Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Notre Dame Is The Big Winner in the CFP...Here's why:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Notre Dame Is The Big Winner in the CFP...Here's why:

Dec 4, 2017, 10:19 AM

I read this on another board and I didn't even consider this but makes sense....

It doesn’t matter this year, but this is now the second straight year that a non-conference champ has got into the playoffs.

Why Risk joining a conference in Football where you have to split the money and are risking yourself to getting knocked in a conference championship game?

If there was any thought that the playoffs would force ND to join a league you can kiss that idea goodbye.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Diagree- think you're reading too much

Dec 4, 2017, 10:30 AM

Into it. OSU was out headed into w/e but if they had rolled Wisconsin like happened before then they probably would have gotten the 4 spot.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How am I wrong? 2 Str8 Years a non-Conference Champ got it

Dec 4, 2017, 10:36 AM

How does that not send a message that Notre Dame can stay independent and still have access?

That's the point I was making. I stand by it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Theyll never make it because they know they need a

Dec 4, 2017, 10:39 AM

killer schedule to overcome the champ game ... they'll never survive the gauntlet they give themselves.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only if we have 2 loss conference champs

Dec 4, 2017, 10:39 AM

So far, it could change,we don't know about the SEC or the ACC YET, but over the last few seasons, the Committee has shown it's not putting in a 2 loss BIG10,BIG12 or PAC12 Champ.

A one loss ND would have to have the exact same scenario that got Bama in this year

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Notre Dame Is The Big Winner in the CFP...Here's why:

Dec 4, 2017, 12:19 PM

Their strength of schedule is so strong that they don't really need a conference championship game to get in...that's always been the case. It might actually be EASIER for them to get into the playoff if they joined a conference. Instead of having to play grueling schedule of teams like UGA, Stanford, USC, Miami, every year...they could play a more typical "conference" schedule with 1 or 2 tough games and then just have to worry about winning the conference. The way they are doing it now is much harder.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic