Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My opinion on offensive woes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

My opinion on offensive woes

Oct 4, 2019, 1:54 PM

first off, everything I point out is correctable.
ax?
Oline- I've criticized our line and been told I dont understand the position or dont watch the play. specifically John Simpson. He's been on All ACC and American lists. Every time you turn around he's getting called for holding or a false start. he did it last season and doing it this season. if im not mistaken he was called for holding once and called at least twice on false starts against UNC. The interior has had sone issues throu ugh the first 5 games. i truly nelieve the OL is the reason we have yet to hit a rhythm on offense.

routes-Tee Higgins has been a weapon. i contemd that one of the reasons is he has improved his route running. this is what made Hunter Renfrow, Hunter Renfrow. the lack of seperation has allowed opposing coverage to be in the recievers hip pocket too often.

Blocking from the RB/HB/TE position needs to improve

play calling-I believe we have become too predictable. defenses seem to know what we are going to do before we do it. we need some creativity. throw some stuff in that we just dont do. l8ne up under center in an I or power I. 2 TE, split backs with a single flanker. throw in some option, toss sweeps, a flea flicker.

Fun- this to me is the biggest problem. in this quest to maintain elite status and repeat as champs our boys are playing to tight. trevor is tense and its showing. i know pur boys want to be perfect but in their efforts thwy are playing too tight so as not to make a mistake but in doing so they are making mistakes. hopefully this off week can serve as a break amd maybe they can loosen up. Remember back on 2014. Cole Stoud was our starter. he had always played pretty well as a back up but that year he just couldnt get out of his own way. he was playing too tight trying to carry the whole team on his back when he didnt need to. he stopped having fun and make tons of mistakes. then against oklahoma he knew it was his last game and he wanted to enjoy it. what he did was put on one of the greatest bowl performances in Clemson history and did it with a smile on his face.

this team is fully capable of beating anyone. i have full conf9dence that this team is going to peak at the right time and we will be in that NC hunt once again.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My opinion on offensive woes

Oct 4, 2019, 2:01 PM

Honestly, I saw this year as a rebuilding year. We lost a lot last year. I was surprised at the preseason #1 ranking. I think we may win it all, but this team is actually above my expectations. By the end of the season, the team will be mature and ready for Bama or Oklahoma. We are not ready right now. I think we were ranked this year much more on how bad we beat Alabama last year, than on what we have this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My opinion on offensive woes -just win baby, just win***

Oct 4, 2019, 2:46 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic