Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
More shameful words from the White House
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 53
| visibility 762

More shameful words from the White House

Jun 4, 2014, 11:42 AM

The White House is on the defensive because they haven't been able to defend, justify, or rationalize a horrendously bad decision. So they attack the soldiers in his company/platoon for coming out describing Bergdahl as a deserter. I guess in the eyes of the White House, Bergdahl's comrades were "swift boating" when they put their lives on the line trying to locate and rescue this guy.

And to make things worse, Obama will be in Normandy honoring the seventieth anniversary of D-Day. Time to vomit.

Just wondrin how low the White House will go.

Sorry for the vent folks.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/report-white-house-accuses-soldiers-who-served-bergdahl-swift-boating-him_794307.html#!

Message was edited by: Ashburn Maddog®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Two words

Jun 4, 2014, 11:45 AM

Ben Ghazi

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Two words

Jun 4, 2014, 11:52 AM

Been Ghayzi

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought that was...

Jun 4, 2014, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Two words ]

the name of a 90's alternative rock band. TFIC

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let us not be deceived by phrases about ‘Man taking charge of his own destiny.’ All that can really happen is that some men will take charge of the destiny of others. . . . The more completely we are planned the more powerful they will be. - C.S. Lewis

TFIC = Thai Furniture Industry Club? Dafuck?***

Jun 4, 2014, 1:05 PM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

phuket dude***

Jun 4, 2014, 2:06 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: More shameful words from the White House

Jun 4, 2014, 1:13 PM

You people are ridiculous, Even in Bizzarro world, I never thought we would have a debate over not bringing home one of our own captured soldiers.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"captured" and "soldier" are yet to be seen

Jun 4, 2014, 1:19 PM

and trading up 5 tollybon leaders IS NOT HOW YOU GO ABOUT DOING IT.

Spin it however you want. This White House is embarrassing.

Re: "captured" and "soldier" are yet to be seen

Jun 4, 2014, 1:20 PM

you are right, he was hanging out with the taliban by choice and we should have just left them there.(fox news told me so)

Here you go again. Have fun telling me what I didn't just

Jun 4, 2014, 1:23 PM

say. Typical, again.

Re: Here you go again. Have fun telling me what I didn't just

Jun 4, 2014, 1:27 PM

uh, you win the limbo contest, never have I seen the bar set this low before on the right.

Congrats.

this Dianne Feinstein lady seems pretty mad about it

Jun 4, 2014, 1:28 PM [ in reply to Re: "captured" and "soldier" are yet to be seen ]

she's obviously some sort of a racist republican bigot.

"It comes to us with some surprise and dismay that the transfers went ahead with no consultation, totally not following law," Feinstein told reporters following a closed door meeting. "And in an issue with this kind of concern to a committee that bears the oversight responsibility, I think you can see that we're very dismayed about it ."

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bowe-bergdahl-released/top-lawmakers-say-white-house-broke-law-bergdahl-deal-n121721

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: this Dianne Feinstein lady seems pretty mad about it

Jun 4, 2014, 1:32 PM

it is not like she is facing a primary challenge this fall.

Oh....so she's lying?

Jun 4, 2014, 1:49 PM

Typical libbie dem....no principles...

Don't you ever get dizzy...from the spin

Jun 4, 2014, 3:00 PM [ in reply to Re: this Dianne Feinstein lady seems pretty mad about it ]

or the tumor that obviously infects and has eaten most of your brain.

They know no other way. The fact that they do can not see

Jun 4, 2014, 4:35 PM

the black and white lines here is indicative of the mental fog they operate within.

All that matters is 1) getting elected/reelected 2) maximizing their power and financial opportunities while in office and 3) driving a global egalitarian agenda that would eliminate greatness, competition and winners.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Oh yeah, in a heavily conservative state.***

Jun 4, 2014, 9:53 PM [ in reply to Re: this Dianne Feinstein lady seems pretty mad about it ]

Re: Mr. Tbalm, you and I disagree on most things but I still

Jun 4, 2014, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Re: More shameful words from the White House ]

respect your opinion. I may not agree with it but that is what good debate is all about. In this instance, the evidence is there (Army report in 2010, disgruntled emails, Bergdahl's own comments) that Bergdahl was a deserter. Captured? Perhaps, but only because he left his post and created the situation himself. But it is indisputable that significant efforts went into finding a guy that apparently didn't want to be found. My disgust is that the WH will disparage anyone that disagrees with their line of bull sh*t. The use of the term "swift boating" by the WH demeans what sacrifices were made by the same men who tried to find this guy.

first, the white house never used the term swift boating.

Jun 4, 2014, 1:34 PM

second, we do not leave our soldiers behind and are innocent until proven guilty, At least that is the America I grew up in.
I find it down right scary how quickly some of you would turn on our principles to prove a political point.

Not sure politics crossed the minds of the "swift boaters"

Jun 4, 2014, 1:41 PM

when they were sent out to try and find Bergdahl.

Re: Not sure politics crossed the minds of the "swift boaters"

Jun 4, 2014, 1:43 PM

the white house never used the term swift boat, which is the entire premise of your post.

invalid.

What I find down right scary, is how some of you people

Jun 4, 2014, 1:44 PM [ in reply to first, the white house never used the term swift boating. ]

back every action of this obviously corrupt, lying President. Every action goes unquestioned with you people, every screw up excused. At what point do some of you pull your heads out of your ##### and realize how utterly incompetent and criminal this administration is? I suppose never, but whether you wake up to it or not, your Messiah has not turned out as expected.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Balm will never admit that this prez

Jun 4, 2014, 1:48 PM

Is an utterly fuqqing screw-up.
They all have their heads in sand...

Re: What I find down right scary, is how some of you people

Jun 4, 2014, 1:48 PM [ in reply to What I find down right scary, is how some of you people ]

I support bringing home our troops, I have no idea why there is any controversy over this. Oh wait, yeah I do.

If you can't understand why there's a controversy over this

Jun 4, 2014, 1:53 PM

please stop voting, and don't reproduce. Can you name one thing you don't agree with Obama on? I'd bet not.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you can't understand why there's a controversy over this

Jun 4, 2014, 2:03 PM

settle down, I am not getting personal with you, just stating my opinion.

as far as where I have disagreed with him, drone policy, stance on death penalty, not prosecuting a single person on wall street, not getting us out of Afghanistan sooner, doing nothing about our war on drugs, and so on.

I just dont jump onto yoru Obama bashing parties, which get old and tired, so therefore I agree with him on everything?

The opposite is true with some people as well, yes?

Jun 4, 2014, 2:37 PM [ in reply to What I find down right scary, is how some of you people ]

They only see Obama as incompetent and criminal and everything he does or says has to be ridiculed and demonized?

I'm pretty sure History will be pretty ambivalent about Obama's presidency, with the strongest word to describe his 8 years being, "meh." But he's far from the messiah or the devil both sides portray him to be.

absolutely.***

Jun 4, 2014, 2:41 PM

Well, he's proven himself to be incompetent, and in this

Jun 4, 2014, 2:41 PM [ in reply to The opposite is true with some people as well, yes? ]

case criminal. Not to mention the array of other lies he's spewed throughout the years. I guess some of you don't get to see first hand all of the regulations that have rolled out under his watch, either. I don't think he'll be remembered as "meh", I think he'll be remembered as a terrible President, and rightly so.

Incompetent and lies? You mean a politican?

Jun 4, 2014, 2:54 PM

Every president of the modern era fits that description in some way and Obama is no different. In other words, what you call incompetent and lying, most call being President of The United States.

We both are pretty young (you being early 20s, and I'm 30) so really I only have Clinton and Dubya as real world comparisons and you probably only Dubya, but that should be more than enough to see that Obama hasn't been any worse than those two guys. Clinton had an obstructionist Congress, scandals, and some military engagements that were questioned. Dubya started 2 wars, a big medicare expansion, economy bust, etc...

So it's a bit hard to comprehend how Obama has done any worse than at least his two predecessors. His biggest legacy's will be getting Osama and Obamacare. And Obamacare was a compromise so even that will be fought over in terms of who gets credit/criticisms for it.

I just think your thinking is misplaced here.

The same can be said for yours.

Jun 4, 2014, 2:56 PM

juss sayin'

Well sure, but just saying it would be a waste of time

Jun 4, 2014, 2:59 PM

a reasoned rebuttal would be needed.

Unfortunately, I'm no longer in my early 20's :(

Jun 4, 2014, 3:24 PM [ in reply to Incompetent and lies? You mean a politican? ]

Obamacare is a disaster, and will continue to be, that won't bode well for his legacy. And Dubya didn't have Eric Holder, a man that I consider to be extremely dangerous to all of us.

Perhaps I don't remember, but I don't recall the previous administrations conducting themselves as this one has with the outright lying and deception.

You don't remember

Jun 4, 2014, 3:50 PM

They most certainly did. And when/if they weren't lying they were being incompetent (or at least seen by half the country as such, same with the lying).

As for Eric Holder, you don't remember Alberto Gonzales or Janet Reno? Both had very scandalous terms as AG. Again, Par for the course.

Now, that's not saying we should just accept the lying and incompetence but we should expect that it will happen. And acting like Obama is the first administration that has ever done either is ridiculous.

One of the biggest problems the right (and the left under bush) has is crying wolf so much that their complaints begin to be ignored. So when/if a true problem arises, it might get ignored or pushed aside. You do more harm than good by thinking everything the President does/says is the most evil thing ever done/said.

I guess the hope and change just didn't pan out***

Jun 4, 2014, 4:09 PM

it never does***

Jun 4, 2014, 5:58 PM

What I find down right scary is how you and your's

Jun 4, 2014, 1:48 PM [ in reply to first, the white house never used the term swift boating. ]

are so political that you will agree with whatever your party tells you. Obama: the sky is green/Tbalm: Sure is!

And you call the right sheep! lol

Re: What I find down right scary is how you and your's

Jun 4, 2014, 1:49 PM

I am not listening to any party, I am listening to reason.

We dont hang our own out to dry. It confounds me that we would even have to debate that principle.

Reason? Negotiating with terrorists?

Jun 4, 2014, 1:53 PM

Now every American soldier will be looked at as a possible trading pawn.
Thanks, Obummer!

You don't think that was the case anyway

Jun 4, 2014, 6:31 PM

Are you so stupid to think that now the Taliban will try and kidnap soldiers because of this, but before they would just let them go? The Taliban will take an American soldier if they can, that has been true from the very start and will be true to the very end.

this is NOT about leaving our own out to dry.

Jun 4, 2014, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Re: What I find down right scary is how you and your's ]

you know that, but would rather argue.

Jun 4, 2014, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Re: What I find down right scary is how you and your's ]

"Our own?" This guy is a deserter, who left his post and his fellow soldiers. He voluntarily deserted his unit. That is not "our own."

And then we traded 5 Gitmo detaniees (without following the law on notice of release) for a deserter. The numbers show that nearly 1/3 of those released from Gitmo go back to terrorist activities.

Jun 4, 2014, 2:04 PM

we do not know that, it is all rumor.

innocent until proven guilty right?

I made a mistake yesterday, I checked in on the P&R forum

Jun 4, 2014, 2:00 PM

where this subject was being run through the Tea Party-like hate discussion. P&R is controlled by a small group of radicals now. This is the place for such discussions, I hate to see the lounge get involved.

Having written this, I will say that I disagree with you. This person should be assumed innocent unless investigated upon his release and found guilty of misconduct. Then he should be dealt with responsibly. The U. S. Army accepted this man, trained him, and promoted his to Sgt. He was assigned to a remote and dangerous area in Afghanistan. maybe he snapped and maybe he did not, but that is beside the point. He deserves a chance to explain himself.

Having been active in several military trials during my active duty in the army, I am convinced that this is the best route. Some of our military leaders think so also. Please keep politics out of the lounge, Thanks.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/americas-top-military-official-gave-143649501.html

Geechie I agree. BUT, lemme ask you this

Jun 4, 2014, 2:03 PM

Is a 5-1 swap ok?

That's BS to me. I mean, if that's ok is 6 for 1 ok? What's the number? 20 for 1?

I'm sure we've traded POWs before but it seems to me like it wouldn't be a good practice, at least not 5-1.

1-1? Maybe.

Especially if we are taking the stand that we are trading 5 known killers or trainers of killers of Americans for 1 innocent freedom fighter.

Re: Geechie I agree. BUT, lemme ask you this

Jun 4, 2014, 2:08 PM

how about 5-0, because that is where we were going anyway.

Jun 4, 2014, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Geechie I agree. BUT, lemme ask you this ]

I guess I feel that 1 trained Arab killer (our man)
is worth a lot more than 5 trained American killers (the Arabs). We had the assistance of an Arab country in making this exchange, that is a good thing. Security will follow these dudes and we can be on the alert for them.

Also, the Arabs were probably treated better in captivity than our man was by the Arabs. Another point for America.

Thanks for not being hostile like the folks over on P&R.

I'm not hostile, pretty apathetic about both parties

Jun 4, 2014, 2:48 PM

but I really don't think a 5-1 swap is good.

Is a US citizen worth 5 arab killers. Yes IMO. But the value of the "trade" is bad in that those 5 are capable of killing thousands more.

AND I'm sure you can agree that, trial pending, the verdict is out on this guy.

BTW, "security" isn't following those guys. At least not closely. They went to Dubai then on back to Afganny to plot and train more.

Maybe it was the right thing to do, I don't know. But that guy ought to have his #### whupped if it's proven he's a deserter.

Jun 4, 2014, 2:44 PM [ in reply to Geechie I agree. BUT, lemme ask you this ]

I guess that I think that 1 American trained to kill Arabs is much better than 5 Arabs trained to kill Arabs. Besides, we had an Arab country cooperating with us in the exchange which is a good thing.

Maybe you are right, though. At least you were not as hostile as those folks over on P&R. Thanks

Okay, thats fair

Jun 4, 2014, 2:43 PM [ in reply to I made a mistake yesterday, I checked in on the P&R forum ]

But if he is found guilty, can we trade him back for the 5 convicted terrorists?

What if he goes SGT Brody on us? Then what will you say?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Re: Okay, thats fair

Jun 4, 2014, 2:54 PM

What if he gets jailed and then wants to have sex change surgery? What if he is acquitted and spends the rest of his life tracking down those killers? There are all kinds of fantasies that we could think of, but what's the point of worrying about it? Regards.

The SGT Brody thing was a joke

Jun 4, 2014, 3:01 PM

But if he is found guilty of going AWOL and running off, this trade, IMHO, is useless because there are 5 people out there that have been found guilty of killing innocent citizens and all we have to show for it is one coward.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Technically

Jun 4, 2014, 3:53 PM [ in reply to Okay, thats fair ]

The 5 guys we released were never charged with anything.

I'm not saying I would invite them to my next party, but they were not, convicted terrorists.

Re: I made a mistake yesterday, I checked in on the P&R forum

Jun 4, 2014, 2:50 PM [ in reply to I made a mistake yesterday, I checked in on the P&R forum ]

i agree that he should be considered innocent until proven guilty. He could be a head case for all we know. Yes, we needed to get him back, IF he even wanted to come back. I just disagree in the manner that we got him back....especially after men have died trying to get him.

It will all get fleshed out, unless it's all redacted and stonewalled in hearings for years on end.

Replies: 53
| visibility 762
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic