Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Observations from b-ball game yesterday....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 709

Observations from b-ball game yesterday....

Jan 1, 2020, 10:06 AM

First time at the renovated Littlejohn...been several years since we went to a game due to distance...

- Was an enjoyable experience as a fan...we were there early and were encouraged to move down to student sideline seating...the kids loved that.

As far as the game goes....

The good:

- Simms had a great game. Good leadership and hustle from him.

- Trapp being on the floor helps steady the team...it’s good that he is back.

- In 2nd half, we had some nice passing and actually went to the basket, cut to the basket, got it to Simms in the post, etc. More of that..less of chucking up 3s, please.

- Rebounding was good.

- Although an opponent, seeing G Chris Lykes from Miami play was a treat. That guy is a baller.

- I thought the team played extremely hard. No question there. Miami is a decent team...though I suspect they may be a NIT team or maybe a bubble team...the type of team you need to beat at home.

The bad:

- We executed the patented ‘lead the whole game, lose at very end’ thing again. At least as a fan, you don’t feel the loss until the very end.

- Out of timeouts, Miami would execute and score. Typically we would not.

- Anytime the lead went to 10...we squandered it way too quickly.

- We need a zone buster and don’t have one.

- At the end of games, we manage to slip, fall, throw up bad shots, etc. This is not new, unfortunately.

- When Miami called timeout, up 5 at the end of OT with 2 seconds left...Brownell got into some sort of verbal exchange, petty staring contest with a Miami assistant...he did not go to the Clemson huddle. Not sure what the deal was...but that’s not a good look.

I will say that this was one of the better games Clemson has played to date...but they just didn’t finish well. I think this team will win some conference games...but I haven’t seen enough of other teams to put a number on it. Maybe we get 6?
Hopefully we can play with a full deck at some point....the injuries are not helping.
All in all...we had a great time...always good to be in Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good college teams have a couple of legit shooters-scorers.

Jan 1, 2020, 10:23 AM

Sometimes this skill set “blossoms” in college but predominantly these talents are clearly evident in HS.

The evaluation of hidden HS BB scoring talent is crucial for programs like Clemson given that our likelihood of landing top 40 talent in low. But there’s a lot of players each year going to non-power 5 schools that could excel as scorers at Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 709
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic