Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nobody owes Kelly B and apology. He wasn't the reason we won. He was the reason it was even close
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 55
| visibility 1

Nobody owes Kelly B and apology. He wasn't the reason we won. He was the reason it was even close

Sep 9, 2018, 2:18 PM

It is what it is.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And you are what you are and is what you is!***

Sep 9, 2018, 2:20 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Cocky talk must be depressing right now but don’t take it out on a Clemson board.

Sep 9, 2018, 2:21 PM

You guys have had a rough weekend. Bwhahahahaha

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cocky talk must be depressing right now but don’t take it out on a Clemson board.

Sep 9, 2018, 2:24 PM

Was this picture taken at the bojangles or Chick-Fila processing plant?

Re: Cocky talk must be depressing right now but don’t take it out on a Clemson board.

Sep 9, 2018, 2:36 PM

That’s the postgame locker room. They’ll get started on the indoor locker rooms as soon as they’ve completed the privacy suites in the dumpsters.

Sep 9, 2018, 9:21 PM [ in reply to Cocky talk must be depressing right now but don’t take it out on a Clemson board. ]

Wanted to point this 2,639 times. Could not find the app.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope

Sep 9, 2018, 2:26 PM

I've been all for TL playing as much as possible, but you're idiotic if you thought Bryant wasn't the best option in the 2nd half last night. He's been there and done it under the lights. He may not have the WOW factor, but he has the experience and he doesn't make many costly mistakes.

TL will get lots of playing time this year. I suspect it will be a 2 QB system all season - both bring different things to the table.

Shout out to the coaching staff for not listening to the armchair TNET posters

Message was edited by: gville76

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: Nope

Sep 9, 2018, 10:03 PM

Doesn't make many costly mistakes> What is your definition of costly mistakes?

Would you consider fumbling a snap on the A&M's 1 yd. line a costly mistake? He pulled away from center and turned toward the running back before the ball ever hit his hands. The ball was hiked fine. I can't believe the announcer tried to cover for him and blame the center.

Would you consider not being able to hit a wide open receiver 10 yards away for a first down to keep the clock ticking a costly mistake?

If you just think because he doesn't throw many INT's that means he doesn't make costly mistakes then you are wrong.

Would you consider the coaches not being able to open up the playbook and throw everything at a team that we have because KB can't do it a costly mistake. Its' very costly my friend.

Other than the long TD throw by Lawrence to Tee Higgins

Sep 9, 2018, 2:31 PM

Trevor Lawrence generated only 1 first down in 4 possessions. I don't know what game you were watching, but the offense was running more smoothly when KB was under center. Both missed throws last night, but the running threat when KB was in there made a difference in effectiveness. Trevor's first two possessions in the 2nd half went 3-and-out. KB's first two possessions in the 2nd half went for TD drives.

That is what it is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: Other than the long TD throw by Lawrence to Tee Higgins

Sep 9, 2018, 4:03 PM

Are you counting that Powell was responsible for some of that? He dropped a dime pass that was right in the center of his chest on a 2nd down that would have made it 3rd and 2 or less....instead of a long 3rd down. Trevor can't catch that ball for him...

Sep 9, 2018, 7:56 PM

I don't give credit or penalize for what coulda woulda shoulda happened with either QB. I count the actual results. But since you bring up that throw to Powell over the middle, maybe it shoulda been thrown with a little more touch rather than like being shot out of a cannon from that close.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2018, 8:56 PM

You sure? Because you seem to be penalizing Trevor for Cornell's drop? Getting it to him fast is an excuse on one that goes fast through the hands reached out... Not one that hits dead center chest. It was a perfect throw, Powell missed his part of it. That's lack of wrapping around it when it got there. Sure the coaches would tell you to your face that one was on Powell.
*Smdh

Some of you really are rediculous with how much you want him to not get credit for how good he is so Kelly can look better, while he's still doing those over throws, that I mentioned preseason, in the last 2 games still.

Sep 9, 2018, 9:49 PM

Trevor Lawrence, as good as he is and with what I consider superior arm strength, managed only one 1st down in 4 series (his fifth series was a one throw TD pass). You are the one being ridiculous with blinders on because you fail to notice that Trevor Lawrence missed some throws and made some mistakes too. He sailed one throw over Tee Higgins head and out of bounds. I think he misread a read-option run play and should have pitched to Feaster (he kept the ball for a loss and failed 3rd down conversion). He completely missed a snap from Falcinelli that was poor but still was catchable. He got nervous, happy feet in the pocket under pressure and threw the ball into the ground when Milan Richards was open over the middle. He also made a couple of really beautiful throws including the TD pass to Tee Higgins.

Kelly Bryant was 12/17 for 205 yards and a 12.1 yd average per attempt.
Trevor Lawrence was 5/9 for 93 yards and a 10.3 yd average per attempt (with only one drop).

If we give Trevor that dropped pass by Cornell Powell, he goes 6/9 for 100 yards and an 11.1 yd per attempt average (adjusted 66.7% completion rate). Kelly Bryant was more effective if you judge strictly by yards per attempt and by completion percentage (70.6%). Now when you add Kelly Bryant's ability to run, I think that gave him the edge. Right now, in week 2, I think Kelly Bryant gives us the best chance to win.

I've stated before that I fully expect that given more game experience that I expect Trevor Lawrence will surpass Kelly Bryant. He can make throws that Kelly Bryant can't. However, he's not immune from missing passes and making mistakes running the offense too. If Kelly Bryant had completed only 50% of his passes with a 3.4 yd average per attempt like he did against Alabama, then I'd be calling for a switch too.

2017: Kelly Bryant yards/attempt: 7.04
2018: Kelly Bryant yards/attempt: 9.91

Kelly Bryant has improved. In addition, his numbers IMPROVED against Texas A&M compared with Furman. He was better against stronger competition.

Sep 9, 2018, 9:58 PM

It's called play calling. Trevor kept being told to pass side screen 1 yd throws, then have to make it up on 3rd down, which he got one to Renfrow, behind the first down line. So it's now on Trevor where Renfrow went to? It's on Trevor that Powell dropped a dime pass? Give me a break. Go enjoy that Kelly did good in the 2nd half.. They were even the first. Both played good, Kelly's experience was just needed in this one and his numbers improved because he played most of the second half. More playing time = more stats. Who would've thought.

And for the record, without Trevor's throw to Tee for the TD, Texas A&M wins. Try not forgetting that.

Oh and Kelly had some overthrows in the beginning of the game, and took an 8 yd sack. Nice improvement on his accuracy there. Guess you forgot he's good for 1 passing TD a game, which is all he had in this one too. He's getting better, but still has the issues everyone mentioned preseason. Hopefully that keeps improving.

Those 1 yard throws (part of ...

Sep 9, 2018, 10:16 PM

game plan designed for KB to disguise his flaws, handicapped TL severely.

Re: Those 1 yard throws (part of ...

Sep 9, 2018, 10:21 PM

Yep. Trevor's still young, has a bunch of zip on his throws. He's still having to learn to throw those short ones with a tad less velocity. Not exactly the game I'd say he needs to be game planned to work on it. They should have done a similar plan to what they game him vs Furman. Let the RB's carry the run game, not him... And give him throws at least 7-8 yards past the line. That's what will keep defenses back. They crowd the line when we are game planning everything to start behind the line, including 90% of the passing game.

Sep 9, 2018, 10:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Other than the long TD throw by Lawrence to Tee Higgins ]

I see you completely ignored the facts that I provided and still want to judge based on your feelings and coulda/woulda/should play calling excuses. Trevor threw ONE screen pass to Etienne. Kelly Bryant was told to throw multiple tunnel screens to Amari, one to Hunter Renfrow, and 2 screens to Etienne too (at least 5 out of 17 attempts vs. 1 out of 9 attempts for Trevor). Kelly Bryant had the same conservative play calling when he was out there as Trevor, particularly when we went up 28-13. Kelly Bryant only missed 5 completions out of 17 in spite of your poor memory.

Kelly Bryant's first series had no incomplete passes: completed screen, run, sack, punt. His second series went for a TD (and had only one incomplete pass). Then on the 3rd series Trevor entered the game. When KB came back in for the last series of the first half, he had two incomplete passes, but it didn't stall the drive. We drove down to the 1 and turned the ball over on downs due to a poor exchange. Note: When we got inside the red zone on this drive, the play calling went conservative for KB too. The coaches didn't even give him a chance to pass (4 straight designed running plays). The facts don't align with your opinions.

Nice edit after I responded to remove the incorrect info

Sep 9, 2018, 10:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Other than the long TD throw by Lawrence to Tee Higgins ]

about the first series.

Re: Nice edit after I responded to remove the incorrect info

Sep 9, 2018, 10:53 PM

it was edited before your response.

But I'm ignoring it because how off you sound trying to stat.

For one, you are comparing his final season average (that included the Bama game plus a whole season worth) to 2 games this year to say he's "improved" like he has big?

Better comparison....look at his first 2 or 3 games last year.

Yard per pass averages:
Kent St = 10.7, Auburn 6.2, Louisville 9.9 (8.45 across the first 2, 8.93 average across all 3)
Furman = 7.8, Texas A&M 10.8 (9.3 average)

^ not really seeing this "huge" difference there like you are trying to show with a 15 game season he hasn't played this year.

I see you left out Auburn from last year

Sep 9, 2018, 11:12 PM

because it doesn't fit your narrative.

19/29 for 181 yards and 6.2 yards/attempt

Let's take out Alabama from last year...

244/362 for 2678 yards, i.e. 7.4 yards/attempt. Still much improved right now.

By any measure, he's doing better than he was last year as of the second game in the season.

You also have a funny way of doing the averages by ignoring the difference in attempts in Furman vs. Texas A&M to make him look worse. You also used the wrong data (you used Mond's data and not KB's). He's sitting at 9.91 yards/attempt for both games and had 12.1 yards/attempt vs. TAM.

Re: I see you left out Auburn from last year

Sep 9, 2018, 11:17 PM

Left out Auburn? That's up there. Lol.

Kent State, Auburn, and Louisville

And if I average the Kent St and Louisville games, it ends up over a 10 yard average... Technically they would be closer to an unranked Texas a&m at the moment than a top 10 Auburn that played in the SEC championship would.... If you want to get technical.
Try again.

Sorry, I missed the Auburn game

Sep 9, 2018, 11:29 PM

You're still doing averages incorrectly because you're averaging games and not total attempts.

First two games last year for apples to apples comparison,

35/51 for 417 yards, i.e. 8.18 yards/attempt

This year he's sitting at 9.91 yards/attempt after two games. In addition, he did better against stronger competition. Last year he padded his stats vs. Kent State.

Re: Sorry, I missed the Auburn game

Sep 9, 2018, 11:42 PM

"stronger competition"?? They aren't even in the top 25 yet, man. Get a grip. You are comparing a top 10 Auburn to an unranked, wasn't even in the top 30 potentially under-ranked Texas A&M. Louisville at this moment would be a little closer...they were #15 before our game, #19 after our game, to eventually drop out of the top 25. Auburn was a top 10 team and ended the regular season top 5....#2 according to the ESPN SEC-CG summary.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400955153

HUGE difference.

Sep 9, 2018, 11:24 PM [ in reply to I see you left out Auburn from last year ]

You are right on grabbing the wrong one on Texas A&M...it was 12.1, my mistake...still puts you at a 9.9 average....compare that to his 10.3 yard average between the Kent State and Louisville games....the two with similar passing TD's (had 1 in each of those 2, just like he did in the two this year), not the one he didn't have any and had 2 rushing TD's vs a top 10 team. Texas A&M isn't even top 25 still...yet. Louisville would be closer to look at, at the moment, than top 10 Auburn.

Sep 9, 2018, 11:36 PM

I disagree. Auburn is a much better comparison to Texas A&M vs. Louisville. The Louisville secondary was atrocious last year and Texas A&M was decent (12 returning scholarship players). However, let's compare the Louisville game last year vs. Texas A&M this year.

Louisville: 22/32, 316 yards, 9.88 yards/attempt
Texas A&M: 12/17, 205 yards, 12.06 yards/attempt

That's still a 22% improvement. I'd call that significant.

Sep 9, 2018, 11:45 PM

Wait, so you are saying a top 10 Auburn when we played...#2 at the end of regular season...is more comparable to a not top 30 Texas A&M than a #15 Louisville that did end up dropping from the top 25? Wow, you can't make this up. Not even comparable, unless Texas A&M goes on to beat both Alabama and Georgia and ends regular season at #2. Now you are making things up to fit a narrative. lol...a top 10 that ends top 2 matches a team that still hasn't cracked the top 25. That's classic.

Sep 9, 2018, 11:46 PM

I used the Louisville game not the Auburn game for this comparison. He did better against Texas A&M compared with Louisville.

Sep 9, 2018, 11:54 PM

But now look at Kent State vs Furman... Furman is FCS, Kent State is FBS. Washes out mostly. He played better vs FBS Kent State last year than he did vs Furman. Then if you bring Citadel into the equation, the FCS team last year, gets even more interesting. 3 passing TD's, 10.5 average, 210 RAT, 97.6 QBR... Compare that to the Furman game....1 passing TD, 7.8 average, 149 RAT, 54.4 QBR.

So one game, he was much worse than last year, one game he was a little improved. Seems inconsistent so far to me.

100% correct on the Kelly over throws...

Sep 9, 2018, 10:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Other than the long TD throw by Lawrence to Tee Higgins ]

Kelly was 12-27 that's not good, period.

Re: 100% correct on the Kelly over throws...

Sep 9, 2018, 10:16 PM

You mean 12 for 17?

Sep 9, 2018, 10:17 PM [ in reply to 100% correct on the Kelly over throws... ]

It's interesting how some seem to just ignore it. I mean, I'm glad Kelly got it together and started playing a good game, but hey, Trevor was back out there beginning of the 3rd quarter for a reason. He was looking better at that time to the coaches. Likely lit a spark under Kelly to do what he did 2nd quarter, and glad it did. But those issues still were there, and still need improvement. Having a good 2nd half doesnt erase it was present in the first half.

Sep 9, 2018, 10:35 PM

People tend to ignore things that are blatantly false. You loved posting stats in the off season, why haven't you posted any from the game? Is it because it does not fit the narrative that you've been pushing?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Sep 9, 2018, 11:01 PM

Check above. Actually it does. Oh, a 10.7 average, 1 passing TD game.. That's tons different than a 1 passing TD 10.6 average vs Kent State, and a 1 passing TD 9.9 average vs Louisville, right?

What game were you watching?

Sep 9, 2018, 11:01 PM [ in reply to Re: 100% correct on the Kelly over throws... ]

Kelly Bryant engineered a scoring drive on his second series of the game. He didn't need Trevor to motivate him first (at that time he only had one incomplete pass before Trevor came in the game). Trevor Lawrence came in on the third series of the game and threw one TD pass. Then he had a 5-and-out and 3-and-out on the next two series. Kelly Bryant came back in and drove us to the 1 yard line (where we whiffed). TL came back in to start the second half because that was the planned rotation. We had 2 failed series with TL and then KB returned (note this was the same schedule the coaches used in the first half, i.e. 2 series and then switch). KB engineering two successive scoring drives and the coaches decided to stay with him until the end of the game. The idea that Trevor pushed him to do better last night is all in your head. They were doing 2 series for each QB until they decided to stick with KB.

Re: What game were you watching?

Sep 9, 2018, 11:13 PM

I was watching the one that played Kelly, Kelly, Trevor, Trevor, Kelly, Trevor, halftime, Trevor, Trevor...then Kelly rest of game.

The same one that has this TNet write up talking about his QB spot being in jeopardy...
https://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Locked-in-Bryant-posts-statement-effort-at-AM-17202
And this write up saying
"Bryant started the final six series of the game, getting the crunch-time snaps in a rocking venue and squeezing his grip around the starting job when it seemed to be slipping away."
https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/09/09/clemson-texas-am-kelly-bryant-trevor-lawrence

Maybe you didn't see what those saw...not surprising.

I suggest you read the play log on ESPN

Sep 9, 2018, 11:22 PM

Because this...

> I was watching the one that played Kelly, Kelly, Trevor, Trevor, Kelly, Trevor, halftime, Trevor, Trevor...then Kelly rest of game.

is incorrect. It was KB, KB (TD), TL(one play TD), TL, TL, KB, KB (one play), halftime, TL, TL, KB (TD), KB (TD), KB....

http://www.espn.com/college-football/playbyplay?gameId=401012270

Re: I suggest you read the play log on ESPN

Sep 9, 2018, 11:28 PM

See the last play on that before the half that was run by the RB.. Trevor was the QB. ;)

Opps...

Sep 9, 2018, 11:41 PM

I missed the Trevor handoff because it wasn't mentioned in the log.

Sep 9, 2018, 11:31 PM [ in reply to I suggest you read the play log on ESPN ]

Straight from that SI write up..
"Lawrence, in fact, started six of Clemson’s first nine series and tossed a 64-yard touchdown on his first play of the game early in the second quarter. But yes, the old man returned."

Seem to match?

Oh and let me correct... It was Kelly, Kelly, Trevor, Trevor, Trevor, Kelly, Trevor, half... Trevor Trevor

Sep 10, 2018, 12:19 AM

Give it a break. Bryant was the best qb on the field. Trevor’s lone td was a bad throw. He threw it in double coverage. Tee Higgins bailed him out. And I saw you post about kB fumbling a snap. Trevor got hit in his face mask by a snap on a second down causing a 3rd and long.

Sep 10, 2018, 12:30 AM

Yes he was, in the second half. It was even in the first half... Slight edge to Trevor obviously, since those coaches you guys like to trust the decision of decided he would play 6 of the first 9 drives. But hey, we won't count that I guess.

And that throw was not a bad throw. Some of you really need to learn what a high point pass is.... Throwing it high enough where the defender can't make a play on it. It's not the first pass he's thrown to Tee like that... He's playing to Tee's skill set. Exact same type of throw we threw to Mike Williams all the time. I guess you'd rather the DB to be fighting for it instead?

Sep 10, 2018, 12:37 AM [ in reply to Re: I suggest you read the play log on ESPN ]

And no, I didn't post about Kelly fumbling the snap. That was the center that did that.... And Trevor's... And the one that zoomed by Trevor's head when he wasn't even calling for it or looking for it. Falcinelli had a bad night, if you missed that. Smdh.

You can't read... KB was 12/17

Sep 9, 2018, 10:31 PM [ in reply to 100% correct on the Kelly over throws... ]

and that is 70.5% and pretty good, period.

Re: No

Sep 9, 2018, 2:32 PM

No. Playcalling was garbage. This is on the coaches, not the players.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Crump... B-meist... You got any of that spray left?...***

Sep 9, 2018, 4:51 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

garbage

Sep 9, 2018, 6:18 PM

You are a ####### and a piece of trash congrats on a special combination

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Secondary was the reason...

Sep 9, 2018, 7:23 PM

Wasn't pleased with the way the secondary played. Kept giving them the middle of the field snd their receivers were open. Don't blame KB.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

90-17 ... is what it is.***

Sep 9, 2018, 9:17 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 90-17 ... is what it is.***

Sep 9, 2018, 9:33 PM

... and what it will continue to be.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: 90-17 ... is what it is.***

Sep 9, 2018, 10:30 PM [ in reply to 90-17 ... is what it is.*** ]

#NeverAgain....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

K but you wrong though***

Sep 9, 2018, 10:22 PM

null

Message was edited by: SageMoody®

You are only here to stir the pot and hope to cause discord.

Sep 9, 2018, 10:22 PM

I hope you and your kind get the ban hammer.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Coot

Sep 9, 2018, 10:24 PM

Hurts doesn’t it?

Ignorant

Sep 9, 2018, 11:32 PM

Play calling and poor defense in the 2nd half had a lot to do with it
Coaches stuck with Kelly because he was doing better.
Imagine if he had the whole game to find a rhythm
TL is good but he showed his freshman
Kelly showed his senior

No doubt Kelly Bryant won that game if you watched 2nd half

Sep 10, 2018, 12:25 AM

are you nut......do you really think we would have won that game last night without Kelly Bryant.....HE had a tremendous 2nd half and HE won that game for us.......defense did not show up in the 2nd half........better thank God Kelly Bryant did............Go Tigers!!!!!!

Poorly disguised troll effort, coot. Mooseknucks taught

Sep 10, 2018, 6:42 AM

you better.

Replies: 55
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic