Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kelly Bryant reminds me of
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,226

Kelly Bryant reminds me of

Oct 5, 2017, 7:53 PM

Tajh Boyd except Bryant is a better runner. Really good at Clemson but won’t do well in NFL.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kelly Bryant reminds me of

Oct 5, 2017, 8:05 PM

Couple of other things....

Oct 5, 2017, 8:06 PM

Kelly is a better runner, just as good a passer and wait for it....he is bigger and faster, both detrimental to Tajh. Don't forget Tajh kicked this run off as a member of the Dandy Dozen.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2017, 8:10 PM

Disagree.

They are not much alike, IMHO. Tajh Boyd had maybe the best deep ball I've ever seen at Clemson, period. He also was basically Tim Tebow when it came to running the football - a big stout dude who could jam it up between the tackles and get those tough yards whether you said yay or nay.

He was not a good intermediate-range passer, and did not go through a progression well. He'd eye the deep ball; if it wasn't there, he'd dump to the checkdown or he'd pull it down and take it himself.

Bryant's still in progress as a passer, and I don't think we really know what his upside is because they've really kept the wraps on him. Right now he's kept it close to the chest because Clemson's had the ponies to win by playing it safe and not turning the ball over, especially on the road. So we've picked and chose our spots to allow him to throw.

I think you'll see them open it up a lot more down the stretch. We're WRU, we have to keep our wideouts fed, and I think Streeter will really want to work with Bryant on his structured passing.

At that point I think we'll see a lot more of Bryant the passer, because while we can probably just run over most of the teams we face, we probably won't be able to do that in the playoffs, especially not against Alabama. So they're going to work hard to develop the passing attack.

We'll see what he looks like the second half of the season.

Oct 5, 2017, 8:11 PM

Boyd was a way better thrower

Oct 5, 2017, 8:18 PM

I don't know about way better. Tajh had Sammy, Nuk, Maratvis, Adam, Brandon Ford, Dwayne Allen. Pretty sure he even threw too Mike Williams and Jordan Leggett. No saying KB doesn't have some star receiver and tight ends in the making but Tajh had some serious fire power. Cant really throw a bad pass with those guys.

Oct 5, 2017, 8:12 PM

I don't think we've seen anybody like KB. He's huge and can flat out run. Also he has some great agility with it and can throw some dimes. Tajh was more of a bruiser

Bryant yet to prove himself...

Oct 5, 2017, 8:14 PM

IMO Boyd was great throwing and running, but there were times when he lost his confidence... That was his problem thru-out college and maybe NFL. Bryant has yet to prove he can sling it as well as Boyd or Watson. Let's face it... we have used the QB's passing to win during difficult games for several years now. Our running backs have not gained the yards needed to trust in them to carry the game.

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,226
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic