Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Never thought i’d see this....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Never thought i’d see this....

Jan 3, 2018, 10:00 PM

At least not in the next couple of years. Not trying to be negative, just being honest that i didn’t have these expectations. I don’t know if we’ll stay here too much longer, but I’d be ecstatic if we did.

Happy for our basketball program, it’s been a long time in the waiting. I know lots of fans thought BB had to go and to be honest I’ve been on the fence personally, but regardless, it’s great to see us winning. Hopefully we can keep it up a while longer to attract some top talent here (we know many of their names) to make it lasting and really hang with the upper echelon of the ACC for a while!

Roar Tigers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Never thought i’d see this....

Jan 4, 2018, 9:20 AM

I'll go further than that. I jumped off the fence and really thought he should have been gone last year. My hopes now are that the good play continues, and that we don't get stupid and pull a Tommy Bowden contract extension based on one good year if it does. Hopefully we learned that lesson and see no need to repeat the mistake. I have no problem with heavily incentive based contracts, but huge guarantees and buyouts should not make their way into basketball.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Never thought i’d see this....

Jan 4, 2018, 9:39 AM

If Brownell is here next year, it will be with an extension. His contract is currently four years in length. They won't have him on the bench with a three year deal. Makes it very tough on recruiting. Say what you want about him receiving a raise, but he'll be extended.

As for the buyout, Radakovich negotiated to cut his buyout in half this past offseason. With Brownell receiving an extension after the season, I'd imagine he'll get either a raise in salary or an increase in buyout (but not both).

Remember when Pitt and Cuse were basketball superpowers ?

Jan 4, 2018, 9:23 AM

Swofford really brought them in line.

Surprised he hasn't targeted Villanova and Gonzaga for ACC expansion. They can't go left unchecked.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And that's proof we don't need Zion. He'll mess up the

Jan 4, 2018, 9:25 AM

chemistry like Blossomgame did.

null

Re: And that's proof we don't need Zion. He'll mess up the

Jan 4, 2018, 9:40 AM

please lord tell us you are trying to be funny

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive