Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What did TL do wrong??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

What did TL do wrong??

Sep 9, 2018, 12:04 AM

I see alot of yall saying KB secured the job, and I'm confused as to how. KB missed on multiple passes and didn't put up any points in the 4th. He did hit a few long balls (Tee made him and TL look good) and he ran the ball well, but taking carries away from ETN isn't exactly a good thing.

TL on the other hand did well from what I saw. The OL wasn't blocking so he didn't have any time, but he made some good passes and even hit Renfrow under pressure. I was okay with KB finishng the game and thought we needed to pick one guy under the circumstances but imo the QB competition is far from over.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What did TL do wrong??

Sep 9, 2018, 12:06 AM

made a good escape and toss, throws a laser

the one bad throw, an a&m player popped in there and i think he dirted it

he's not kelly bryant

we can use him for what he is (amazing talent) or end the charade and bench him except for mop up duty

i think we need to do one or the other

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2018, 12:10 AM

If we don’t get the OL in gear, we will not make the natty again. The OL has got to step up for the offense to make it’s full potential. Our defense played the whole game tonight. Good thing we have depth there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2018, 12:15 AM

that lookout block from #50 is muh fav

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2018, 12:21 AM [ in reply to Re: What did TL do wrong?? ]

When they talk to the offensive line they talk about the defensive line talking crap but that Robbie Caldwell stops them from talking back I want a offensive line that are going to talk crap back have some nasty fight to them

KB can flat run the ball and call offensive plays

Sep 9, 2018, 12:07 AM

He has the vision that experience brings. TL will have it, but the speed of the game was overtaking him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: KB can flat run the ball and call offensive plays

Sep 9, 2018, 12:08 AM

i don't see that at all...he looked calm, composed and made great throws/decisions

he Was our leading rusher***

Sep 9, 2018, 12:10 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Sep 9, 2018, 12:10 AM [ in reply to KB can flat run the ball and call offensive plays ]

Perfect assessment in a nutshell!! People see what they wanna see.

Sep 9, 2018, 12:11 AM

indeed

The speed of the game...

Sep 9, 2018, 12:10 AM [ in reply to KB can flat run the ball and call offensive plays ]

or the speed of the unblocked defenders coming right at him?

He did nothing wrong imo, but the coaches did the right thing today. The raw talent is obvious, but he does look like a freshmen at times. Glad they "survived" this game and can now use the next 3-5 games to figure things out better. The coaches need to let TL sling it more and stop being so conservative

Nothing really.

I thought he suffered from some very bad play calls and poor blocking on his second half opportunities. Bryant wouldn’t have done any better in those circumstances.

Tonight it was about KB having a couple of timely drives, and the coaches stuck with him due to having the hot hand. I didn’t view it as anything against TL.

Proverbs 16:18

Re: Nothing really.

Sep 9, 2018, 12:13 AM

agreed with leaving KB in...the coaches don't have their crap together with TL

different animal entirely (probably in a good way) but they aren't ready for him

Sep 9, 2018, 12:16 AM [ in reply to Nothing really. ]

You're right. KB got the hot hand in the 4th quarter. But he then lost it again midway through the 4th and late in the 4th when we needed him most.

Sep 9, 2018, 12:18 AM

he's incredibly inconsistent throwing the football

...but pretty #### good at protecting it

mixed bag

Neither secured the job.

KB secured nothing...

but we had to go with him. Lawrence had no blocking in his two second half series. We needed KB's ability to escape pressure. You can blame the OL for that. It was a good move by the staff and KB certainly did a great job the second half. With blocking, I'm not sure Lawrence couldn't have scored more, too.

OC handicapped him with mediocre play calling

Sep 9, 2018, 12:30 AM

KB often faces the same thing … Dabo may have to get more or less involved ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2018, 12:33 AM

TL will play. Regardless of what coaches say the OL gets asked to do way too much. They do have to block differently for each QB. I think playing both hurts them more than anyone. They look really inconsistent right now because the plays called are confusing and ineffectual. It has made the running backs look bad also. There is something to be said for keeping it simple. We try to do way too much and many times it just opens up holes for the defense to run through. They need to get back to pushing people around, not half drop half run block. Sorry, our line has great potential what they get asked to do sets them up to fail in many instances. That is frustrating. Much of what people see as one QB better or worse has to do with this OL dilemma.

Why can’t we run a normal offense?

Sep 9, 2018, 12:51 AM

Why does it have to be a read option with a dual threat QB with complicated schemes for everyone?

Why can’t we mix short and long passes, to the sidelines and middle of the field, with hand offs and pitches up the middle and to the outside? Other teams seem to do all of that just fine against our supposedly amazing defense.

We seem to make it too complicated, and by doing that, somehow we paradoxically limit our capabilities.

Proverbs 16:18

Re: Why can’t we run a normal offense?

Sep 9, 2018, 6:42 AM

Where have the seam routes gone? The only verts we run are on the boundary and are predetermined pre snap.

Sep 9, 2018, 7:26 AM

^^^This

Sep 9, 2018, 7:41 AM

I'm sick of these lateral passes to sideline. Like the one AM thought was a fumble.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic