Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is PAC Championship game being on Friday an advantage
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Is PAC Championship game being on Friday an advantage

Dec 3, 2019, 8:06 AM

to Utah, an advantage to Oklahoma/Baylor, or no effect? This question assumes, of course, that the top 3 win their games as expected.

If you are the conference commissioner for the PAC or B12, and there is a coin toss to decide who plays Friday night and who plays Saturday, and you win, which day do you choose? I think I have to go with Friday.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Imo, it wasn't set on Friday to give the PAC advantage.

Dec 3, 2019, 8:23 AM

It exposes the PAC conference championship game comfortably to fans across all time zones. They really get a raw deal in the time slots their premier games are played.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, and acknowledge that any advantage is unintentional

Dec 3, 2019, 9:26 AM

I just thought it was an interesting idea to discuss...guess I was the only one, LOL

Re: I agree, and acknowledge that any advantage is unintentional

Dec 3, 2019, 9:48 AM

I think it hurts the Pac 12. imagine if Utah beats Oregon in much the same manner that OK beats Baylor. The Big 12 game is fresher in the minds of the committee and OK comes off marginally better than Utah - maybe enough to jump them into # 4 after GA loses.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't disagree with your point but here is my counterpoint

Dec 3, 2019, 10:19 AM

Utah gets the spotlight on Friday night to make their statement...only game of the day, and first of the weekend. First impression, without the added pressure of knowing what happened in the B12 game and fixating on what you have to do to top it.

If Utah can come in loose, get ahead, and then pour it on, that puts a lot of pressure on both participants in the B12 game.

I guess it is not unlike overtime. Some want the ball to apply the pressure, some want to know what they have to do and then answer.

Per SEC narrative, it is a HUGE advantage. Any extra time to

Dec 3, 2019, 12:44 PM

recover from that grueling SEC schedule is a blessing. Just look at how Western Carolina wore down Bama so that Awbarn was able to knock them out of the Playoffs. An extra day of rest, and Bama might have been able to count to 11 and get the ball back on that last Awbarn possession!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic