Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OSU investigation coming to an end?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

OSU investigation coming to an end?

Aug 10, 2018, 2:20 PM

https://247sports.com/Article/Ohio-State-football-Lynn-Bruce-mother-of-Zach-Smith-tells-her-side-of-story-120536920/

Throughout the story I've been a little weary about the whole thing due to the validity of the accuser being an ex wife and going to an ex reporter. Initially of course I took her word with the pictures being pretty clear evidence of wrong doing. As the investigation kept on and a decision wasn't made I started thinking that maybe they can't find anything definitive proving one side or another or OSU is just that dirty. But after reading this I find it could be OSU's get out of jail free pass.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we’re all a little weary of it.

Aug 10, 2018, 2:26 PM

It sounds though that you may have been wary of it too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think we’re all a little weary of it.

Aug 10, 2018, 6:02 PM

And leery.

Re: OSU investigation coming to an end?

Aug 10, 2018, 2:37 PM

And you feel that the mother of the wife beater is a good source of objective information? And her father is also probably guilty of covering up... very guilty in fact.

Aug 10, 2018, 2:49 PM

The mother of the victim also says she doesn't believe it and has heard her say she was going to get her revenge for him cheating... Read the article not just the title.

Meyer isn't in trouble for beating any1...especially clemson

Aug 10, 2018, 2:40 PM

He is in Trouble for lying.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: OSU investigation coming to an end?***

Aug 10, 2018, 2:42 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2018, 2:55 PM

so why did they fire him? And Brett McMurphy is not an ex-reporter. He is a current reporter.

OSU and Urban Meyer are filthy separately. They are scum together. IMO Zach Smith was Urban's bagman and thats why he wasnt fired the first time. I just hope the whole thing runs Urban out of coaching.

Aug 10, 2018, 3:15 PM

What’s a Bouleware?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Aug 10, 2018, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Re: OSU investigation coming to an end? ]

so why did they fire him? And Brett McMurphy is not an ex-reporter. He is a current reporter.

OSU and Urban Meyer are filthy separately. They are scum together. IMO Zach Smith was Urban's bagman and thats why he wasnt fired the first time. I just hope the whole thing runs Urban out of coaching.

I will say that Zach Smith is not a known bagman.

For what it's worth, I've actually never heard so much as a real whiff of recruiting impropriety about Urban Meyer or his staff. He's aggressive, a highly negative recruiter, and more than a little cutthroat...but dirty? He's just never had that reputation...unlike, say, most of the Saban-tree guys in the SEC.

Aug 10, 2018, 3:38 PM

You may be right but he left Florida with known gang members on its team. Is he recruiting higher character kids this go round? I highly doubt it considering he did re-hire Zach Smith after taking a year or so off. To each their own, but Im no fan of Urban Meyer and hope he has coached his last game.

Aug 10, 2018, 3:54 PM

Why do you dislike him so much? Even if he gave troubled kids a shot and it backfired on both he still gave them a shot. He can't control their wrongdoings, he can only attempt to guide them away from it.

Aug 10, 2018, 6:07 PM

"Giving them a shot" seems like a poor characterization of Urban Meyer's history. It's been more about not having any sort of standards. There was more than just Hernandez while he was at UF. Percy Harvin basically assaulted the receivers coach and was not disciplined and the running back they had, Bobby Rainey I think, had a long list of issues and was never disciplined. I think some of Rainey's issues may have included domestic battery as well.

He gets all self-righteous in front of a camera but Urban's only standards have always been; can you play?

Aug 10, 2018, 4:02 PM [ in reply to Re: OSU investigation coming to an end? ]

You may be right but he left Florida with known gang members on its team. Is he recruiting higher character kids this go round? I highly doubt it considering he did re-hire Zach Smith after taking a year or so off. To each their own, but Im no fan of Urban Meyer and hope he has coached his last game.

Yeah. It's one of the big knocks on Meyer. He actually comes across as personally fastidious in his own comportment - he's a careful, methodical guy, who has been an outspoken advocate of severe NCAA punishments for guys who knowingly and willfully break NCAA rules - but when it comes to the behavior of his locker rooms...he's acted very differently. Especially at Florida he turned a blind eye to a lot of stuff he never would have tolerated out of himself, and for a guy with a psychology degree he showed himself to be at times awesomely tone-deaf to the behavior and conduct of his own players. Always kind of a weirdness, when you're discussing Meyer.

Aug 10, 2018, 5:28 PM [ in reply to Re: OSU investigation coming to an end? ]

Are you aware that 2 other universities hired Zach in between his stints with Urban?

Aug 10, 2018, 5:07 PM

Fired coaches mom talking bad about fired coaches ex-wife.

I bet that's never happened before...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2018, 5:27 PM

Ex wifes mom talking bad about daughter and good about accused abuser of daughter actually was the point that was an eye opener.

Aug 10, 2018, 6:40 PM

According to fired coaches Mom.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2018, 6:46 PM

Per the reporter talking to her. It's literally the sentence above the mother's comments.

"Snook also exchanged text messages with Tina Carano"

The Investigation Was Over

Aug 10, 2018, 6:27 PM

when Nick Saban, Dabo Swinney and Bob Stoops all said No.

Re: The Investigation Was Over

Aug 10, 2018, 6:47 PM

Why would anyone want to hire Bob Stoops anyways?

Re: The Investigation Was Over

Aug 10, 2018, 6:49 PM

50% in the post season isn't exactly a killer resume

Aug 10, 2018, 10:39 PM

My theory is properly report something when it happens or forever hold your peace.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic