Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Love That Our Own Board Writes Articles About Big Dex
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,178

Love That Our Own Board Writes Articles About Big Dex

Jan 3, 2019, 6:49 PM

Out, no mention of the 4-5 key Alabama players potentially out, including 3 Linebackers w/injury. This team has prepared for this moment. I would submit that the experience gap and falloff from our 1s to our 2s is the lowest in all of CFB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hear what you are saying. But...

Jan 3, 2019, 7:09 PM

The reason I was confident that our Dline could take away the run game from Alabama is not the same as my reason for thinking we could take the run game away from Notre Dame.

Alabama is MUCH better than Notre Dame. Not because of SEC. Because of everything else.

Albert Huggins is definitely a starter and an NFL caliber player. But Dexter Lawrence is an NFL Pro-Bowler. And Dexter Lawrence and Albert Huggins together mean that our NFL caliber talent doesn't get tired.

Losing big Dex for us is a big deal. I posted on here before the Notre Dame game that I was confident in Huggins ability to fill the gap and stated plainly that the Notre Dame game would prove he's a starter. I am still confident in Huggins but it's not the same situation. He's probably our best player on the whole defense... which is a super-elite group.

With their QB and WR's vs our DB, we HAVE to WIN on the line of scrimmage to beat them. Big Dex made that (winning the LOS) a near-certainty in my opinion. It's still possible, but it's less than certain. That matters.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Love That Our Own Board Writes Articles About Big Dex

Jan 3, 2019, 7:14 PM

50% of winning this game is talent, the other 50% is who wants it, who comes in with an attitude. We saw that during the Georgia game, Texas wanted that azzzz and they ate the whole thing. I want the tigers to come in confident but respectful of what they face, and a true burning desire to bring that trophy back to Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,178
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic