Topic: Not sure how I missed this one
Replies: 2   Last Post: Jul 15, 2019 2:00 PM by: Ineligible user
[ General Boards - The Lounge ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 2  

Not sure how I missed this one

[6]
Posted: Jul 15, 2019 1:47 PM

This was pretty cool for these guys. For those who aren't familiar with Freeman--he started building relatively unpopular boats (catamarans) in a time when most folks thought the recreational boating business was dead (2008). He pretty much single-handedly changed an industry with his introduction of a high speed, high performance, planing hull catamaran for recreational fishing vessels. Now there is a 3-4 year waiting list, and to even get on the lists it costs $10K.

I get to see him drag some of these home sometimes because he lives about a 1/2 mile from me. Haven't gotten to meet him yet though.

https://abcnews4.com/news/local/lowcountry-boat-manufacturer-going-to-white-house-for-made-in-america-showcase

Oh, BTW, here is Jummy Buffet's new custom Freeman 42 with a Merritt Boatworks pilot house. It should be completed soon:

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

The Jimmy Buffet boat is awesome

[1]
Posted: Jul 15, 2019 1:58 PM

Wonder if they got some of the first Merc 450's. I haven't seen any out in the wild yet, figured I might see some this weekend with the poker run.

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

I think Buffet is going with the Yamaha 425's

[1]
Posted: Jul 15, 2019 2:00 PM

Word has it Freeman has some of the Merc 450's on his personal "test" boat. I rode by his house Saturday and didn't see anything but a couple trailers out there. Maybe he was busy in Washington.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Replies: 2  
[ General Boards - The Lounge ]
Start New Topic
189 people have read this post