Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's not about what HJ has done...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

It's not about what HJ has done...

Jan 2, 2018, 3:59 PM

It's about what he is capable of. I've seen HJ make throws that KB will never make. Bottom line is we know KB's limitations and so did Bama. Alot of fans wanted to bury there heads in the sand and not admit that despite our record KB was a weak point waiting to be exposed... Well it happened. Hopefully the QB position is up for grabs starting now, if it is I doubt #2 will be the starter next season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You've seen HJ make throws against Bama?

Jan 2, 2018, 4:00 PM

You rename your QB on NCAA 13 to HJ or something?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly, HJ couldn't done better under that

Jan 2, 2018, 4:08 PM

Pressure

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

but what HJ has done for the country?***

Jan 2, 2018, 4:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's not about what HJ has done...

Jan 2, 2018, 4:02 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Jan 2, 2018, 4:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bro, don't bogart those joints.

Jan 2, 2018, 6:07 PM

I mean how many doobies does one man need at any given time?

Based on 5 plays against WF ?

Jan 2, 2018, 4:04 PM

HJ will be ready this year,but coming from Indiana high school football,he was ready for the speed of the game this year. His time in other games gave proof of that .

I know it hurts y'all knowitalls, but KB2 was the only QB on the roster that gets us to 12-2 this year. Next year ? Well, that's different story to be settled amongst about 4-5 QB's in Spring Practice.

B.S. Any Clemson QB goes 12-2 or 11-3 with this stacked team***

Jan 2, 2018, 8:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You calling other people “knowitalls” and then go on

Jan 2, 2018, 8:17 PM [ in reply to Based on 5 plays against WF ? ]

to make a statement that there is NO way to back up. Make sense??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2018, 4:06 PM

And that is why I want it to be a law that when people are born with a less than average IQ they get sent to a private island to fend for themselves and if they can swim back to society (just keep swimming like dory) we will welcome them back in. I guess that's why i get a lot of TD and called a coot, I speak my mind and the truth based on logic and fact ;)

Jan 2, 2018, 6:08 PM

They do get sent to a private island. It’s called USuCk

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kind of a neat idea actually.......

Jan 2, 2018, 6:12 PM [ in reply to Re: It's not about what HJ has done... ]

Send all the lower IQ people to islands and let them form their own societies while the smarter folks stay on the mainland and prosper for the good of all..at least those with a higher than average IQ.

Most of the world's problems are then contained on islands throughout the world's oceans. Seems legit. That bill needs to be drafted, today.

I'm kind of serious but not really.

Jan 2, 2018, 4:08 PM

KB played pretty good last night. It was not his fault that nobody blocked and let him get hit while he was throwing. The slant pass to Cain could have been caught. KB made some great plays. We were starting to gain momentum when he got hit and threw the pick.

Jan 2, 2018, 4:45 PM

#33 Left DE came untouched 3 times.. The 3rd time is when Kelly got hit and threw the 1st pick to the defensive lineman... Why we allow a guy to come untouched 3 times is beyond me...

Jan 2, 2018, 6:28 PM

You ever ask why other teams let our D do that same thing? Just asking...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2018, 5:57 PM [ in reply to Re: It's not about what HJ has done... ]

It’s not about how good or bad KB played last night. It’s how bama was able to game plan knowing KBs shortcomings. They knew all he could do was complete short passes, sat on them, and dominated. They knew all they had to do was take away the run and short passes, put 9 men near the LOS, and there was no way we would be able to sustain drives.

And the slant pass to Cain had no chance of being caught. Cain was never even close to open on that play.

Jan 2, 2018, 6:05 PM [ in reply to Re: It's not about what HJ has done... ]

Wrong!

It's KB's fault that he didn't make adjustments on the line when clearly nobody was blocking the LB who lined up to blitz.

It's KB's fault for repeatedly not stepping up in the pocket. You can't expect the OL to block all the way back to your endzone.

Clearly we watched different games. QB has to read D

Jan 2, 2018, 8:28 PM [ in reply to Re: It's not about what HJ has done... ]

and adjust blocking schemes as needed. KB gets a F there and has all year. When pressure comes he needs to move in the pocket away from pressure. Many times he could have stepped up and let the pressure go past him but instead he constantly tucked and ran into pressure. This made the line look worse at times but we did have some breakdowns. Just no help from KB when we did break down. Pollard had a rough game for sure. KB constantly makes the wrong read on the RPOs. He also has happy feet and doesn't take the deep shot, anticipate throws, or throw receivers open.

Those are the negatives. KB is a terrific runner and from what I can tell a great leader. He works hard. He's made the most of his ability but to beat Alabama last night was beyond his ability.

I also don't think we had a good game plan last night.

You left something off of the beginning of your HJ post:

Jan 2, 2018, 4:13 PM

"hits blunt,,,"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does HJ play on the offensive line?

Jan 2, 2018, 4:28 PM

Cause if he doesn't he probably wouldn't have changed the outcome of that game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2018, 5:09 PM

I like HJ also but we had made a coaching decision to try and run the ball and play dink and dunk on third and long. Which is more likely, the coaches wanted KB to throw the ball downfield more and stretch out the field but he didn't or the coaches knew that KB would not succeed on his long throws.

Our WRs are not great and we are missing our best receivers (Renfrow is great but he is not a big downfield target). Ray Ray and Cain or not 1st/2nd WR options at least compared to what we have had in recent years.

I really think KB should be given a lot of credit for winning every game he was healthy except Bama. He has done the best he can with limited passing capabilities and the guys showed heart.

However, we would have had to gotten two Scoop and Score's from our D in order to win last night with the offense and game plan we had against Bama. Our OCs know what all our QBs can and cannot do. We had our very conservative game plan for a reason.

As for HJ, I think he might have just got hurt last night. KB was the QB that got us to the dance..

Next year should be a open tryout at QB. We are going to lose at least one QB to transfer but what else can you do when you have four guys (2 5 star) fighting for one position?

We have retained one of the best staff of coordinators in the nation. I expect our offense to have much more of a downfield game next year. I feel sure our coaching staff knew our limitations before the game last night and we are still only one year removed from our best QB ever in DW4.

The future is bright. The more success you have, the harder it is to keep the fan base happy.

Dean

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2018, 5:59 PM

Wow. Excellent points. I completely agree.

That right there is a man with good sense.***

Jan 3, 2018, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Re: It's not about what HJ has done... ]

HJ couldnt make Cain catch the ball

Jan 3, 2018, 10:38 AM

he dropped some really easy passes as did Renfrow. It wasn't our night lets move on.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic