Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ever have the moments of clarity that are so sobering ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 524

Ever have the moments of clarity that are so sobering ?

Oct 15, 2018, 2:30 PM

Not you 7spots

Went to pick up lunch, the guy in front of me had the white socks/white New Balances combo. Chuckled to myself, because, sterotype, right ?

I wondering how many grandkids the poor sap has, he turned around, and he looked like he was my age.

I give you all permission to put me out of my misery if you see me doing any such desperate measures.

I just stood there for a moment

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol. I had a moment of clarity a few years ago

Oct 15, 2018, 2:38 PM

Much more significant than that though. And did not like the clarity given. Oh well. You live and you learn.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He might not be beyond redemption though.

Oct 15, 2018, 2:40 PM

I mean, he wasn't so far gone that he was wearing something that would lead you to believe he coached girls soccer was he?

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Find.The.Nearest.Cliff.***

Oct 15, 2018, 2:48 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well

Oct 15, 2018, 4:17 PM [ in reply to He might not be beyond redemption though. ]

were his jorts carpenter jorts?***

Oct 15, 2018, 2:42 PM

At some point you decide

Oct 15, 2018, 2:43 PM

Feeling comfortable is more important that how you look like or what others think of you.

That, my friends, is true freedom.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

you sound old

Oct 15, 2018, 2:45 PM

are you old?

I've only met three billionaires

Oct 15, 2018, 3:27 PM

And all three of them were casually dressed. One was wearing camo and was driving a beat up suburban. One was sitting on the tailgate of a Ford pickup truck wearing jeans and a camo shirt, and the other was wearing jeans and a regular t-shirt. All were easily approachable and friendly.

The whole "dress for success" thing is way overblown, especially today. Dress nice, but comfortable. And be comfortable yourself. That's what's important.

Had a lawyer (customer) once complain that I was not dressed formally enough when interviewing someone. First off, I requested that he not even be present for the interview since his presence alone would be detrimental to free and open conversation. He refused. Then I show up at his office as does the interviewee. He's wearing a freaking business suit. Dressed to the nines. I'm rolling my eyes, and I really didn't care if he saw it or not. I was wearing khakis and a knit polo-type shirt (minus the logo), and my work Sperry's which are cleaner than the ones I use in the yard.

Anyway, woman was icy cold with the attorney, but I was still able to get her to open up and give me the needed information. Lawyer said I should have dressed better. I told him if I dressed like him, she wouldn't have said a word to either of us.

One billionaire I spoke with had his lawyer come to the meeting for the statement. His lawyer was dressed to the nines. It was funny because in that situation he was obviously trying to intimidate me. He didn't get the memo that no one intimidates me. Ever. His client, billionaire I interviewed, lied in his statement. His lawyer became visibly uncomfortable when I got around to asking the important question. Dude had been briefed. Still, didn't matter since had he told the truth it would still be difficult to prove he was negligent anyway. Interesting thing about this billionaire's lawyer. He's the registered agent for the LLC which "owns" the billionaire's home. He had his lawyer set up an LLC and list himself as the owner to shield his assets from liability. Billionaire and his lawyer would not say who owned the LLC that owned the house and property, but I already knew. This lawyer has almost 100 LLC's registered in SC.

Anyway, unless I'm meeting with a CEO or some executive for a customer, their board, their reinsurers or auditors, or to testify in court, weddings/funerals, something like that, I always dress casually. And even then that's only in a business meeting. One day I'll tell the story about when we entertained some BCBS reinsurers from New Jersey with a pig picking at the inlaws' lake house.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiggity investigates insurance fraud

Oct 15, 2018, 3:33 PM

probably on behalf of some big-moneyed, cash cow insurance company.

Billy likes to drink soda.

Oct 15, 2018, 3:36 PM

Ms. Lippy's car is blue.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More than one

Oct 15, 2018, 4:12 PM [ in reply to Tiggity investigates insurance fraud ]

Not really sure how many, but somewhere north of 50 I'd say. It's odd, but our customers are lawyers, but they're not really. Company has a claim and a worker is injured. Their insurance company gets a claim. Adjuster hires a lawyer to defend the claim. Lawyer hires me for a very specific but important task. I report to the lawyer and cc the adjuster. Lawyer forwards my bill to the same insurance company that pays him/her. Insurance company pays us. Sometimes I never even speak with the adjuster, who is technically my customer.

The way I see it, Commissioners are my "customers". If they're satisfied with my work, then my customer is too. And if a Commissioner has an issue with a report, it's not from an error but from an omission. And that only happens once. Once brought to my attention, whatever wasn't done previously, will ALWAYS be done in the future. That's actually how my job has gotten harder and harder over the years.

Anyone want a job, I'm hiring. ;)

By the way, anyone connected in the statehouse want an important law to propose? How about requiring county probate courts to require proof that prior marriages ended (with a death certificate or a divorce decree) before issuing a subsequent marriage license? As it stands now, if you go apply for a marriage license and indicate it's your 3rd marriage, they just take you at your word that the prior two marriages ended. Probably 3-4 times a year this becomes a problem in my work. Statewide there are probably well over 1,000 marriages that are not valid, maybe more than that just by expanding the numbers from my tiny sample. OTHER STATES (GA and VA I know) require this. SC does not.

uh

Oct 15, 2018, 3:38 PM [ in reply to I've only met three billionaires ]

so none of them were wearing white new balances with white socks?

Negative. Two of the three had just been hunting.***

Oct 15, 2018, 4:13 PM

No one intimidates you? Ever?

Oct 15, 2018, 3:49 PM [ in reply to I've only met three billionaires ]

Guess that confirms you've never been next to me at one of the old Death Valley pee troughs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water sure was cold, and the drains could really get some

Oct 15, 2018, 3:51 PM

suction on that nutsaq, amirite?

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You think I look or something?

Oct 15, 2018, 4:14 PM [ in reply to No one intimidates you? Ever? ]

And where I sit there are urinals.

What if your not doing it, but we sense that you're about

Oct 15, 2018, 2:49 PM

to start doing it? Cool to run you over then?

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this is one of those 'for the good of society' things, where

Oct 15, 2018, 2:50 PM

there's probably no real recourse to your actions, so i'd say go ahead and do it.

It's either lock him up in a padded room to live the rest of

Oct 15, 2018, 2:53 PM

his days eating crayons and groping the male nurses, who eventually have enough of it and smother him with a pillow one evening after he ##### the bed AGAIN, or just get it over with next Sunday.

Who, may I ask, is the TRUE victim here?

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One option is a burden on the middle class tax payers

Oct 15, 2018, 2:54 PM

the other is running him over.

i think this debate has been settled.

This is my every day

Oct 15, 2018, 3:00 PM

Except with ankles

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

How'd you get that big boil on the back of your achilles?***

Oct 15, 2018, 3:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Burger King womens bathroom***

Oct 15, 2018, 3:10 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

I once got busy in a burger king bathroom.

Oct 15, 2018, 3:46 PM

I'm crazy
Allow me to amaze thee
They say I'm ugly but it just don't faze me
I'm still gettin' in the girls' pants
And I even got my own dance

don't be laughing bout no stepdad shoes now...***

Oct 15, 2018, 3:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was he drunk?

Oct 15, 2018, 4:12 PM

Cause...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He didn't look like 7spots

Oct 15, 2018, 4:26 PM

but he was eating a softserve ice cream cone for lunch

Replies: 27
| visibility 524
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic