Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My coot neighbor and friend and I were talking about Clemson and Carolina football.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

My coot neighbor and friend and I were talking about Clemson and Carolina football.

Feb 10, 2018, 6:13 PM

He was making fun of our slide and other perks in the new football facilities. After showing him the survey from the recruits show Clemson #1 in the survey then he said maybe SC needs a slide too. I advised him that we had to focus on our new projects at DV our main home field before we could began to make any improvements or upgrades at our home away from home, Willie B stadium. I told him since we win as much down in cootsville as we do in DV we considered games in cootsville as a home game too.

He is one of the good coots. he took my joke in stride. Even though he played for the coots I count him as one of my top 5 best friends. He would give you the shirt off of his back. He is a great friend though he has that one major fault.

I just happened to be looking at our record at WB so that is why I posted my corny but I hope is funny joke to share with my fellow TNetters.

But it gets under the skin of many other of my coot friends when I bring up how often we win in Columbia and 2 of our 3 highest scores have come at Willie B.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why would your Coot neighbor care about the Tar Heels***

Feb 10, 2018, 6:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Because if Chapel Hill isn’t any good, it’s no fun calling

Feb 10, 2018, 6:39 PM

themselves “Carolina.” Just like “USC.”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Why would your Coot neighbor care about the Tar Heels***

Feb 10, 2018, 6:39 PM [ in reply to Why would your Coot neighbor care about the Tar Heels*** ]

South Carolina football!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My coot neighbor and friend and I were talking about Clemson and Carolina football.

Feb 10, 2018, 6:38 PM

Your post got me wondering about how my Dawgs have done in Columbia over the years. If my numbers are right, UGA is 20-10 there. It's hard (probably impossible) to find any record or stat history that is in SC's favor.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shirley they have the typical SEC/UMass thing going for them?***

Feb 10, 2018, 6:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Shirley they have the typical SEC/UMass thing going for them?***

Feb 11, 2018, 3:57 AM

No they don’t.

And don’t call them Shirley.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My coot neighbor and friend and I were talking about Clemson and Carolina football.

Feb 10, 2018, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Re: My coot neighbor and friend and I were talking about Clemson and Carolina football. ]

They have a losing record head to head with Duke University .

In the sport of footballing .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 10, 2018, 10:36 PM

And they have chestnuts to brag about the history and future of the coot football program. What a laugh

Wofford has transformed their program from a weak NAIA school to D-1 FCS school who has actually has great success. Wofford’s basketball team has even had tremendous success moving from an NAIA school to a D-1 FCS both programs rising from obscurity to prominence with in their conference to.

I don’t understand why SC can’t make these kind of changes. IMO it is their location. The coots program has been pretty much the same stagnet disaster for the last 100 plus years.

Feb 11, 2018, 6:19 AM

I think you're spot on about the location being their biggest problem. Columbia is a dump. Look at what happened this year at their home opener. All the hype coming in and the team lays an egg against Kentucky (that's typical). Later that night there are five people shot in 5 Points. That stuff matters to paretns of big time recruits who have the option of living in places like Clemson, Auburn or Athens.

Just for the record dawg...

Feb 11, 2018, 8:48 AM

The eight (not five people), including the Kentucky girl, were shot in "The Vista" near the State House, the "upscale drinking area(if you believe there is such a thing in Columbia), not in Five Points. And it was the Friday night/Saturday morning (2 AM) before the game. Not arguing the point though. The worst thing about Columbia is a stupid legislature that wants to control everything about the University, including stuffing their unqualified buddies into the athletic program administrations to suck off the taxpayers tax ###.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just for the record dawg...

Feb 11, 2018, 6:22 PM

I stand corrected on the details. Thanks. The bigger point was one of SC's recruiting woes due to location. I've been to Athens and Clemson. It's hard to imagine a parent of a recruit with the options to go to those type locations, would choose Columbia.

Your bad AF bro.***

Feb 10, 2018, 6:46 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Your bad AF bro.***

Feb 10, 2018, 7:01 PM

Not sure what AF means? Sorry I don’t have the dictionary for all the abbreviations used on TNet and other boards.

Feb 10, 2018, 7:09 PM

https://www.lifewire.com/af-meaning-used-in-social-media-3485956

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2018, 7:14 PM

Intriguing. I wonder if it could also stand for "Air Force"?

Feb 10, 2018, 7:59 PM

It’s nice to have another AF brother on here. Welcome to the site.

I can’t think of many schools the Coots “own”. Maybe Vandy? Arky? SC State Bulldogs? GA Southern? Cita...... nah wait those bulldogs won last time they met.

TSgt Crawdad

Feb 10, 2018, 7:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Your bad AF bro.*** ]

Got it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion good or bad.

Feb 11, 2018, 10:21 AM

It's a compliment, I think.

Feb 11, 2018, 2:27 PM

I was not really sure so I did not want to indicate either way what I thought. If it’s a compliment I really appreciate it.

You lost me at

Feb 10, 2018, 7:04 PM

"friend."

I love that name "Willie B" says it all...***

Feb 10, 2018, 7:11 PM

so, you live in an RV park?

Feb 10, 2018, 7:14 PM

When you say "coot neighbor" I think of accommodations with wheels

Re: so, you live in an RV park?

Feb 10, 2018, 7:44 PM

Yes I live in an RV Park where you can move your home whenever you have too. You know how it is we all can’t live on lakes and in 5000SF houses. But I love my 18’x12’ living space with my B&W TV with the 5” screen. A holiday dinner for me consist of 2 frozen dinners. My neighbor and I share an inflated swimming pool during the summer. We may not have much but we own what we have and have a great friendship.

But life is good.

wueagle86:

Feb 11, 2018, 12:25 AM

My ex-landlord has my 1986 Zenith 36" CRT Console TV in storage that still has a perfect picture and sound. No I know this item may be just a bit large for your 12 X 18 space, but since it weighs 800+ lbs, you could set it up outside on cement blocks and 2 x 10's and charge admission to watch it, provided the attendees bring their own folding chairs, beer, and tater chips. A Clean 55 gallon trash bag could cover it in case of rain and they'd still come around. That thing is built like an Abrams Tank(weighs like one, too)

Show some Jeopardy and Wheel-of-Fortune during the week for $0.50 per viewer, and you could up-grade the inflatable pool to an above-ground in 90 days or less. I'll even throw in a 16-pack of Bi-Lo AA batteries for the remote, and a home-brew dipole TV antenna and some "Loominum foil" to aid in the broadcast reception(provided you got a big tree or mebbe a chain link fence to hang it on).

JK, but thanks for the T-mail, my friend.

Re: wueagle86:

Feb 11, 2018, 2:13 AM

That is funny and would fit right in at the old RV Park. I will tell all of my RV Park friends we have a big screen TV coming. It may take a crain to lift it into place. And thank you for your kind gesture to part with such a valuable item. I will get some tarps and rope from Walmart so we can protect such a valuable asset from the weather and watch the TV even when it rains. I will throw a possum in the oven with some cheese and gopher gravy. That’s living it up.

I found some old rabbit ears to help with reception. I figure we might get at least 2 channels. I can cut the top off of an old beer can to collect admission. Thanks for the idea.

God Bless you sir and have a great week.

LOL at gopher gravy***

Feb 11, 2018, 8:57 AM

Feb 11, 2018, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Re: wueagle86: ]

With Gopher Gravy and all of those other tasty morsels of goodies, surely you will not forget to have a few cold collard sammiches and gourds filled with fresh well water for some of those more "picky" eaters.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2018, 4:09 PM

You got it. And I will be sure to invite you over. Maybe if I climb the power poll and tie the antenna into one of the buzzing wires or stick directly in the transformer we can get ESPN. Lol

Thanks for the food suggestions they would go well with Possum and gopher gravy.

Have a great day Joe21.

Feb 11, 2018, 6:51 PM

No coots make my top 5.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic