 2018, 7:35 PM

Compared to previous years. Some legit guys are Nolan Smith, Owen Pappoe, Frank Ladson, and Q. Crouch. There are some other good ones but not as many as previous years.

With that being said we lead with Crouch and Ladson. Two 5 legit 5 Star guys.

We are also targeting some under the radar guys like Zander’s a safety out of Shelby, Constantin a LB from under LSU nose , and Colby Wooden a DE out of GA.

Obviously we are also high on the big time recruits too: Pickens, Sam Howell (QB) and a lot of 4 * Olinemen.

I think by Spring Game we should see a few commits or at least shortly after. Should be 30 man class. They all won’t be 4 and 5* but they will all be Clemson men.

Actually, we're in it with some major prospects

Apr 2, 2018, 9:27 PM

For starters, we're in it with two of the top recruits in this class. You've probably already heard about elite RB/LB Quavaris Crouch but we also lead for arguably the top WR in this class in Joseph Ngata (6-3 180) of Folsom, CA. He was in Clemson recently and we left quite an impression on him. One quick look at his film and you'll see what makes him so special. Landing him is absolutely a possibility at this time.

Speaking of California prospects, LB Spencer Lytle (6-3 215) holds over 40 offers but he's most excited about visiting Clemson soon and will do so this weekend. “Really looking forward to everything about it,” he said. “I can’t wait to get out there and spend time with the coaches and watch practice. Right now, I’m thinking Clemson is going to be in my top schools."

A few WR's not to be forgotten include WR Frank Ladson (6-4 180) of Miami, FL (who has Clemson in his Top 5), WR Jayshawn Sheffield (6-2 185) of Georgia, and WR Lance Wilhoite (6-2 180) from Tennessee. WR Ramel Keyton (6-2 180) of Marietta, GA also has Clemson in his top group.

LB Keith Maguire (6-2 215) holds over 20 offers, including ones from Ohio State Bama, Clemson and Notre Dame, and he'll be in town some time this week.

Many folks keep looking past the fact that we hold a commitment from stud safety Joseph Charleston (6-2 190) of Alpharetta, GA. Charleston is certainly one of the tops at his position in this class and he could end up being one of our hardest hitting recruits of recent memory. He plays with an edge so one would figure he'll fit right in coach Venables scheme.

Hogansville, GA lineman Keiondre Jones (6-4 310) holds Clemson in high regard as does star OL OT Harry Miller (6-4 300) of Buford, GA. Clemson recently made Miller's top 5 list. Pennsylvania-native Andrew Kristofic (6-5 270) holds over 25 offers and he's slated to be in town on Friday.

There seems to be much talk about Zacch Pickens (6-3 250) being a gamecock-lock but I'm not certain about that at all. One media outlet went so far as to say they were the one's to beat for him and his family did not appreciate that publication at all. A top group of Pickens' may consist of Georgia, Bama, Clemson, south carolina and Florida State- just as speculation though.

A commitment from QB Sam Howell (6-1 220) of Monroe, NC wouldn't surprise me at all because many feel that's the way he's leaning. Howell is also looking to end his recruitment soon and all indications point towards us. I also wouldn't be shocked if we pick up a verbal from star DB Andrew Booth (6-0 180) of Lawrenceville, GA. Landing both of these elite players would be huge for us and luckily that's the way it appears at this time.

Re: Actually, we're in it with some major prospects

Apr 2, 2018, 10:00 PM

That’s awesome. Thanks !

Apr 2, 2018, 10:08 PM [ in reply to Actually, we're in it with some major prospects ]

Mr. Bry dropping knowledge. +1. Thank you sir!

Apr 2, 2018, 10:58 PM [ in reply to Actually, we're in it with some major prospects ]

Best answer possible! Thank you sir

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 2, 2018, 11:59 PM [ in reply to Actually, we're in it with some major prospects ]

Bry, you never disappoint. Thanks man.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic