Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
QB DeShaun Watson recruited hard by Ohio State
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 2,286

QB DeShaun Watson recruited hard by Ohio State

Sep 12, 2012, 2:46 PM

From Ohio State sports website: http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Article/Urban-Meyer-Wants-DeShaun-Watson-To-Give-OSU-A-Shot-89964

Meyer Wants QB To Give Him A Shot

When it comes to recruiting (and probably a lot of other things), Urban Meyer has an almost never say die attitude. Buckeye Nation saw it last winter when Meyer took over at the helm of the Ohio State football program.

Meyer was able to flip the commitments of over a half dozen key prospects from other schools to Ohio State. While a little of that had to do with Meyer coming in late and not getting to recruit those prospects before they committed elsewhere, don’t discount it happening again with the class of 2014 with perhaps a prospect or two.

One of the committed prospects Meyer is going after is Clemson quarterback commitment DeShaun Watson. Watson committed to Clemson on Feb. 1, but the Buckeyes are still very much involved.

Watson calls and talks to either Meyer or Ohio State offensive coordinator Tom Herman or both almost every week. Watson also watched some of the Ohio State-Miami of Ohio game on TV.

“I like the offense (Ohio State) runs,” Watson said. “I like how they run everything. Their offense is like my high school’s offense.”

Watson was also impressed with Buckeye quarterback Braxton Miller.

“He’s real good,” Watson said. “He has some speed and he’s becoming more of a passer.”

Meyer and Herman want Watson to visit Ohio State and see the Buckeyes play in person, and Watson is talking about perhaps the Ohio State-Michigan game in late November.

“They want me to come up and give them a shot,” Watson said. “I want to make a visit up there and see how the campus is and how game-day is. I told them I’ll try my best to get to a game. Me, my family and my coaches are working on it.”

The 6-foot-1 and 183-pound Watson, a varsity starter since his freshman year, passed for 1,759 yards and 17 touchdowns his freshman season and 3,234 yards with 41 touchdowns his sophomore season. He rushed for 500 yards his first season as a starter and 1,073 yards and 16 touchdowns last season.

Watson is a 4-star prospect in the 247Sports rankings. He is the No. 4 dual threat quarterback, the country’s No. 111 overall prospect and the No. 5 prospect in the state of Georgia.

Kurelic’s Comment: Getting Watson on campus would be the first step towards a flip. It won’t be easy, but if Watson actually attends an OSU game this one could get very interesting.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GAAHHHHH EFF Urban Meyer always poaching on us!!

Sep 12, 2012, 2:52 PM

dikk

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: QB DeShaun Watson recruited hard by Ohio State

Sep 12, 2012, 6:04 PM

This kid lives within 75 miles of Clemson, and even though he has been looking at others offers and will continue to do so , he is not going anywhere. Chad has him all sewn up..they are buds .

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 2,286
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic