Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Notre Dame rewatch (thanks Tigerray)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 744

Notre Dame rewatch (thanks Tigerray)

Oct 4, 2015, 8:55 PM

First off, the dude Tigerray is awesome. He is taking his time to post this stuff, not all schools have a dedicated fan like him. Hats off to him.

I'll start with the negatives because, well, I'd rather end with the positives frankly.

A huge debate tonight with our play calling on offense especially in the second half. It's hugely warranted in my opinion.

ND could have easily scored 30+ points despite pretty good defensive play. Turns out that the rain and muck helped us out more than ND. It could have easily gone the other way. We simply have got to capitalize more on 4 second half turn-overs. We did nothing because we were predictable and out-coached on that side of the ball. I believe that we have a better QB than ND but we don't use him like we should.

Don't give me this weather stuff because ND passed all over us in the second half. We tried to give the game to them way a continuous QB read play over and over and over. We could have lost both Gallman and Watson once ND figured that out and literally teed off on them both. Our OCs need to learn to PUT PEOPLE AWAY and not rely completely on the defense to bail them out. ONE first down ND away. We can't play-call scared. The first half was called pretty good. Why not just continue with the game plan that works?

Our defense puts a heavy hand down on the ball continuously causing TOs. We have an awesome DC and staff. Those boys are nasty. Being able to use the word "nasty" with our defense is something I have waited to say for years remembering the nasty days of Clemson football back in the late 80s and early 90s.

The officiating was bad but everywhere. We pass-interfered on a ND WR in the end zone that wasn't called and many holds were not called for us either. I blame a lot due to poor conditions. Blanks was blocked in the back that was about as obvious as the pulled jersey on us pass interfering. Can't blame the close game on calls not going our way.

We got a talented team. ND is also a good team. I am a believer after watching them. Kelly killed us with the middle WR crossing routes in the second half. We were out-coached on both sides of the ball after half-time adjustments but were bailed out by TOs that we couldn't capitalize on.

A great win for Clemson with a team that is evenly match with us. The OC play-calling needs to learn how to put away teams or it will come back to haunt us.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Notre Dame rewatch (thanks Tigerray)

Oct 4, 2015, 8:56 PM

TigerRay is the man!!There's a handle of bourbon at my tailgate if he's ever in need!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 744
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic