Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm very encouraged and optimistic; this board is coming
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 725

I'm very encouraged and optimistic; this board is coming

Aug 7, 2020, 6:07 PM

around and clearly beginning to realize that Joementia and his far left policies are so radical and
destructive that they would transform America into something none of us ever imagined!! You can just sense the momentum shifting to Trump and away from Hiden Biden...palpable...

The Green New Deal is a good example: Trillions to keep the planet from a ONE degree increase, if even that. Job-killing policies as a result of the Screw Us Green New Deal. Skyrocketing unemployment, a staple of the Dem party, along with higher taxes to pay for all of the free stuff the Dems pandered to their 'constituency'.

Not to mention that Joe himself is impaired to the point, right now, that he couldn't lead this country for 30 minutes! Anybody that thinks he's competent is either living under a rock, in complete denial or just plain dumb!!

The good news....people are taking notice as Joe descends into the abyss of his bunker and plows ahead, rapidly destroying his campaign every time he speaks!! People are on to him now, the cover up by the MSM and the DNC notwithstanding. The latter demonstrates the incredible desperation of the Democrat party, attempting to drag a half dead, angry Alzheimer's old man across the finish line.

Losing at any cost comes to mind.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm very encouraged and optimistic; this board is coming

Aug 7, 2020, 6:11 PM

We have less carbon emissions now than in nearly 70 years. Anyone wanting to change the global carbon emission level should push to shut China and India down. Sure a lot of people will starve but it would actually save the planet. That's if you really think the planet gives a chit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2020, 6:38 PM

Gee, I wonder if a global pandemic that shuts down most travel and huge sectors of the economy has anything to do with that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, emissions were down to record levels pre-pandemic.

Aug 7, 2020, 6:56 PM

Nice try.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

where the fugg do you get this crazy nonsense?

Aug 7, 2020, 7:20 PM

I mean it just gets tiring having to fact check you all the time.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i might buy the right end of that chart

Aug 7, 2020, 7:24 PM

but who the heck was measuring carbon dioxide emissions in 1758

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i might buy the right end of that chart

Aug 7, 2020, 7:25 PM

he is saying we have less carbon emission than 70 years ago, I mean that is just batshit crazy talk.

do you have one that shows usa emissions

Aug 7, 2020, 7:28 PM

cause that would be we
and i still think any number from 1758 is made up

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: do you have one that shows usa emissions

Aug 7, 2020, 7:34 PM

to answer your first question, scientists can measure increase in CO2 levels dating back tens of thousands of years just by measuring the levels in air bubbles trapped under layers of ice and comparing them to the previous year. It is not rocket science.

there would have been almost no carbon emissions in 1758. notice the graph hovers around zero, right up until late 19th century when we started burning coal and the industrial age took off.

You’re actually both right

Aug 7, 2020, 8:08 PM [ in reply to Re: i might buy the right end of that chart ]

Re: You’re actually both right

Aug 7, 2020, 8:52 PM

You can point at China as the world leader in emissions, they have 5x more people than us and they are the world leader in manufacturing while we are the world's leader in buying cheap crap that ends up in a landfill. You need to look at it as an issue of consumption, and not who has the most power plants. Americans far and away consume the most resources and indirectly contribute to climate change more so than any other country. It is because we are the wealthiest country and buy the most crap. Everything has a carbon footprint, a TV, a Car, a teddy bear, all required fossil fuels to manufacture and ship. Our consumer culture is the biggest driver of this problem.

Per capita emissions by country provide perspective.

Aug 7, 2020, 10:37 PM

Renewable sources important for all countries especially developing countries. If the rest of the world matches the US’s emissions per capita, we’re toast. China’s contribution to total shows that reality.

Plenty of opportunity for our children and grandchildren.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Per capita emissions by country provide perspective.

Aug 7, 2020, 11:58 PM

Off shore wind and Solar are growing in Florida, it is all free market based. The real fun beings when the wealthy people with Coastal properties start suing because they do not want to see wind turbines from their waterfall edge pools over looking the Atlantic.

He can speak for himself in a debate, but just to clarify

Aug 7, 2020, 10:30 PM [ in reply to where the fugg do you get this crazy nonsense? ]

the issue, both of you are partially right. Your graph, I expect, is for worldwide emissions, which is a fair thing to point out.

In the US, CO2 emission trend looks like this: https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/USA/united-states/carbon-co2-emissions

His comment is right, if he amends it a bit to specify a certain measurement.

How that relates to politics is another subject, and I'll not wade into that here. Total emissions is still not as good as it should be, but the curve has flattened (I just now thought that up), and if that trend continues should turn downward. A lot has been done by the US, and if China and a few others had done as well we would be looking at much different conversation. That doesn't mean we shouldn't continue to improve, and we should try to bend the curve even faster, but when we are turning our graph downward while the rest of the world keeps moving total graph upward, our options are somewhat limited.

How that relates to politics is another subject. As a non partisan observation of all three graphs (yours and the above two), I think one would conclude that any international agreement that places a disproportionate responsibility and cost on us will damage us without having the necessary effect on the total graph. Until China and a couple of others clean up their acts, pardon the pun, the US can only affect the margin. If my heat pump is 80% efficient and yours is 30% efficient, and new regulations seek to cut my inefficiency in half by the force of fines if not acheived, without the exact same penalties placed on you for the exact same goals, the air is not going to get much cleaner even if the regulations are successful.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Link to where emissions are at their lowest in 70 years?***

Aug 7, 2020, 7:03 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm very encouraged and optimistic; this board is coming ]

If you hadn’t shown me the light...

Aug 7, 2020, 6:26 PM

I would have voted for Joementia Hiden and Shady Fried Rice/ Corolla Hapless

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2020, 6:36 PM

Apart from APM and prodigal who probably went from a Trump vote to a no vote, I don’t think anyone on this board has changed their voting preference since 2016.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Biden might get elected but the house and senate

Aug 7, 2020, 7:07 PM

will be republican

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t think the house will flip, but I’d happily take a

Aug 7, 2020, 7:55 PM

split Congress with a Republican senate, with Biden as president. Trump gone and 4 more years of gridlock in Congress to keep any far left agenda from being passed would be a great holdover until the next election.

Re: I don’t think the house will flip, but I’d happily take a

Aug 7, 2020, 8:35 PM

He will just EO everything. And we have a Supreme Court that acts like Obama's DACA EO has the same effect as legislation passed by Congress and signed by the President.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Biden with a GOP controlled Congress would be the ideal...

Aug 7, 2020, 9:30 PM [ in reply to Biden might get elected but the house and senate ]

outcome for me (outside of Trump dropping out).

I just don't see the House switching and the Senate will be tight. Trump blow back is going to hurt this time around. If the dems take the Senate then that will be bad for sure.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The House? Lulz. Hope the GOP keeps the Senate.***

Aug 7, 2020, 10:59 PM [ in reply to Biden might get elected but the house and senate ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 725
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic