Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You heard it here first....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

You heard it here first....

Oct 4, 2012, 7:19 PM

I have no sources, or people "in the know". But, this thought just popped in my mind, and I thought that I would share. And, yes, you heard it here first. Kyle Young will be named Athletic Director when they announce the hiring...whenever that is. I just feel there are too many reasons for us to hire him that I couldn't name them all. Is anyone with me, or am I way off track here?
I'm not joking, but we all said Tommy Bowden would be a very good AD. Is there any chance that we have had talks with him? I mean we're still paying the guy...we should get some work out of him. LOL

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You heard it here first....NO chance we talk to TB

Oct 4, 2012, 7:21 PM

Kyle may or may not be ready. I've heard varying opinions. I always figured he would get a shot. May be a bit soon for him though

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no.. next thought?***

Oct 4, 2012, 7:32 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Re: You heard it here first....

Oct 4, 2012, 7:39 PM

Why would we consider Bowden? He would have his hands
deep into our FB program.A good recruiter but an average
coach.Good riddance to him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was great for the program. Not sure how you missed

Oct 4, 2012, 7:54 PM

the facilities/recruiting/prominence improvements, but they were vast. We were certainly an inconsistent team on the field, but he was a good big picture guy.

Re: He was great for the program. Not sure how you missed

Oct 4, 2012, 8:13 PM

I agree w/ everything you said , plus his last name brought extra interest in our football team. Not only did he leave on less than desirable terms, his feelings as well, not just the administrations... the one gripe I had against him is publically throwing players under the bus, ala Jad Dean, Javis Austin, ect... but I actually think he might be a good AD @ some university, he's a very bright guy.

I wouldn't have a problem with TB

Oct 4, 2012, 9:26 PM

think he'd make a good one and would favor football

Not a chance on TB and they'll look for someone w/ ALOT

Oct 4, 2012, 7:50 PM

more experience than Kyle Young. D'Andrea would get the nod before KY if we went internally, but we'll do a nationwide search

Re: Not a chance on TB and they'll look for someone w/ ALOT

Oct 4, 2012, 9:17 PM

I don't and won't ever have a vote. But if I did, Tommy Bowden would get a very loud NO from me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nick0104 i obviously wasnt talking to you...

Oct 4, 2012, 8:51 PM

thanks for all the feedback from you sensible clemson fans. i have been on t-net for a long time, and it seems that it is at an all-time high for jerk-offs that like to respond with absolute garbage just to get their post count up...or just to be a ####. but its cool theyre just doing their jobs. i felt kyle young was being groomed for the position. but d'andrea is still there. i forgot. out here in montana and it gets hard to keep up with everything clemson. i was half joking about TB. just saying we still have over a year to still pay him and he did alot for the stadium and player upgrades...the indoor facility is bc of TB. say what you will but he would do a great job. i just dont like the idea of bringing in a non-clemson guy. any names surface yet?

Oct 4, 2012, 9:00 PM

I SO hope you're wrong about Young. And no way should Bowden ever be allowed back on campus. What did he ever do that would make anyone believe he'd be a good AD?

Oct 4, 2012, 9:09 PM

Wrong...wrong..wrong...all over wrong. The hire is much much close to being in the bag and it is NOT Young or anyone associated with Clemson...BUT A #### GOOD ONE...upgrade big time...this is a BOT move and not a Barker move...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2012, 9:20 PM

Is that you TDP:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: signed, Rock Hill Bag Man***

Oct 4, 2012, 11:36 PM [ in reply to Re: You heard it here first.... ]

Have you seen the facilities

Oct 4, 2012, 9:28 PM [ in reply to Re: You heard it here first.... ]

Yeah he was the one who got that started

Oct 4, 2012, 9:21 PM

we have enough preachers coaching and in the athletic department. all those jobs are filled

You aren't the first to say that

Oct 4, 2012, 9:24 PM

I heard Philpott say that he has heard rumors that they may go in that direction.

Interesting thoughts, CT4L....When this was first discussed

Oct 5, 2012, 6:50 AM

upon news of TDP's retirement, my thinking was that Clemson should now be in a position to search nationally for someone of national prominence with a stellar and impeccable record. He/she could possibly be someone within the business community with enough chutzpah and sports' savvy to become a commanding presence nationally, which I believe would further our goal of making Clemson more prominent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2012, 6:54 AM

D'Andrea getting the nod would be absurd. Completely, totally absurd. He's Joe Biden without the good points.

Harley

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic