Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Duckhead brand, it appears, is back.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 318

Duckhead brand, it appears, is back.

Jul 26, 2020, 2:00 PM

And I’m just lol’ing at the attempt to make it a premium brand. These were the shorts and pants we wore in the late 80’s and early 90’s because they were well made and cost no more than $20. I got many a bargain at the Duckhead outlet that was beside the Astro theater.

Anyway, it seems that now they want $70+ for a pair of shorts.

https://www.duckhead.com/collections/shorts/products/harbor-performance-short-d61004

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Duckhead took over where Izod left off in the 80's

Jul 26, 2020, 2:05 PM

As a side note....

These are also back, or maybe never went away. Notshure

https://membersonly.com/collections/mens-members-only-jackets

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does this mean I can dust off the old nubuck loafers and

Jul 26, 2020, 2:05 PM

braided belt?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Duckhead brand, it appears, is back.

Jul 26, 2020, 2:09 PM

Product wise, it’s not cheap to make a 50/40 short. If it’s done right and the mixes are with good yarn, it’s worth the price.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Little known fact - They originated as "########" as the

Jul 26, 2020, 2:15 PM

shorts were so short in the 80's, that most dude's dickheads would pop out the bottom.

Given the inevitable resistance by the feminist movement at the time, they settled on "Duckhead" instead.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Confession: APM owns a pair.

Jul 26, 2020, 2:34 PM

Yes, they are overpriced and playing on middle aged Southern boys’ nostalgia. No, they are decidedly NOT like the old skool Duckheads. Still, APM has enjoyed his. They fit well and look nice.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

never had any. They never fit me right. I think it was the

Jul 26, 2020, 5:17 PM

rise. And if Mrs No don't say it makes my butt look good, I don't buy them. I'll overpay for stuff that lasts, like Carhartt, but not for a label. The last Ralph Lauren Polo long sleeve print shirt I got, as a Christmas present right before local Belk's quit carrying them, came apart at a shoulder seam. So not my historical Polo performance, but that and them quitting traditional oxford cloth shirts in specific neck sizes and sleeve lengths means they've almost lost me. If their Polos start teh suckage, I'm done.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think I have this sweatshirt somewhere.

Jul 26, 2020, 5:20 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

8" inseam? Are these capri pants?***

Jul 27, 2020, 7:27 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also, they don't sell the Duck Head shirt

Jul 27, 2020, 7:28 AM

that says Duck Tail on the back with the duck's butt.

HARD PASS

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

8" inseam?

Jul 27, 2020, 8:27 AM

Yuck

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Replies: 10
| visibility 318
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic