Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NCST will be a sneaky tough game IMO
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

NCST will be a sneaky tough game IMO

May 16, 2017, 9:32 AM

Since the Boyd era, we have never gone down to Raleigh and just smashed them like we should have even though we've been the far superior team. We've either loss (Boyd got rattled early in that game and things just snowballed) or it's been a hard fought game where they've usually stayed within striking distance. They've got 8 starters returning on Offense and 8 on Defense so they've got a pretty experienced group that will have confidence after what happened last year. The Wolfpack usually play their best home games of the year vs either us or FSU in most years. We also play them the week before FSU so you know we'll be on "trap game" alert.

Our QB situation should be pretty solidified by that time, but I believe whoever that guy turns out to be will have to play well for us to win that game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

U kno the old cliche

May 16, 2017, 9:37 AM

When you're on top everyone will brung their a game.

The wolf pack could go 1-11 and their white trash fans would riot in the trailer parks if that 1 win was vs Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I thought the old cliche was

May 16, 2017, 10:23 AM

The only good pack is a 6 pack?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Yeah that's what I meant to type

May 16, 2017, 11:50 AM

Stupid auto correct

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: NCST will be a sneaky tough game IMO

May 16, 2017, 9:58 AM

They show up for 2 or 3 games a year

FSU, Clemson, and UNC. Hopefully that thug that knocked gallman out of the game is gone.

Re: NCST will be a sneaky tough game IMO- I hope the kicker

May 16, 2017, 10:09 AM

is still there though. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No sneaky tough about it...

May 16, 2017, 10:00 AM

Will be tough and they will get our full attention.

they'll be tough

May 16, 2017, 10:18 AM

their front 4 very well could be the best we face all season. That includes Auburn and FSU.

Dave D has a knack however for putting his teams in bad situations. I'm not worried about their offense. Their QB doesn't scare me and their Oline isn't that good. Samuels is back (when is he going to graduate) but none of their TE's or WR's scare me.

They moved Hines back to RB which at his size he isn't going to be running up the middle much. Their highly touted RB from recruiting is way down the depth chart right now. and Thaddeus Moss just transferred along with another 4* RB who came in that class.

I know they have a pretty decent OC but in my opinion they were idiots to run Matt Canada out of town.

could be a low scoring game but I like our offense to put the game away in the 4th.

Re: they'll be tough

May 16, 2017, 5:14 PM

Wasn't Matt Canada the OC for Pitt?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes

May 16, 2017, 8:45 PM

After Dave fired him at NCSU he went to Pitt

He's now at LSU

He's a hell of an OC

May 16, 2017, 10:19 AM

We will get every teams best shot. NC State plays us tough. I wish that the Bowden inferiority complex would go away now with winning the natty. The playoffs should be expected now and winning the natty much more frequently too. Dabo wants us to be like Alabama. We need to expect the same results too now.

May 16, 2017, 10:40 AM

This contest is our "trap" game if their team and fans are waiting for us. I think we win, but there can be no looking ahead to FSU.

Go Tigers!

Correction...

May 16, 2017, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Re: NCST will be a sneaky tough game IMO ]

Dabo wants Alabama to want to be like us

May 16, 2017, 10:37 AM

We are their homecoming this season, so the players and crowd will be in a revenge fueled frenzy.

However, they will have just played in South Bend the weekend before, and their history shows a pattern of letdowns in tough games the week following a hard-fought loss (see vs Clemson in 14' after FSU and vs UL in 16' after Clemson). Maybe the Irish could do us a favor this year by taking the wind out of their sails a bit.

May 16, 2017, 10:56 AM

Yea I think NC St will be a tough game but I never Been a big fan of their HC I think he's a big baby. On that note I actually think them getting so close last year might actually hurt them this year. I know that sounds weird but I say that bc this team will be thinking we should have beat them last year and this year they don't have DW and have a feeling they might take that and come in thinkin they are better team. Idk it's hard to describe what I mean by that but I def will not be going to this game. I went to nc st game at nc st 2 years ago DW soph year and they are the worst fans I have ever seen. Only group of fans I heard Muriel fans wanting DW to break His leg and they were all rude af!!! I will NEVER go back to nc st you couldn't pay me to go I have more example but I could talk about a hr why they are the worst fans I've ever been too amd been to some of the schools k own for that like Georgia FSU but trust me nc st is. Up there I was treated better at Georgia then at nc st kinda sad

May 16, 2017, 12:05 PM

True about the fans. The 'lady' fans are worse than the guys! I've never been treated well at NCSU..... and both of my sons are alums of that 'great institute of higher learning'! GO TIGERS... this game is a biggie in my household!

May 16, 2017, 12:58 PM

Do not turn the ball over and we will be fine.
The Tigers don't have DW this season to make up for the TOs.
This years team will play tough D and hopefully the O can control the clock .
We do these 2 things and we might just be playing for NC two in a row.

May 16, 2017, 5:57 PM

Losing Dayes at RB is going to cripple the NCSU offense IMO. He is as critical to NCSU as Cook was to FSU. The NCSU O is going to be 1-dimensional and Finley will be on his back more than upright. Our D is going to win this game for us.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic