Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The year? 1987. The Place? Death Valley.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

The year? 1987. The Place? Death Valley.

Oct 10, 2016, 9:24 AM

Tigers record? 6-0 at the start of the day 6-1 at the end of the day. The opponent? NCST.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1987-10-25/sports/8702010794_1_wolfpack-coach-tigers-first-loss-clemson-coach

Let's avoid crap like this on Saturday.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That game wasn't on TV and I was out of town and couldn't go

Oct 10, 2016, 9:27 AM

I saw the halftime score (NCState 30 Clemson 0) during whatever game I was watching. I KNEW without a doubt that they had transposed the scores and Clemson was actually up by 30.

I was incorrect.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That game wasn't on TV and I was out of town and couldn't go

Oct 10, 2016, 9:38 AM

I was there. The first half was like a nightmare. The second half, our D held NCSU to -18 yards total offense. Our O scored 28 points and was driving late in the game. On 4th down, a pass to Tracy Johnson hit the Umpire and was incomplete... game over... if the Umpire moves, Tracy gets the first down on about the 20 yard line with 1 minute left, and a FG wins it. Instead, the Umpire gets a PBU and we lose 30-28.

As you said... let's not let that happen again! Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was Fall Break at Clemson I was home in Charlie Town

Oct 10, 2016, 9:36 AM

and heard the have time score in the Citadel Square Mall and left the mall to listen to the second half so did see the last pass but heard the Umpire was in the way of the pass from those who attended

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Oct 10, 2016, 9:36 AM

D!ck Sheridan.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Sheridan was always the thorn in Danny's paw for some reason***

Oct 10, 2016, 9:38 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was at the game, but left at halftime

Oct 10, 2016, 9:37 AM

to go home for fall break(?). I listened to the game on the radio, and several times, I had to pull the car over to cheer. Seems like there was a dropped pass that kept us from tying or taking the lead.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AMEN. Two concerns about this game:

Oct 10, 2016, 9:46 AM

1) our guys looking ahead to the 'noles (and don't say they don't do it - thinking of DW4 flashing the L during the game @ GT)

2) the crowd comes in late and flat.

Can State beat us? Sure. As the Brits stay, they can beat anyone "on their day". But if we focus and the crowd helps, this one will not be close.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was there. We almost came back. I think

Oct 10, 2016, 10:12 AM

Rodney set the record for pass attempt in that game ( which was hilarious if you remember "3 yards and a cloud of dust" football). I still hate NC State. Beat the #### out of them!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every game we play now is a trap game - we can't.....

Oct 10, 2016, 10:19 AM

overlook anybody!!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic