»
Topic: I've been watching Tiger football for a long time and I have
Replies: 2   Last Post: Sep 30, 2018 1:22 PM by: InspectorM®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 2  

I've been watching Tiger football for a long time and I have

[21]
Posted: Sep 30, 2018 12:30 PM

to say I agree with Dabo, that was one of the best games ever yesterday. Say what you want about Syracuse. I happen to believe they are a very good team with an NFL-level QB. After everything that happened over the week, I still held out hope that TL and the team were going to rise to the occasion and deliver a great performance. Syracuse came out strong and were beating us on both sides of the ball. Then, my heart absolutely sank when TL went down with that hit. I thought to myself "oh no, Syracuse is about to beat us by 3 or 4 TD's on national tv." There goes the season, playoff hopes, etc. Prior to the Dabo era, that would have likely been the reality.

Chase came out understandably shaky and made some errant passes and an INT, and Syracuse was loading the box against the run. We fumble and turn the ball over around the 10 leading to another Syracuse TD. I felt like this was going to be a nearly impossible mountain to climb.Then it happened. The defense started making some stands. Cle Ferrell seemed to be rallying the front 4. There were adjustments in the OL and they started opening holes for the RB's. ETN was ETN and made Syracuse pay dearly for missing first tackle attempts. That final drive was beyond amazing with Chase putting the game on his shoulders with that 4th down throw on a rope to Tee, and then making that run and fighting for the extra yards at the end. Cap it off with XT planting Dungey in the ground and the fans running on the field to celebrate with the team. That was a great Clemson moment and shows why this place is special. Haters can hate all they want.

We had every reason to lose yesterday, but the team found a way to just win. There may be games with far more significance, but I definitely will remember yesterday for a long time. Thanks Tigers for a great game!!

Amen! We watched a team grow up right on the field!***

[2]
Posted: Sep 30, 2018 12:54 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: I've been watching Tiger football for a long time and I have

Posted: Sep 30, 2018 1:22 PM

The game was quite the roller-coaster ride. I've gotten used to close games, but not the emotional roller coaster that was the game yesterday. It will be interesting to see how the remainder of Cuse's season unfolds. They certainly didn't help our cause last year, and with remaining opponents that include NC State @ Notre Dame, and @ BC, I wouldn't call their road ahead easy. I guess we won't know for several more weeks just how good they actually are.

2019 white level member

Replies: 2  
[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1282 people have read this post