Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not unexpected and nothing to be ashamed about...........
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,055

Not unexpected and nothing to be ashamed about...........

Aug 31, 2014, 8:49 AM

GA is just a better football team this year. Not to make excuses but losing every playmaker we had on Offense is not something that can be easily overcome. More than likely, this offense is going to struggle this season, especially against good defenses. Defensively, we are good but not good enough to play the entire game on a short field in 90+ degree heat and humidity and expect to compete against a physical football team.

GA did a great job coaching. I like everybody else, wondered why Bobo didn't use Gurley more in the 1st half. Listening to Richt going into halftime gave me the answer. They were saving the beast and their other stable of studs for the 4th quarter. I think they felt confident that they could make adjustments and shut down our offense and then let their running game take over in the 4th quarter. Happened exactly like that and primarily because we have had no physical running game and no playmakers on offense to match up once they adjusted.

Nothing to be ashamed about. It is what it is. In the ACC, outside of FSU, we will be just fine. Probably lose another game or two. Go into SCAR with 3 maybe 4 losses and, if we can beat SCAR at home, go to a midlevel bowl game and come back next year with bigger and better lineman, recruit a physical back and get experience at QB and WR and start our way back up.

Good effort. Just win the games we are supposed to win and we will be fine.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some valid points and some not valid

Aug 31, 2014, 9:14 AM

If we are going to be one of the elite teams in the nation, a four loss season is not acceptable. What happened to the Dabo phrase that we are just reloading? Are we with reloading with an 8-4 record? Not acceptable at all as a Clemson standard.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Re: Some valid points and some not valid

Aug 31, 2014, 9:57 AM

Understand and, yes we are ""reloading" but what we are reloading with isn't near the same quality as what we had and that's totally understandable. Chalk that one up to coachspeak by Dabo and he is a 1/2 full kind of guy so we should expect that kind of statement.

Reality is we are in no way one of the elite teams in the nation and won't be until we get more experience in key offensive positions.

8-4 is not great but it's not horrible either, especially if you look at what you have coming in over the next few years.

Re: Some valid points and some not valid

Aug 31, 2014, 10:04 AM

Giving up in the 4th quarter was very disappointing. Pride from our players and coaches is what I expect. Keep fighting, don't change what you are doing, adjust to what THEY are doing! Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results is the definition of a word I dare not to mention here but is somewhat fitting during that last quarter of complete lack of composure.

I do agree nobody gave us much of a chance except fans and team. The Freshman on this team need to be given more playing time because from what I saw they are prepared and very talented.

So you saying that your accepting 8-4 or 9-3 seasons and for

Aug 31, 2014, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Some valid points and some not valid ]

Us to compete for a shot at NC every four years or so? Not acceptable sir and not the standard at Clemson and u can even ask Dabo. We might as well bring back Tommy and at least he knew how to beat the coots.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Re: Not unexpected and nothing to be ashamed about...........

Aug 31, 2014, 10:00 AM

I did not expect 45-21, and I am ashamed of it.

There is no shame in losing as long as it is a close, hard fought game. This wasn't.

closer than the score, as we were down by 3 in the 4th

Aug 31, 2014, 10:02 AM

But we did get outplayed when it mattered most

Clemson

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,055
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic